1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dynamic olivier armstrong

Discussion in 'Invalid Requests' started by Kain9212, Apr 14, 2015.

1. Kain9212

Kain9212 Potential Patron

im not where exactly where to post this but i was wondering if anybody here could kindly point me to a dynamic hair for olivier armstrong from fma brotherhood ^_^

2. stuntcock

stuntcock Club Regular Staff Member Moderator

It doesn't exist. Kir created a static PNG several years ago. You can post a Revision thread if you'd like, but please read the rules first.

Note: the Olivier hairstyle is complex (number of separate hair strands, cross-layer interactions, conformal wrapping around the skull and body, distal curls) and therefore it would require a lot of work to animate it convincingly. It would also be a resource hog, but you presumably know that already. The material is several years old; if a modder was very eager to create this SWF then they probably would have done so already.

If you want to see this happen, then you should be prepared to do some preparatory work (e.g. trace the PNG file into vectors, find screencaps and animation samples to show how the hair is supposed to twist/bounce/move) and offer support for the modding work (e.g. testing and feedback).

3. Kain9212

Kain9212 Potential Patron

oh cool, thanks for the advice and the rule suggestion, i'll take a look at those rules, as well as look into all that other stuff