[PC] Destroy Shōjo ☆ Kanon-Chan  (デストロイ少女☆カノンちゃん) (1 Viewer)

fun_damentalz

Potential Patron
style="width: 800px" align="center"
|-
| titlescreen.jpg
|
Destroy Shōjo ☆ Kanon-Chan  (デストロイ少女☆カノンちゃん)
(I worked together with Google Translate to come up with that name. Google translated it as "American girl canon ☆ chan".) I hope this game isn't just old and I missed the original post for it.

Here is an action platformer with sprite animations and game-over scenes. It plays a lot like a combination of several titles we're familiar with, particularly Unholy Sanctuary and Lab Still Alive, and I'm sure there are some other parallels in there as well.

=========Links=========

???????ACT??????? --Blog Link
http://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ121936.html/?unique_op=af --DLSite Link

=========Controls=========

style="width: 300px"
|-
|A
|Jump
|-
|W
|Throw Grenade
|-
|D
|Knife Attack
|-
|X
|Shoot Gun
|-
|Arrow Keys
|Move Around
|-
|F4
|Full-Screen Mode
|-
|Right Shift
|Reload Weapon (thanks, Thundragon!)
|-
|Left Shift (hold)
|Run

Pressing Up when knife-attacking will do a slight rising slash.
Pressing Down when knife-attacking will show you the fastest way to travel (backwards dodge knife slash).
Using a knife-attack while airborne will give you a bit more lift. It's also possible to do part of a rising slash while airborne.

=========Controls=========

Gameplay consists of traversing 2D levels with enemies to kill and places to go. The game allows for backtracking and does not appear to consist of purely linear progression. Some enemies go for attacks, while others have H-actions that can be performed while you still have health. H-actions do damage.

I got to the first boss, when I lost, it moved to a sprite-based cut scene showing the character's defeat and, uh, deflowering. It then went to a game-over screen.

=========Screenshots=========

style="width: px400" class="cms_table_outer_border" align="center"
|-
| RJ121936_img_smp1.jpg
| RJ121936_img_smp2.jpg
| RJ121936_img_smp3.jpg

Normally I'd make my own screens, but due to time constraints here are what you can see if you go here!

I noticed a glitch where if you go backwards through a door, you can get stuck on the other side. You have to enter and exit a time or two to get properly re-oriented.

Last edited by a moderator:

Doujinshius

Potential Patron
Looks cool. Thank you for making a good, organized post. Makes browsing these forums so much more enjoyable :)

Thundragon

Potential Patron
For anybody wondering: to reload your gun you press right shift. Also, I love how this game controls. Maybe it's because is like a mix between Kurovadis, Lab Still Alive and Crackle Cradle all in one, but it's awesome!

Afhc1988

Avid Affiliate
Nice game, but the low resolution hurts me! (If you use F4 for Fullscreen, it crops some of the left part)

gardenvarietyshark

Potential Patron
Not too shabby at all. Reminds me of LAB the most. I wish the animations were smoother or at least faster paced, but it's the author's vision to have it this way, so whatever. At least the controls feel responsive and combat is doable... the bossfights in the trial version were just incredibly lazily designed: like so many times before, it seems you're just supposed to go all out with your ranged/special arsenal to beat them before they inevitably drain your health. >_>

Neonie

Ryonani Teamster
The full game is really hard, but well worth it. Plenty of content and gameplay. It is really fun. I am stuck at the bossfight now with the catgirl though :(

I can get her down to the point she goes into rage mode, but once that happens I just can't beat her. It seems your bullets do not hit stuff that is off the screen :(

Once I get close enough to shoot her she jumps close to me and flings me in the air, so I am really stuck as to how to beat her in rage mode :(

other-s

Potential Patron
For anyone having trouble with...well any enemy in the game, I recommend the katana. You can find it after getting the green keycard. It's before the hole with the minotaur monster that you run away from. The katana is ridiculously overpowered. Most common enemies die in one hit with it and most bosses don't even last half a minute. Once you find it, use tab to swap between that and the regular knife.

gardenvarietyshark

Potential Patron
For anyone having trouble with...well any enemy in the game, I recommend the katana. You can find it after getting the green keycard. It's before the hole with the minotaur monster that you run away from. The katana is ridiculously overpowered. Most common enemies die in one hit with it and most bosses don't even last half a minute. Once you find it, use tab to swap between that and the regular knife.

Yep, good stuff. Not as agile as the knife, but plenty powerful.

Btw if you get "stuck" in doorways when moving with the knife dash, just knife dash again. :P

PS. Just finished the game. Really short on content, feels like a rush job... but maybe it's just their first game, and in that case it's not bad at all!

Last edited by a moderator:

Neonie

Ryonani Teamster

Too bad I missed this :(

I am already all the way to the tentacle beast but I always die just before defeating him. Is there anything after the tentacle beast anyway?

other-s

Potential Patron
Too bad I missed this :(

I am already all the way to the tentacle beast but I always die just before defeating him. Is there anything after the tentacle beast anyway?

If you mean the one with the big eye, then no. That's the last boss

T

Theecchiguy

Cool Glitch

If you knife backdash past some doors and move away from the door you can fall through the floor... you will lose all your health but still be alive, just move around and jump back up to the floor and it messes up the some enemies and makes the first half of the game much easier, for example, the flying bugs stay frozen in the air and don't fly into you, it works on some bosses too, the second and flying bosses both freeze up and you can just wail on them till they die. Unfortunately it doesn't do anything to projectiles or the first boss, you just die in one hit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.