[PC] Crackle Cradle (1 Viewer)

vDen

Potential Patron
Just found this sequel to BlankBlood and noticed it wasn't mentioned here.

It's similar to BlankBlood+ and Foxtail with the new multi-part doll graphics. Like BlankBlood+, where you could only play as Ryoko, here you can only play as Nana. If you've played BlankBlood then you'll find the controls are almost identical to how Nana was controlled in that game; move using WASD and control the gun using the mouse. The only changes being that now you can double tap left or right to dash and reload using the 'R' key.

There is a level select option available from the start when selecting new game, but so far there are only two levels; a robot factory and a monster infested sewer. Most of the enemies and all of the traps are repeats from BlankBlood with updated graphics. The new dash move makes the game a tad easy, since you can dash through enemies without taking damage.

Nana's clothing is damaged by some enemy attacks but she never ends up naked. The ryona here is more violent with no H-content; enemy attacks send Nana's body ragdolling through the air and making lovely bone crunching noises on impact. The death animations include a lot of writhing, spasms and vomiting blood. The crocodile enemies in the second level can also bite off arms and every non-robot enemy including the level 2 boss has a vore grapple attack.

I recommend that in the options you turn off the motion blur effect before playing, since this being a Game maker game the blur causes substantial lag.

Creator's site
Download site

Code:
Controls:
A           = left (double tap for dash)
W           = jump (press twice for double jump)
D           = right (double tap for dash)
R           = reload gun (while alive)
R           = restart (while dead)
Mouse       = aim gun
Left Click  = shoot
Right Click = reload
Backspace   = pause
Enter       = confirm selection

ccscreen1.jpg

ccscreen2.jpg

ccscreen4-1.jpg

ccscreen5-1.jpg

ccscreen6-1.jpg

ccscreen8-1.jpg

ccscreen10-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Sir_Han Ricos

Many thanks for posting this. I always preferred to play as Nana since she seemed more usable against enemies with grapples.

Edit: Pressing the Home Key makes Nana invincible and moves her instantly to the position of your mouse.

chromo1418

Potential Patron
Someone who beat that frog? He is the boss of the second stage.
Is after Stage 2 another one or is there currently fin?

life-saver

Ryonani Teamster
the creator tends to make the boss monster unbeatable until there is something after... good luck beating it. ;)

Voramancer

Potential Patron
After beating the frog you just start over at the beginning of the first stage. Or at least that's what happened to me.

Umina

Ryonani Teamster
You can totally beat the frog monster. It's just ridiculously hard and I, personally, had to cheat a bit to do it. Whenever I got hurt, I used the home key, to do the teleport thing, but it also heals you. Because at like half health, the frog can make you insta-lose with his tongue grab, so keeping high health is required to actually beat him.

And yeah, after you beat him you just got back to level 1.

Seto Kaiba

Potential Patron
This boss was so easy, all you had to do to beat it was to stay at a distance, out of it's tongue's range and shoot it, that's the distance where it spits, when it does not spit run like hell because it's gonna jump on you; repeat this process and it will be easy for beginners, otherwise try to beat it at close range dodging all of the grabs(try with the robot too).

sickle

Potential Patron
A new version is out! It seems like a very intesting update.

Now, after defeating the boss frog, you are treated to a fun cutscene and to a very brief stub of level 3.
The real trat, though, is that finishing the stage now unlocks 2 more playable characters. The game can be re-started as one of them at the "stage select" screen, after the unlock, thus you can use them anywhere.

The 2 characters unlocked are Ryoko, the protagonist of the original Blank Blood and Blank Blood +, and a new (to my knowledge) character, a redhead called Yuki.

Ryoko plays similiar to the original games, with her slash combo. Her dash is MUCH more powerful than Nana's, she covers the whole screen. I haven't tested her classic control scheme, but you can attack using the mouse if it suits your fancy. I can't tell if she has more health than Nana. What I can tell is that using her makes the game quite a bit more difficult!
Yuki is... strange. She uses a shotgun, but her attack is very delayed due to a fancy animation. Most of her moves carry a lot of flair (hopping walk, spinning metroid-style jump...), I can't tell if it it's just my impression of it makes her slightly harder to control. Her attack being fairly weak and not as long-range as Nana, I don't find her to be stronger.

Both character get battle damage like Nana does (I especially like how Yuki's hair comes undone). While both have different moving/standing animations, it seems that the Ryona scenes all use Nana's animation.

While Del doesn't bring you to the boss frog anymore apparently, I observed some yet-unmentioned happenings related to the pgUp, pgDn and Home buttons. One of the buttons acts like Home, but brings your character to near-zero health, another button makes the screen flash white, further and further. One of the buttons (don't ask...) seems to have delepted the Frog's health to single digits, as I suddenly found myself one-shotting it after what feels an eternal session...

