Dialogue/Character code SWF (1 Viewer)

Beginner1

Potential Patron
Is it possible to combine the dialogue (text only) into the swf of the character. I find it a hassle to load the two separately.

anonymous

Avid Affiliate
Beginner1 said:
Is it possible to combine the dialogue (text only) into the swf of the character. I find it a hassle to load the two separately.
I could see it being possible, but that would be up to the creator of the swf character to add such a dialogue, which is kind of forceful if you ask me.

In short, in your situation, likely no.

Mak

Content Creator
If it was created into a swf dialogue like audio dialogues (just without the audio) you could get it to save into the .sdt file which doesn't currently support dialogue.txt saving but does save any/all swf mods added. This way it wouldn't have to be in the character swf for everyone.

Though you would need to find someone willing to do it, and if/when Kona adds dialogue saving to the .sdt it would make them instantly obsolete since txt files are smaller in size.

The loader supports dialogue saving.

anonymous

Avid Affiliate
Mak said:
If it was created into a swf dialogue like audio dialogues (just without the audio) you could get it to save into the .sdt file which doesn't currently support dialogue.txt saving but does save any/all swf mods added. This way it wouldn't have to be in the character swf for everyone.

Though you would need to find someone willing to do it, and if/when Kona adds dialogue saving to the .sdt it would make them instantly obsolete since txt files are smaller in size.

The loader supports dialogue saving.
swf file just containing the text would be just as small, a few bytes if much.

Mak

Content Creator
Anonymous said:

Don't know why what I was comparing has such a different size, but this is good to know.

anonymous

Avid Affiliate
Mak said:
Anonymous said:

Don't know why what I was comparing has such a different size, but this is good to know.
audio dialogues are much larger because of the audio in it. No one has released a swf dialogue without audio.

Mak

Content Creator
Anonymous said:
audio dialogues are much larger because of the audio in it. No one has released a swf dialogue without audio.

What I was looking at wasn't SDT related, it was a manual for something that came with txt, pdf, and swf. I realized what it was, my brain was just asleep while I was trying to use it... it's the fact that the swf has controls in it.

ModGuy

Content Creator
Mak said:
Anonymous said:

What I was looking at wasn't SDT related, it was a manual for something that came with txt, pdf, and swf. I realized what it was, my brain was just asleep while I was trying to use it... it's the fact that the swf has controls in it.

Pray tell what this was.

Mak

Content Creator
ModGuy said:
Mak said:
Anonymous said:

Pray tell what this was.

It was a video, I really just wasn't thinking clearly earlier lol.

Edit: Interactive swf with navigation buttons. I got bored so I looked it up since video didn't seem properly describe it.

Sorry for sending your thread way off topic Beginner1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.