1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

confirmation e-mail

Discussion in 'Guest Room' started by sir, Apr 10, 2016.

1. sir

sir Potential Patron

Appologies for beeing the next whos crying about not receiving a confirmation E-Mail, but what else can one do?!?

1st had a *@gmx mail, then read about issues, then whitelisted noreply@undertow.club... still nothing.
    2nd added a 2nd mail *@freenet, then reordered confirmation mail... nothing...
    3rd whitelisted *@undertow.Club, reordered confirmation mail ,... nothing...
    4th added alternate way to confirm via authy on phone , got token, typed it in .... u guess what... nothing :(
    5th thinking about to cancel all that...

What can one do ? Want my address so you guys can write a letter? I hope not!

Please help. t'was never so complicated to get access to a Forum.
    Is this truely the way you moderators want it to be?

Thanks for help in advance.

2. stuntcock

stuntcock Club Regular Staff Member Moderator

Since you didn't explicitly mention it, I'll emphasize this point: check your junk mail folder.

Post in the Registration Issues thread (with the recommended information) because it's being watched by the administrators and it's more likely to attract attention.

I didn't know that we even offered phone-based authentication, so I can't help you there. If you're referring to Two-Step Verification then that's a separate feature; it's not related to your confirmation trouble.

Yes, this is the way that we want it to be. It means that I can spend my time on Undertow helping people, instead of deleting spam messages and banning adbots.

3. sir

sir Potential Patron

Oh yes, thank you for your answer.

1st. I forgot to mention is, but yes, i checked my junk mail folder several time with no mail in it , at least no one from you.
    2nd I was meaning the two step verification, apologies again , i missunderstood the feature and now when i tried to reply to your post i see what it is good for ;)
    3rd dont take it personal when I was asking, if the reason for the difficulty with confirmation mails was ment to be this way. I am glad that such a community like yours is doing forum work and is helping people like me. And i know that all of this is nonprofit. My special thanks for this.
    4th would you, as a moderator be so kind and push this post into the right sub-forum? I did not found an extra Registration issues forum.
    5th and hopefully last, please help me getting registered. Since i am only "Potential Patron" i can not download files.

thanks in advance

4. stuntcock

stuntcock Club Regular Staff Member Moderator

→ → Registration Issues ← ←

You'll need to make a post there on your own for several reasons:
    1. The thread requires specific information, some of hasn't provided in your posts above.
    2. The first post of the thread contains FAQ information (which you should read before proceeding) and troubleshooting suggestions (which may resolve or bypass your problem).
    3. Administrators are notified when a new posts is made in a watched thread, but such notification does not occur when posts are simply moved around.
      • We want administrators to be notified, so that they can look into your mailhost(s) and determine whether specific policy changes are needed (or whether undertow.club is being blacklisted by certain SMTP nodes).
    4. I don't have the ability to move posts in this forum anyways. My jurisdiction is limited to the SDT subforum.

5. sir

sir Potential Patron

Thanks, will do as you advised.