Dialogue syntax highlighting for notepad (1 Viewer)

recreation

Potential Patron
Not really a tutorial but i guess it helps alot with creating dialogues:

I made a simple syntax highlighting script for SDT dialogues for the notepad.
I didnt spend much time testing it because of the lack of time but i guess it works fine so far...
To include it into the notepad just open a dialogue (or create a new 1) with the notepad, select "Language" -> "Define own language" -> "Import" and import the xml file.
For more info about the syntax highlighting look at the example-sceen.
The rest should be self explanatory.
If someone experience some bugs, has any questions or suggestions just tell me.

[attachmini=1]

Attachments

SDT.xml
6.5 KB · Views: 441

Pim_gd

Content Creator
Updated this file to work... "better".

Recommend you use DialogueChecker prior to uploads, though - this is messy as fuck and Notepad++ User defined languages are really wonky.

Please make sure you have Notepad++ v6.5.2 or later.

Attachments

SDTVanilla.xml
52.9 KB · Views: 290

SDTLoader.xml
54.7 KB · Views: 332

Spinner

Potential Patron
Pim_gd said:

Recommend you use DialogueChecker prior to uploads, though - this is messy as fuck and Notepad++ User defined languages are really wonky.

Great work Pim_gb. I have been using a (slightly modified) version of SDTLoader.xlm and it has made everything so much easier... :)

As an side (given my experience), I'm a little surprised this post is so dated... :o

Pim_gd

Content Creator
Spinner said:
Pim_gd said:

Great work Pim_gb. I have been using a (slightly modified) version of SDTLoader.xlm and it has made everything so much easier... :)

As an side (given my experience), I'm a little surprised this post is so dated... :o

Post new one here if possible, I didn't know people really used it - I don't even use it myself, prefer regular notepad.

Spinner

Potential Patron
Re: Dialogue syntax highlighting for Notepad++

Pim_gd said:
Post new one here if possible, I didn't know people really used it - I don't even use it myself, prefer regular notepad.

As suggested by Pim_gd...

These are my variants of Pim_gb's (previously recreation's) User-defined languages for editing SDT dialogues in Notpad++. I use two variants:
  • The one I use for my own code:

Attachments

SDT_SpinnerCode.xml
10 KB · Views: 679

SDT_WW_Variant.xml
10 KB · Views: 502

Pim_gd

Content Creator

• Spinner said:
    Variances from Pim_gd's version:
    SDT_SpinnerCode:
    • [size=9pt]/* */ Block comment ( /* to open */ to close )

And that one works in-game how?

It's nice to add it for the coloring, but it doesn't actually affect the lines...

Spinner

Potential Patron

Pim_gd said:
And that one works in-game how?

It's nice to add it for the coloring, but it doesn't actually affect the lines...

Ummm... yeas... I agree? ???
Since it was defined in your original SDTLoader.xml, I adopted your approach... and now, I love it...!

Correct me if I'm wrong but, as I understand it, as long as you don't put actual lines (i.e defined "master" lines or "triggered" lines), it doesn't matter much what you do for comments. And isn't the whole point of the user defined language simply to make it easier to read the code?

Also... seems to pass kit muster in your dialog checker! :D

Anyways... it works a treat for me and you suggested I post it... so, I did. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.