1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dialogue/Character code SWF

Discussion in 'Help' started by Beginner1, May 24, 2012.

1. Beginner1

Beginner1 Potential Patron

Is it possible to combine the dialogue (text only) into the swf of the character. I find it a hassle to load the two separately.

2. anonymous

anonymous Club Regular

I could see it being possible, but that would be up to the creator of the swf character to add such a dialogue, which is kind of forceful if you ask me.

In short, in your situation, likely no.

3. Mak

Mak Avid Affiliate

If it was created into a swf dialogue like audio dialogues (just without the audio) you could get it to save into the .sdt file which doesn't currently support dialogue.txt saving but does save any/all swf mods added. This way it wouldn't have to be in the character swf for everyone.

Though you would need to find someone willing to do it, and if/when Kona adds dialogue saving to the .sdt it would make them instantly obsolete since txt files are smaller in size.

The loader supports dialogue saving.

4. anonymous

anonymous Club Regular

swf file just containing the text would be just as small, a few bytes if much.

5. Mak

Mak Avid Affiliate

Don't know why what I was comparing has such a different size, but this is good to know.

6. anonymous

anonymous Club Regular

audio dialogues are much larger because of the audio in it. No one has released a swf dialogue without audio.

7. Mak

Mak Avid Affiliate

What I was looking at wasn't SDT related, it was a manual for something that came with txt, pdf, and swf. I realized what it was, my brain was just asleep while I was trying to use it... it's the fact that the swf has controls in it.

8. ModGuy

ModGuy Club Regular Content Creator

Pray tell what this was.

9. Mak

Mak Avid Affiliate

It was a video, I really just wasn't thinking clearly earlier lol.

Edit: Interactive swf with navigation buttons. I got bored so I looked it up since video didn't seem properly describe it.

Sorry for sending your thread way off topic Beginner1.