1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Danger Room: Psylocke

Discussion in 'Fiction' started by ghost13, Jan 24, 2015.

1. ghost13

ghost13 Avid Affiliate

DANGER ROOM: PSYLOCKE

[​IMG]

"I still don't understand the point of this exercise.." Psylocke muttered, "I mean... I get it.. Telepaths are never to be underestimated.. but this? This is a bit excessive, Emma."

" I can't but agree, Elizabeth.. " the white queen replied as she typed commands into the danger room computer, "However.. Professor Xavier insisted. His main priority is and always will be keeping the X-men alive and high level telepathy presents us with an uncomfortable number of unknown variables. We have to accept that the blocking of a mutant's powers is a probable reality.

The ninja stared solemnly at the computer screen. " I suppose you're right.. This just feels unnecessary. I mean.. the X-men have you and Xavier, two of the most powerful telepaths in the world, for this exact situation."

The air grew heavy as Emma Frost paused for a moment ".... We may not always be there Elizabeth.." She refocused on the screen and finished prepping the room. "Everyone knows how deadly you are without your powers, but we must remain ever ready.. Now then. You're up. Good luck. We will be monitoring the exercise from here."

----------

Psylocke entered the danger room. She stared across the blank walls and floors as the program executed and the environment began to manifest. Metal walls became brick and glass... the ceiling went went black as night. The very ground on which she stood turned to paved road and street lights arose from nothing as the familiar streets of Brooklyn appeared in front of the ninja's eyes.

"This part never ceases to amaze me." She whispered to herself nostalgically. She took a minute to get her bearings. Everything was serene.. she gauged it was around midnight from the position of the moon in the sky. Her only landmarks were a small music shop, a rough and tumble gym, and a tiny pizzeria.

Before she could fully adjust, Psylocke's keen senses picked up on something faint... "..Footsteps?" she thought to herself as she looked around to determine the origin, eyes sharp as a katana. The hairs on the back of her neck stood up as the footsteps became louder and faster... whatever the origin, it would reveal itself shortly.

Psylocke readied her guard as a tall silhouette burst from around the corner near the music shop...

" ... What?..." The ninja's head perked.. Glistening in the glow of the street lamps was an all too familiar figure. A giant metal mutant. A friend. Colossus.

[​IMG]

"Colossus? What are you..." was all Psylocke managed to say before the metal giant began to charge. The freight train of a man was moving at an unforgiving speed toward the female mutant.

" What?! What is wrong with you?!" She yelled as the metal warrior threw a few wild punches. Psylocke easily evaded them, even in the midst of the confusion.

The keen ninja noticed that Colossus eyes were giving off a feint glow.. mind control.

"Variables... Right, Emma?" she scoffed to herself. This was supposed to be a simple power block exercise. Adding in a mutant of Colossus capabilities.. complicated matters. After a few more failed punches, Colossus attempted to shoulder ram the raven haired mutant.

Psylocke's reflexes kicked in instantly. The spry ninja gracefully bound over the charging tank, flipping effortlessly in the air. She then planted her heels into the back of Colossus's' shoulders and, in one motion, gracefully flipped off of the giant and propelled him into the pizzeria walls. Colossus smashed headfirst through the front of the building, nearly reducing it to rubble and dust. Psylocke landed from her flip and prepared herself for his next onslaught. She knew that was nowhere near enough to bring Colossus down... She had to think fast..

" Maybe... just maybe... " she thought to herself, " if I can get him to knock over one of the light poles, he might expose a wire. Running the electrical current through his metal body might just do the trick.. "

From the rubble of the pizza shop, Psylocke saw the gleaming enraged eyes of her normally kind ally. Instantaneously, Colossus shot out from the dust and the rubble, looking to charge the lithe mutant once again. Psylocke knew he was more brawn than brains, however.. She managed to position herself right in front of one of the lamp posts, ready to spring her trap.

Again, the ninja bound over the walking tank, she flipped midair and planted her heels into the shoulder blades of Colossus... But.... The metal mutant reacted too quickly. He controlled his momentum and stopped dead in his tracks.

" W-What?!" Pyslocke's heart sunk. This was beyond his normal capacity. " Did Emma enhance his reflexes?! "

Colossus then reached to his shoulder blades, engulfing the female ninja's legs in his enormous hands. With all his might, he swung the young mutant around by the heels and flung her towards the gym. She crashed through the glass pane and landed with a thud on the gym's padded flooring.

"ugh..." she mumbled as she held her head, trying to clear the fog. Psylocke was momentarily stunned as she hazily stared up at the gymnasium's lights. Psylocke's view was soon eclipsed by the metal mutant's giant hand as Colossus grabbed a fistful of the ninja's hair and lifted her to her feet. Psylocke met eyes with Colossus.. Cold, focused metal was all that she could see before a swift powerful knee collided with her taught stomach, doubling her over.

"OUFF" was all that escaped her now agape mouth. Colossus snaked his powerful arm around Psylocke's head, locking her in a front headlock. Psylocke's hips bucked, but the normally agile ninja couldn't wriggle out of his steel grip. He proceeded to execute his attack. The metal mutant threw one of Psylocke's arms over his shoulder and from there, reached behind one of Psylocke's firm, supple legs... setting her up for a fisherman's suplex. Psylocke stood there on one leg as she was wrapped in his attack.. she was in trouble... His hips exploded with force as he suplexed the female mutant.

