Could use a little help (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter nickseitle
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
N

nickseitle

Hi everyone, I've been on the site awhile and could use your help with Japanese RPG makers. I read all posts and for the life of me cannot figure out what program is needed to play japanese RPGS. I have changed the language settings to Japanese and even downloaded the RTP for XP (my operating system) but no dice. Here is the link of the game i'm trying to play. When I put it on the decktop and tried loading it normal (like any other Ryoani game) it just crashed. It probably needs to be run with an RPG software. If you can/could help with further instruction I would be much appreciative. Thanks everyone!

Nick

URL:http://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ086550.html

"Guide" I used.... No dice: RPG Maker RTP and basic Q&A.

Thanks again!

Trigon

Casual Client
I have changed the language settings to Japanese and even downloaded the RTP for XP (my operating system) but no dice.

This is an easy mistake to make. Just because the RTP is called RPGツクールXP doesn't mean you must install that particular RTP if your computer runs Windows XP. Each RPG maker game uses a different RTP. When you go the the DLSite page, it usually tells you in the Description which RPG maker is needed to run the game (and usually has a link to it). For example, the game you are trying to play apparently uses RPGツクールVX.

View attachment 52342

Another way to tell is if you have the game or the demo, open up the Game.ini file. Often, that file will contain the RTP and/or the Library. Make sure these match one of the RTPs that you have installed.

game_ini.png

It should come as no surprise that newer games often require newer versions of the RPG maker RTP. Most games these days use VX or VXAce.

You could always just keep installing RTPs until one works. You can have more than one installed at a time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.