Dialog Box problem.... Can't read dialog because background too dark (1 Viewer)

eatthecat

Potential Patron
Is there a way to adjust the opacity of the dialog box? I have trouble reading the dialog sometimes when the background is too dark. Seem like you should be able to adjust the transparency of it somehow but I can't find it in the settings.txt file or anywhere on the internet after searching for about 15 minutes....

Thanks,

eatthecat

eatthecat

Potential Patron

Thank you for taking the time to reply. The reason I asked is I downloaded a rar file called loader 6 that had a bunch of pre-bundled mods in it. Apparently it is not compatible with dialogdisplayeditV1 as even when I add it to a specific mod folder and include it in mod.txt nothing changes...

Really appreciate the info though.

stuntcock

Content Creator
I downloaded a rar file called loader 6 that had a bunch of pre-bundled mods in it.
If you're talking about krizalid's bundle then version 6 is very out-of-date. You should probably download the newer version. Please be warned that version 8.5 is still out-of-date with regards to SDT modding in general; it doesn't include the latest versions of sby's (very popular!) mods. But if you're too lazy to download specific files and you'd prefer to just use the built-in characters, then it's better than nothing :)

If you're talking about sby's Loader pack then version 6 is slightly out-of-date. sby uses ZIP rather than RAR format, so you might be describing something else.

Apparently it is not compatible with dialogdisplayeditV1 as even when I add it to a specific mod folder and include it in mod.txt nothing changes...
The mod works fine for me:

JXQqDzA.jpg

If you don't have much experience with installing and customizing mods then you'd probably benefit from reading the Newbie Guide.

Including a mod's filename in a Mods.txt file is the right idea, but you need to ensure that it's the correct Mods.txt file. You might choose to place the dialogDisplayEdit mod only in a single Character Folder, corresponding to the one character whose background is very dark.

Or you might choose to place the mod into your $INIT$ folder (and make it persist through Resets) so that it's always active. You could then choose a field+text scheme which provides reliable contrast -- white on blue, black on white, etc. Whatever fits the color schemes of your characters and backgrounds.

Regardless of where you put the mod, you will need to ensure that it can access its Settings file (by placing the dialogdisplayeditV1settings.txt file alongside the SWF, or by placing it into your global Settings folder). If the mod cannot find its Settings file then it will complain; you'll see a red error message on-screen when you attempt to load the SWF.

You'll also need to edit that Settings file in order to choose your preferred colors and alpha values. The mod doesn't really do anything "out of the box", it merely gives you the ability to make changes by editing its numeric config values. If you want to adjust the Reset-persistence parameter then you'll find it in the Settings file as well.

eatthecat

Potential Patron
I went with the settings that weewillie used for slave bazaar. I like the pink for her and blue for him and the text is always readable....

I downloaded sby's pack but I'm not sure how to add my character folders to it. I got it to see the characters and add the folders but it didn't attach the dialogs that were in the folders. It looks like he has separate places to put items and then uses a .txt file to call them. Like the same dialog and mods show up in about 10 of my character folders but it's just copied 10 times. I think he has a place for dialog and mods and then the program looks for it, but I'm not sure what the syntax is for everything yet.

I prefer the discovery aspect of using character files other people built

I've been playing around with the game for about a month now. I'm an engineer so I understand a little bit of coding but some of it is definitely over my head.

eatthecat

Potential Patron
I don't remember where I got it but it unpacked into a folder called Loader6. It has a white tab that hides on the side where you can select characters and it says v5.16 shot 4 the file is dated 1-1-15. I like the way it's setup although my mods folder takes up about a gb, mainly because there are a bunch of animated anime backgrounds I haven't got around to deleting yet. Every other loader I've messed with has required me to select a character and then add a dialog. I like that they are pre-selected in this one and if I don't like it I just drop in one I do or delete the character folder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.