It's starting to shape up decently. I hope we get to see the snake monsters soon - used to be my favorite.

other-s

Potential Patron
Wow, there hasn't been a post in this thread for a while. Now now, don't worry. I wouldn't post anything here after 4 months just for a reply, now would I?
Anyway, there have been several updates for this game since the time span of 4 months. Assuming that stage 3-1 was where it left off, the game has progressed to stage 3-4. No boss yet, but it is highly likely that the creator will put one in by next month. Now onto the little details. In the four parts to stage 3, the types of enemies are machine types. It doesn't really mean much, but all of these enemies and hazards are very ryona styled. Ok, there are a lot of enemies to go over, so be prepared to read a wall of text. Now in no particular order:

First, there are these flying bomb enemies. Nothing special, they just blow you up and send you flying.
Next, there are hazards as well as enemies. The first one is a piano wire. Remember them? They are basically razor sharp and nearly invisible and will one hit kill you by dismembering your head, limb, or nothing, it'll just kill you. Try walking through these.
Next up, there are these robots that shoot a flamethrower. They'll burn you to a charred corpse and will continue to do so even after you're dead.
After that, there are these little robots that shoot this sticky projectile at you, just like the frog boss. That's it. They're just a minor inconvenience.
These next robots shoot pikes at you and will stick out of you for a while.
You'll notice that there are Gatling guns on the walls. Remember how we used to love these guys in Blankblood? These guys shoot an endless stream of bullets at you. I don't think you can destroy them, unfortunately.
There will be these saw enemies that will charge at you at some points.
Also, there will be those spikes that will come out of the ground at certain places, too so watch out.
The last two sections are kind of an industrial level. Lots of machines here.
There will be pools of molten... metal? Lava? I don't know, it still kills you in one hit either way.
There will be these crusher things in the last section. Unfortunately, it kills you like the frog boss's super jump kills you. No pancakes today.
Lastly, there will be this hallway that has gears in one part, but there is a claw in the hallway that will try to grab you and put you in the gears.

Ok, that's about it. What? You thought I was gonna put in the death scenes for all of the enemies? Why would I do that when you could just download the game and find out for yourself? Have Fun!

P.S. I don't want to be mean, but the last time I checked, Yuki had blonde hair...

EDIT: Actually, I messed up with one of those descriptions. The crusher hazard actually does crush you into a bloody pancake. My mistake. I'll make it up with free flapjacks for everyone!... wait.

EDIT EDIT: Alright, last one, hopefully. There are 4 different ways you can get crushed. One is like the frog boss's crush, the second is a full body crush, and the last two are half crushes. As in upper or lower body half. It solely depends on where you are standing and which way you are facing.

life-saver

Ryonani Teamster
anyway we can get a nude mod for this one? I saw an earlier version with it, but pics were hardcoded. now, in the new version, we can messa round with the clothes, but noo boobs.

other-s

Potential Patron
Hey, everyone. There's an update to this game, but there might be a problem with it. First things first, there are a few changes. The bosses finally have heath bars and anytime you play a level, it is timed. Probably just seeing how fast you can beat the level. Anyway, the problem I'm having is that I cannot seem to get past the last stage. Every time I get there, there is a platform that looks like I can go through it, but it won't let me. There isn't a sign that usually was in the other updates signifying the end of the level, so I'm assuming that there should be more. There are even files for the boss in the download, so I'm thinking we should see it. I've also tried everything to get past it too. I've replayed the whole game twice, re-downloaded the file, tried different characters, even killed every enemy in the last area. Nothing worked. If someone else gets this problem or, even better, doesn't get this problem, let me know, please.

EDIT: Ugh, I figure maybe translating the blog page would help, and it did. Not really good news though. It seems this update was just a bug fix. Perhaps the next update will include the boss stage. I mean the files for the boss are already in the download, so maybe there will be another update this month instead of the next.

other-s

Potential Patron
Wow, it's been a while since an update, eh? Well anyway, there is an update now. The boss for stage 3 is now accessible. It's a robot boss that you might have seen in Blankblood. It has a couple of attacks. It can grab you with its claw, try to drill you (literally), shoot missiles at you, or shoot its gatling gun at you. It can also hurt you with it's feet, but if you get hurt, that would be your own fault. Also, there are 3 different animations for each the claw and the drill. It depends on where you're standing. After you beat the boss, you'll go into this small area that is probably just a placeholder for stage 4. Well, til the next update.

fedefyr

Ryonani Teamster
I hope thoose facehugger/brainsucking things are brought back...i LOVED thoose in Blank Blood...

thesteedman

Ryonani Teamster
I hope they bring back the squeezing snake thing that could capture the girls, along with some new monsters if they could with similar squishing attacks. :)

Ravenlegend

Potential Patron
4-1 update is coming soon, I saw screen shots of The Grey Hand monster, The old charging monster, A clam/Crestation mob(The shell was closed but he said it was gonna open) And finally the Wasp mob, Last night he was 2/3 done so maybe tonight or tomorrow he will finish.

fedefyr

Ryonani Teamster
4-1 update is coming soon, I saw screen shots of The Grey Hand monster, The old charging monster, A clam/Crestation mob(The shell was closed but he said it was gonna open) And finally the Wasp mob, Last night he was 2/3 done so maybe tonight or tomorrow he will finish.
Where did you see the clam one? I've found the wasp picture on his twitter and that hand pounder thing...but where did you find the clam?

Ravenlegend

Potential Patron
He has this chat thing he posts pics on, unfortunately the pics he posted on there aren't available anymore and I didn't save them.

---------- Post added at 08:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 AM ----------

He updated oday, It's now hard as crap, the Green tube guys move a lot faster and the new stage is crazy. Hes still gotta add some things to the wasp and some other mob.

thesteedman

Ryonani Teamster
I can't even get past the danged robot boss of stage three. How do you damage it? All I can do is get its feet smoking :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.