DialogueChecker (Latest version: V3.07, 18 December 2016) (1 Viewer)

AaRL

Vivacious Visitor
Re: DialogueChecker (Latest version: V2.06, 29 September 2013)

I had an idea... I recently checked my dialogue that had a bunch of errors. I noticed something very annoying... the scrolling. Is there anyway your checker could 'snap' to the line in question and make stop just at the top of the dialogue edit window? Like Notepad does with "Find" via F3 key.

Pim_gd

Content Creator

Snap to the line in question how?
I can probably automatically scroll the input dialogue to the linenumber of the first error, but beyond that...

AaRL

Vivacious Visitor

Just open up a dialogue in notepad and press f3. type in something to find and then press enter. thats what Im talking about.

The scrolling idea works too.

Bluey5

Potential Patron

Can't you just use Ctrl+F in your browser for that? If that's what your talking about.

The Hermit

Potential Patron

What would be nice, though I don't know if it's possible, is to have the errors be links. When you click each one the original dialogue scrolls to the correct line.

This would allow you to fix the error on the screen, then copy the whole thing out of the dialogue checker and paste back into Notepad. Though if you could Load your text file and Save in after that would be even better. ;)

Pim_gd

Content Creator

I'll take a look at (ab)using the htmlText attribute this week.
I won't be modifying the current boxes, though - I'll be putting an edit tab on the right or left, and you can click on that and then it will show you your fancy dialogue text with styling and notes and what not.

Pim_gd

Content Creator
Re: DialogueChecker (Latest version: V2.07, 10 October 2013)

October 10, 2013
Introducing v2.07!
- Fixed last announcement to display v2.06 instead of v2.05 (how bad can you screw up? Plenty, it seems)
- Improved the comment filter by actually making the improvement of v2.04 work.
- Added version used to output.
- Added support for Animtoolsv8 (atv_position variable)
- Fixed a typo in the error message for triggers in variable substitutions that refer to non-existing lines.
- Added a check for lines without line names.
- Downgraded [[]] (Syntax) from Major to Minor severity due to it behaving as expected (triggers line without linename), it's just bad style.
- Added a check for lines with a next line-attribute with a value of empty string (Syntax - Major).
- Added an additional message for when empty triggers refer to a non existing line in order to hint at the possibility of a typo/syntax error.
- Updated credits to show proper supported versions of Dialogue mods because I forgot to do so for v2.06.
Download link in OP.
The archive download, containing the source of the DialogueChecker, as well as the current and all the previous versions has also been updated.

That editor thing will take a tad longer. I want to actually spend time on that instead of hastily slapping something together, and it's hard to do that when all you really want to do is play games =D.
Also, lines without linenames act funny in SDT. Majority of new checks and non-compatiblity changes are related to that.

There's one more thing I've noticed that I haven't added yet:
Code:
intro:"Hi" {"next":}
SDT doesn't like that. DialogueChecker says everything is okay.
Thinking about how I'm gonna add it in ... probably look at the raw line, see if the last non space character is } and the last non space character before that is :

Bluey5

Potential Patron

Well...I use the SwfCabin recently, and I guess you might want to update it because when it says you used a dialogue mod it says "Animtoolsv5" instead of 8. It's no big deal though really.

Pim_gd

Content Creator

Bluey5 said:
Well...I use the SwfCabin recently, and I guess you might want to update it because when it says you used a dialogue mod it says "Animtoolsv5" instead of 8. It's no big deal though really.
DialogueChecker v2.07
Supports the following mods:
AnimtoolsV8 and BreastExpansionPlusV2_4 by sby
DialogueActions v1.06 by gollum / Pimgd
VariableArithmetic v1.02+ by Pimgd
DialogueChecker is made by Pimgd and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
To view a copy of this license, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/.

Where do you see this "Animtoolsv5"?

Bluey5

Potential Patron

I was talking about the SWF cabin...not the downloadable version...and the site must be down right now or whatever it is because I can't get to it right now. It's <a href=http://www.swfcabin.com/open/1377308399>This</a>. EDIT:
By the way, your dialogue makes use of the following dialogue mods:

AnimtoolsV5 by sby, through the use of [ANIMTOOLS_titJob] - trigger,[ANIMTOOLS_thrustdown] - trigger,[ANIMTOOLS_slut] - trigger,[ANIMTOOLS_reversecowkazoo] - trigger,[ANIMTOOLS_reversecowgirlroof] - trigger.

Don't forget to mention that when you release your dialogue!

You see AnimtoolsV5? That's what I was referring to...

Pim_gd

Content Creator

Bluey5 said:
I was talking about the SWF cabin...not the downloadable version...and the site must be down right now or whatever it is because I can't get to it right now. It's <a href=http://www.swfcabin.com/open/1377308399>This</a>. EDIT:
By the way, your dialogue makes use of the following dialogue mods:

AnimtoolsV5 by sby, through the use of [ANIMTOOLS_titJob] - trigger,[ANIMTOOLS_thrustdown] - trigger,[ANIMTOOLS_slut] - trigger,[ANIMTOOLS_reversecowkazoo] - trigger,[ANIMTOOLS_reversecowgirlroof] - trigger.

Don't forget to mention that when you release your dialogue!

You see AnimtoolsV5? That's what I was referring to...

Support is not provided for versions prior to v2.07. If you have a problem, find a bug or think that a feature is missing, check if there is a newer version. If your problem/bug/feature request persists, post about it.
Each time I update, I update the link to swfcabin. I suggest you bookmark the front page of this thread, rather than a direct bookmark to the swf on swfcabin.
You'd be amazed what changed between v1.27 and v2.07.
In other words: "I guess you might want to update it" - I did.

Working on v2.08 locally, probably not gonna make a huge editor since that's a PITA but will look at making the dialogue in the input textbox highlighted red for the error lines. Already added checks for moodchecks without mood-sets.

Bluey5

Potential Patron

Oh, alright then. It was something minor anyway. I'll bookmark this page.

LN1990

Potential Patron

Pim_gd said:
Working on v2.08 locally, probably not gonna make a huge editor since that's a PITA but will look at making the dialogue in the input textbox highlighted red for the error lines. Already added checks for moodchecks without mood-sets.

You welcome? ;D

Pim_gd

Content Creator
Re: DialogueChecker (Latest version: V2.08, 25 October 2013)

October 24, 2013
Introducing v2.08!
- Added checks for mood checks whilst the dialogue doesn't ever set the mood to that mood (Line Usage - Minor).
- Tried and failed to add red highlighting to lines in input textfield that are the cause of found issues.
Download link in OP.
The archive download, containing the source of the DialogueChecker, as well as the current and all the previous versions has also been updated.

Text coloring is NOT possible - at least, not without fucking up the text in the input field. Flash happily eats \r and \n if you set the htmlText attribute of a textfield, so yeah... Basically, once I add red coloring, newlines die, html tags get parsed and &#number; insertions get parsed as well. It turns the input into garbage.
Also, SWFCabin hates me - I switched to FastSWF for v2.08.

I'll be including f93's dialogues as a testset for the DialogueChecker, so I'm hoping we'll be seeing even less bugs.

Bluey5

Potential Patron

You should have switched to FastSWF along time ago...

Pim_gd

Content Creator

FastSWF is slightly worrying me though - they say the files will only stay up if they're being used.

Bluey5

Potential Patron

You saying it barley gets used? LOL...that's harsh.

LN1990

Potential Patron

Bluey5 said:
You saying it barley gets used? LOL...that's harsh.

I use it all the time.

Granted I still miss things but I use it. ;D

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.