Dialogue Intro never displays (1 Viewer)

Peter Fisch

Potential Patron
Hello,
whenever I try a new dialogue and it has an intro, it never displays right. On the same hand, no finisher ever gets spoken. Even if I set it to auto, there wont be any.

Sincerely,
Peter

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
Hello Peter

Back in 2014, I was trying to make dialogues, but I quickly forgot about it because the triggers didn't worked as I wanted.

I made some tests (cf. SyntaxTerror's Dialogue tests (fully tested on Vanilla SDT v.1.21.1b)) and found that :
intro: when the girl is idle before the first deepthroat, can also trigger when she is not moving while sucking.

Actually, the intro lines can take some time to appear in the beggining, and sometimes they just don't. I cannot tell why, but it seems that changing the character doesn't solves the problem, the game has to be closed and restarted.

This is what I remember with intro lines, but I am sure that some dialogue writers can tell you more on the subject.
There may be different points of views, because no extensive documentation on the subject is available and nearly everything has been made from scratch with personal testing.

It would be a good idea to put your dialog in the first post to allow others to investigate it.

Good luck.

Peter Fisch

Potential Patron
I didn't make a dialogue. It happens whenever i try out a dialogue from the forum.
But so far, I never experienced a into line, not even after a lot of restarting and waiting.
Not even the story scripted ones that play at the beginning.

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
You can try to open the Dialog window:
  1. Go in the Modding tab.
  2. Click on the button Edit in the Custom Dialog part (at the bottom).
  3. Click on the button on the right of one of the intro lines (it will play it immediatly).
  4. Click anywhere on the game screen, it will reopen the Edit window.
  5. Close this window ( ❌ in top right corner).
This may start the dialog properly, if other lines need the intro line to be displayed first.

Anyway, give a link to the dialog(s) where you are experiencing problems, so others may try to reproduce your problem.

By the way, are you sure that the Dialogue box is ticked in the Option tab? (this may seem stupid, but it is a possibility)

Peter Fisch

Potential Patron
Nice idea, but if i press the button, the intro will play and reapeat, instead of playing just one time.
Also, its all dialogue. It doesn't matter what it is, no dialogue every played correctly with ending and intro.

Rudgar

Content Creator
But you have enabled dialogue at all in the setting, didn't you? Just asking to make sure ... (it's not that this never happened to me :oops:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.