"UNF" her back and neck collided with the matted floor as her leg was still hooked in the walking tank's grip. He released the hold and let her slump to the floor... Psylocke's ample chest heaved in her tight one piece ninja outfit as she was once again left staring at the gym's lights.

Colossus grabbed Psylocke by her collar and lifter her again. He had noticed the gym's boxing ring behind him and thought that could be put to better use than the padded floor. With a fistful of her uniform, the metal mutant walked Psylocke to the ring. Grabbing the back of her outfit at the neck and lower back, he forced her underneath the bottom rope of the ring, making her already tight uniform ride up a little more than usual. The ninja rolled a few times into the ring and lay prone. This gave her a few seconds to recover. Not much but enough to mount a possible counterattack.

As Colossus made his way between the ropes into the ring, Psylocke pounced and wrapped her legs around Colossus's head to execute a "hien-saka-otoshi". From this position, she used his momentum and weight to flip herself backwards, launching the metal mutant across the ring. He landed with an earth-shattering thud as his weight almost proved too much for the ring to bear. After a few meager seconds, the giant was on his feet again unscathed. Colossus's metal body could take ten times what Psylocke could throw at him and barely suffer a scratch.. that is, without her powers, of course.

In an act of anger and desperation, Psylocke rushed the metal man. She leaped into the air and channeled all of her strength into a flying kick aimed directly at Colossus's heart, hoping to at least stagger him. The kick connected with a loud PING... but alas... proved to be ineffective..

Psylocke had a look of fear on her face as her stare met a foreboding metal grin. In an instant, the ninja found herself surrounded by the giant metal arms of her foe. Colossus squeezed tightly and began to crush Psylocke in a bearhug.

"AAAAAHHHHH" She screamed as her lower back began to feel the immense pressure. Her toned legs kicked wildly as she tried to push and claw at Colossus face to get just enough room to slip out of the hold but to no avail. In desperation, she put a fist to her attacker's temple.. forgetting that she had temporarily lost her powers.. it was no good.. She was locked in tight.

Minutes seemed to pass in agony... Psylocke's thoughts began to get foggy as her struggling began to weaken... Then out of nowhere, she felt and upward draft as she was forcefully dropped. Colossus decided to bring her back to reality with an inverted atomic drop..

"EEEEYAAAHHH" She shrieked again as she felt the steel knee of her foe slam between her legs. Her head dropped in pain onto Colossus's shoulder as she was left straddling his knee, breathing heavily... From that position he would wrap his massive arm around her head in a front headlock. He stood up slowly, bring her with him.. Psylocke stood wearily as one of her arms hung low and the other rested on her assailant's chest.. almost as if it were a plea for mercy. she would find none however... after a few seconds of stalling, Colossus dropped backwards, spearing Psylocke's head into the ground with a vicious DDT. Her body spasmed for a brief moment before her arms went limp and her body slumped over pitifully...

Colossus had had enough fun and was ready to end this.. He reached down and grabbed his dazed opponent by the hair. He lifted her up and for a brief second their eyes met. She was breathing heavily... just trying catch her breath lost from being squeezed and slammed..

He reached between her legs to scoop the exhausted ninja up and stomach first onto his shoulders. He jostled her around a bit and wrapped his arms around her slender, taught waist to where she was in an inverted bear hug.. The ninja's thighs delicately brushed Colossus's ears and her feet pointed up to the gymnasium's lights as he rested his chin between his victim's legs. Psylocke's view had been turned upside down... She looked through Colossus's legs, past the gym's broken window, and out into the streets.. she was barely aware of what was happening.. barely aware that she was about to be dropped into a tombstone piledriver. Too foggy to realize her dire situation, she instinctually clung to the metal giant's waist to avoid falling..

He held her there for awhile... The blood began to rush to her head... It felt like an eternity for Psylocke..

Colossus had decided that it had been long enough... It was time to end this. Instead of dropping to his knees, however, he fell backwards into a seated position...

--THUD--

Psylocke's head collided with the ring's unforgiving mat in Colossus's devastating seated tombstone piledriver. Her arms fell limp as she hung there in her conqueror's embrace. She had been instantly knocked out.. Colossus let go of her body as she fell onto her back. She was splayed out over the metal mutant's legs.. she looked like she was asleep..

A loud buzz rung through the gym as the danger room began to return to normal. A voice echoed through the vacuous room.

" SUBJECT UNCONSCIOUS. PROGRAM END."

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2015
  2. anotherguttersnipe

anotherguttersnipe Casual Client Ryonani Teamster

I've always liked the way you write a fight sequence. It feels very fluent from start to finish.

Also liked the pretense of this scenario. The Danger Room seems to be a great way to put x-men in ryona-like situations that they wouldn't otherwise face. (eg: A wrestling match)

3. TheCrimsonRisk

TheCrimsonRisk Club Regular Ryonani Teamster

I agree with AGS, the description of action is very strong. Nicely done there.

