Does dialogue save with the character? (1 Viewer)

Bluey5

Potential Patron
Basically what I tried to say was, you know when you make your character and stuff right? If you put a dialogue on and save or update the character, will the dialogue always load everytime you switch to that character?

The Hermit

Potential Patron
I seem to recall reading somewhere that if a Dialogue name is the same as a character name it will load when that character is selected. I haven't tested it though.

The Hermit

Potential Patron
Really? My tests have shown that it just keeps the currently loaded Dialogue, even I've you've given it the same name AND saved the character with it loaded. :-\

Bluey5

Potential Patron
Huh... that's funny. Is it the EXACT same name? Spaces count. Example:

Dialogue name: SD Chan (Has a space)

Character name: SDChan (Doesn't have a space, so doesn't count)

Does that help? Everything you put in has the be the EXACT same as the other.

The Hermit

Potential Patron
Yeah.

I created two copies of SD Chan called Test1 and Test2.
Two dialogues with just the Dialogue_name set, All:"CLEAR", and an Intro line that said which Test it was.
Saved with the characters.
Went back to SD Chan, cleared the currently loaded dialogue, and closed SDT.
Reopeded SDT.
Selected Test1, checked to see what Dialogues was loaded, the default.
Same with Test2.

Bluey5

Potential Patron
Weird. Alright try this.

Make a character called "Load"

Then make a dialogue like this:

all:"CLEAR"
dialogue_name:"Load"

Make sure you put the dialogue in the dialogue folder. Load SDT then click the character. Then go to the modding section and click edit on custom dialogue and see if it is empty. Let's see if that helps. That's the test I used.

Bluey5

Potential Patron
I called the folder Dialogue lol. You might have some sorting issues, I did when I first started out. Make sure you make your folder and put all of your dialogues in there.

The Hermit

Potential Patron
Bluey5 said:
I called the folder Dialogue lol. You might have some sorting issues, I did when I first started out. Make sure you make your folder and put all of your dialogues in there.
I already have folders for mods & backgrounds, with subfolders in each, but didn't have that many dialogues that I'd thought about putting them in one.

Do you have the path to your dialogue folder stored in SDT?

The Hermit

Potential Patron
Well after some more through testing, I can definitely say... it does NOT work.

It DOES work when you save the character(s), then switch between several, even with a dialogue name that does not match the character name, right up until you close SDT. But next time you open SDT the dialogues no longer open automatically. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.