1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dynamic head for him

Discussion in 'Invalid Requests' started by Sass, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Sass

Sass Potential Patron

A long time ago someone created a dynamic head for him -- Shinji from Evangelion. The mod also changed the Him body to be smaller and slightly differently shaped. If you want to check it out, it's attached to this post.

I'm requesting a mod that functions the same, except it uses female hairs instead of the male one the original author used. I'm also not requesting any of the changes to the body the original author used.

So to be clear -- I'm requesting a dynamic female head for him, with a couple generic female hairs that would work with it. I'm sure it would be a lot of work, since I don't have the FLA of the Shinji mod you could just edit. But if anyone feels like doing it, I'm sure it would appeal to a large audience here.

2. stuntcock

stuntcock Club Regular Staff Member Moderator

Please don't do this. When something has already been shared, re-attaching it is a minor waste of server filespace. More importantly, though, it's bad for the community. Anonymous re-sharing denies credit to the original author of the work (especially when you've referred to them only as "someone"), it prevents appreciative users from easily discovering the author's other creations, and downloaders won't be automatically informed of any updates or improvements.

Instead, please link to the Download page or the author's thread.

It's not practical to create a "middleware" mod which would "intercept" incoming female hair mods and simply apply them onto the male character instead. The coordinate mapping just doesn't work out cleanly; you get unpleasant gaps and seams.

Each female head+hair mod is going to be a custom job.

Which female head?

Which female hairs?

3. Sass

Sass Potential Patron

My mistake! I tried finding that mod awhile ago and came to the conclusion the author had deleted it. I should have checked to be sure before posting this.

For a more specific request -- I'm asking for a dynamic head that functions the same way Wyld_Card's Shinji Male Replacer does, with the hair of Mineur's Quiet. Link here: Quiet Static Hair.

The hair's clean and is generic enough looking that a lot of people would find use of it I think.

Sorry for not giving credit to Wyld_Card or being specific enough in my original post.

4. Sass

Sass Potential Patron

Should I resubmit the request or are there more details I need to mention?

5. stuntcock

Please read the rules. Don't bump a Request thread unless you're adding new information. Don't repost a request thread, or post a duplicate thread when another already exists on that topic.

You still haven't said which female head you want to use.

6. Sass

Sass Potential Patron

Okay, sorry. I wasn't trying to bump the thread, I was just asking for clarification.

Ideally, I'd like to use either the Nami or Short Haired Chan heads (they're the same aside from the hair), only with the mouth closed. The main issue with the female heads that are currently available for Him is that they look like sex dolls (frozen face with an open mouth). Blinking eyes with either a closed mouth or a mouth that opens and closes periodically solves that issue.

Thanks again.

7. stuntcock

No, they aren't. The mouth positions differ.

You're asking for a lot of work here. Adding a second set of facial layers will be detrimental to the game's runtime performance. And this project doesn't include any hair animation, which is my area of interest. So I'm going to bow out. If someone else wants to take over then they're welcome to do so.