If I might offer one style suggestion, it's that you avoid using ellipsis and double periods too much (".." and "..."). I'm sure it's just a writing tic you have, but if you could clean that up it would help with readability. For me, anyway.

You also made good use of their powers. Psylocke forgetting that she couldn't use her psychic knife was an amusing touch and I enjoyed this line in particular:

"Colossus’s metal body could take ten times what Psylocke could throw at him and barely suffer a scratch"

That emphasized the hopelessness of the situation perfectly.

Might have to steal this Danger Room wrestling premise sometime :p

4. ghost13

ghost13 Avid Affiliate

@ guttersnipe: Thank you! I was worried it might be too much lol, but I feel like the smallest details give the biggest effect. And yeah it had to be the danger room for me lol. Any other situation might feel too forced.

@crimson : Thanks! I'm a long time comic book fan and I try to remain as true as I can to their character. Also, yeah it's kind of a tic. Whenever I write something, I put an ellipse if I feel their needs to be a small break for effect. Ill try to tone it down haha.

Having read ryona exhibitionist and mist catchers, this feedback is extremely flattering.

5. anotherguttersnipe

anotherguttersnipe Casual Client Ryonani Teamster

I will say this though. I was unsure whether Colossus was a simulation within the danger room, or if it was actually Colossus being controlled by Emma Frost?

6. ghost13

ghost13 Avid Affiliate

He was being controlled. I liked the thought of a friend unknowingly knocking Psylocke out.

7. Kargan3033

Kargan3033 Swell Supporter

Nicely done Ghost13 as always the action is well thought out and has a smooth flow to it, there were a few times I thought to myself now what is Emma decied to use the Big Boy to inflect some sexy humilation on Psylocke while others were watching the fight, not outright rape even though that could happen if Emma was going to full blown evil route, also you seem to have cut out any kind of detailed discription of the pain that Psylocke went through she got an inverted atomic drop to her cunt.

All in all another fine story, well done.

8. ghost13

ghost13 Avid Affiliate

Lol some might view my works as sort of "pg-13". What I mean by that is that while I enjoy writing about fighting and some humiliating scenarios, rape and killing are two things I avoid. Nothing against anyone who writes that way, but I personally do not like it.

I appreciate your feedback :) and yeah I notice missing detail when i re-read my stories. Sometimes I want to change stuff but hey I put it down so I should keep it and learn from it.

9. Kargan3033

No problem and you write what you like to write headless of what others like, if they like your story then they like your story, if they don't then they don't, it's nothing to get worked up about, when I write my stories I write them for my enjoyment and if others like my stories then that just icing on the cake. :-)

I like the way you think and that's what I usully do when I'm writing because going back on your stories and re-reading them and seeing where the imporvments can be made is a good and usuful leanring tool.

10. Viridian

Viridian Potential Patron

The Ryona content is great, the characterizations maybe not so much. Betsy and Emma HATE each other, I've got to suspect that if Emma asked Psylocke to partake in a contest like this, its because she rigged the game to take Betsy down a peg... except that Betsy would already suspect that was the purpose of the jig and tell her to go stuff her pampered face full of bloody lemons or some such because there was no way she was going to waist her time doing something Emma asked her to do (hence sustaining their dislike of each other for not really being able to one up the other.) Even with the pretense that Xavier asked for it, that conversation between them is a bit to friendly.

11. Kargan3033

You make some good points but one could say that Betsy was just playing along in order to figure out what Emma was up to and is planing an *aproret* revenge on Emma, in fact this whole story line could be turned into a game of one upmenship between Betsy and Emma with the rest of the X-men as pawns in their game which leaves open the possabilty that the pawns in their game might be a little more then *annoyed* that they were used as pawns and might play their own *game* on Betsy and Emma.

12. Viridian

I guess that could be it :/ but I still say the conversation is to polite. They are not civil with one another really. They exchange cold greetings and cold stares at the best of times, only really 'working together' when there's an active enemy. I stand by my observations. The ryona is good, Ghost's ryona style is well honed, but there's always improvements to be made and where you're dealing with established characters it really helps the story if they feel true. Sometimes the comics get them wrong as well so I know it's nothing new or anything but I still thought I'd point out the part of the story I thought could use improvement.

13. Kargan3033

I understand what you are saying and since I really don't know the characters all that well and their cannon relationship to one another I'll have to take it that their cold relationship to one another is normal for them.

14. ghost13

ghost13 Avid Affiliate

I did not know that lol! I've fallen out of comics it seems haha.

Don't try reading too much into it, it's an honest mistake. thanks for the heads up and I'll be sure to do more research next time!

15. Kargan3033

I look forward to seeing what you come up with next. :-)

16. Viridian

nah don't worry about it. It's like i said, your ryona quality is always very good. I just happen to be a big Psylocke fan and know little details like that. :P the two of them are never pleased to see one another. Betsy knows Emma is an arrogant witch and calls her on it constantly, and Emma hates that Psylocke calls her on her bullcrap.

17. Kargan3033

Oh the fun and games to be had because of that or at the very lest one hell of a cat fight :-)