Dialogue stops playing? (1 Viewer)

CptBanana

Potential Patron
I've been playing with custom dialogues and a lot of times, for seemingly no reason, a string of linked lines will simply not play. Is there any reason for this or surefire way to avoid it? (For instance, if i have a line called intro05, that is called at the end of intro04, sometimes it simply won't play, and then the sequence of dialogue is broken.)

Thanks,

aztlan

Casual Client
If her mouth is full she won't speak (but she will "thought" and HIM will speak).
The other is that there was a change about 3-6 months ago (to DA or the Loader, not sure which) wherein triggers calling next line, e.g. [play line02] will now prevent any other dialogue or triggers from playing. These triggers for next liens now have to be at the end of the line (but still inside the quote and thus before {"set..." ,etc.). If you have older dialogues where this was not done (because it used to work if placed earlier, in fact there was a technique to do so so that you could insert something in her mouth mid-line and she would stop the line and play the trigger for the next line), then your dialogue will have to be modified such that all next line triggers occur at the end of the quoted speech.

CptBanana

Potential Patron
Hm, thanks for the tips. I've looked over my dialogue and downloaded some that were uploaded here, and i'm still having the problem, and it's definitely random. Without her mouth being full, sometimes dialogue just stops - it seems like when it does happen, it will continue happening frequently for a while, and then at some point, it seems to behave perfectly fine. I'm not loading any other mods between this, just the same things each time. It's really confusing. (so, sometimes a series of dialogue might stop at the second line, or go all the way to the 50th. it doesn't break in the same place twice.)

CptBanana

Potential Patron
Hm, i don't know how to actually get an FPS readout check, but it never looks like the FPS is that low - most of the custom dialogue i wrote clears before it starts, and thats usually what causes the FPS to drop. Could it be possible that one of the loader mods breaks it? I don't have that many installed. (Although, i do have strange behavior from the moreclothingmods, so i've had it disabled for a while now... i should probably go searching for a fix for that as well.)

aztlan

Casual Client
moreclothing drops your FPS the more items it adds. I find I can add 2-3 dozen without hurting my FPS. Adding over a 100 clothing items tends to crush my FPS. The physics adjusted bikinis by Huitznahua might be particularly problematic. I'm not positive if the drop in FPS is due to the number of items added or the particular ones added.

CptBanana

Potential Patron
I think i ended up figuring out the problem. I went on a bit of a quest and disabled all the mods but moredialogue and kept loading them one by one and checking. the dialogue broke when i loaded up sby's breastexpansionv2.4 mod. Since there was a newer version out, i grabbed that and tried it - and i have not had any problems with the dialogue breaking yet. I'm still having an issue with the moreclothing mod not launching (after launching once fine and goofing with the options, it will always stop loading on clothing item 59, regardless of what item that is. i'm thinking a workaround to that could be to look through all the items and disable the ones i don't want to keep the count under 50, but, i guess thats a bit off topic.)
Thanks for the insights though.

aztlan

Casual Client
If it fails on item 59, then it's probably that item 58 or 59 or maybe 60 is broken, just drop them from your Settings file. (As I recall some clothing is just not compatible with morelcothing while others require certain helper mods (template maybe) which can be disabled by yet other mods.

sby

Content Creator
Coder
upload a copy of your loader folder somewhere, or run your copy with the standalone debugger and paste in the error message

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.