1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

clothes for chubby body mod

Discussion in 'Invalid Requests' started by hammy, Sep 12, 2015.

1. hammy

hammy Vivacious Visitor

You guys know that chubby body mod, right? Does anyone want to make some clothes for it?
    perhaps:
    a version of the vanilla t-shirt
    vanilla tank top
    vanilla shirt
    plus cleavage versions of each
    Anyone up for this? would really make my day if someone volunteered to work on these mods. Thanks :)

2. stuntcock

stuntcock Club Regular Staff Member Moderator

You're asking someone to put a lot of work into creating a mod for you ... the least that you could do is to put some effort into your posts. I realize that "chubby clothes" seems like a straightforward pitch, but there's room for interpretation -- which could lead to faulty assumptions or wasted time.

There are at least two chubby SWF files on the SDTMods forum. You haven't included any links (which is inconvenient for your readers) and you haven't specified which one you want (which means that a modder might work on the wrong version).

In fact, both of the SWFs exhibit minor layering errors in Loader 5.45. The modder might need to tweak and republish the chubby-body mod in order for the new clothes to look correct.

Dante has created a cleavage version of the T-Shirt. Huitznahua has created a cleavage version of the Tank Top.

I don't know where to find a cleavage version of the dress shirt. It can't just be retraced to match Dante and Huit's work, because the nature of the garment would demand artistic changes when switching it to open-necked (a different shape for the collar; visible buttons near the clavicle; loose/folded fabric at the shoulders; etc).

You haven't told us how the clothes are supposed to fit. Many of the vanilla shirts fit loosely at the front, to emphasize the slimness of the abdomen. They use a curved hemline to suggest z-level details: wide hips below a narrow waist (neither of which can be properly shown in side view).

Are the chubby clothes supposed to be upsized versions of the original clothes? Or are they supposed to be the original clothes, rearranged (and/or visibly stretched) to fit the larger frame? The latter approach would call for the modder to tighten some loose elements of the shirt, rotate the shirttails slightly (to make room for the larger buttocks), and straighten the hemline. In the extreme case (e.g. pregnant belly mod), we could even imagine the front of the shirt being rolled upwards towards the sternum -- because it couldn't stretch far enough to cover the entire belly.

Essentially: are you looking for comfortable plus-sized clothes (to downplay the chubbiness and add dignity to the character) or tight/stretched normal clothes (to emphasize the chubbiness and make the character seem embarassed or vulnerable)?

You can avoid this sort of Q&A - and save everyone some time - if you would simply post Reference images when you ask for something.

3. hammy

hammy Vivacious Visitor

bit of a TL, DR post there stunt, but I can't really come up with a way to put my request into a picture. I will try to describe it as verbosely as possible.
    Basically, the vanilla T-shirt redrawn to cover the chubby body mod that you posted (chubby.swf, its all im interested in). Preferrably hue shiftable. I think that the options regarding the fit of the clothes are up to the modder who decides to take this on, perhaps making two versions to see which one works better. I would rather have the looser fit first though. I hope that narrows things down a bit
    edit: I only want (initially) the volunteer to work on versions of the default T-shirt and tank top, plus cleavage versions of both if possible. The vanilla dress shirt seems to be a bit of a challenge. All i really want is for clothes to cover the body while using the chubby.swf mod.

4. stuntcock

You're going to criticize me for excessive length? Half of my post was basic information and links -- I was trying to make the thread useful for newcomers who might not know where to find the body-mods in question.

I was also trying to identify some technical issues in the body mods (such as the layering flaws, or new issue: the lack of support for skin tones and tanlines). Such issues can remain unresolved for years, and yet they're fairly easy to fix, so it's worthwhile to revisit them whenever a related modding project is on the agenda.

• there are two files
    • they're both named "chubby.swf"
    • they're not identical. Gollum's version includes thicker arms; there are minor differences on the torso and thighs.
    • if you don't express a preference, then the modded clothes might not fit onto your preferred body

Are we talking about moreClothing's +reghue feature? Or internal RGBFill elements? I had assumed the latter, but your phrasing suggests the former.

This is a cop-out.

The modder who takes on this project might not actually be into chubby girls. He might not intuitively understand how to design the garment so that it looks sexy, or comfortable, or whatever. It's easy enough to simply extend and stretch a pair of pants to cover a larger body. But BBW fans might expect the pants to fit imperfectly -- they might want a slightly tight waist, so that the adjacent belly shows a "muffintop" effect.

That's a scary proposition for a modder: "just create a few different versions, then I'll provide some feedback and we'll make revisions until it's perfect." This is the sort of workflow which is irritating even when you have a paying client. For a volunteer task, it's absurd.

Figure out what you want. Explain it as clearly as you can. Provide reference images. Don't ask for redundant work.

5. hammy

hammy Vivacious Visitor

Sorry, I am pretty new to the forums and it's hard for me to describe what i am asking for in words. Regarding hue shift i mean RGBfill, yes. the body mod I am referring to is Rufferto's mod. Let me narrow down the clothing part of the mod: I don't want a "muffin top" fit (not yet at least), just the regular t-shirt stretched to cover the part of the belly that sticks out if one were to load the vanilla tshirt onto the chubby body mod. I won't request any additional mods until we make sure that the vanilla tshirt works out. It should look like the vanilla tshirt but larger in the x-coordinate under the breasts in order to cover the entire waist.
    EDIT: Also alternatively or additionally I also think it's worthwhile to revisit rufferto's chubby.swf and give alternate skin tone support/ tanlines. I don't know how easy that would be to perform but if someone wants to do it, I'd be very happy.
    EDIT #2: nvm found it-let's start with Rufferto's mod first
    EDIT #3: Gollum's mod doesn't load properly with the newest edition of the Loader, while Rufferto's does.

6. stuntcock

[​IMG]

If we expand the x-axis only, then the shirt ends up looking proportionally shorter. With very large breasts it's essentially a crop top.

I'm not doing any work on the bodymods until I get a clear explanation of why one version is superior to the other (aside from Loader-version compatibility stuff, because that's easily fixed). I'm definitely not doing this work twice.

7. hammy

hammy Vivacious Visitor

Actually your work right there is (to me at least) quite adequate- does anybody really use breast sizes that big anyways? Jokes aside theres a major glitch with Gollum's mod in Loader 5.45. Rufferto's mod actually works. Pic related is what happens when you load up Gollum's chubby.swf. I see you already have been working with Rufferto's mod, which has the added bonus of puffy nipples which complete the effect, and IIRC there already exist different puffy nipples for each of the 4 skin tones (forget who made them). So I think Rufferto's mod is the only one in the running.

Attached Files:

• chubs
      File size:
      161.1 KB
      Views:
  8. sby

sby Club Regular Content Creator

seen that issue several times on the forums, i think it was popping up even before i got here xD

solution has something to do with some thigh offset setting the loader (used to?) have.
    not actually sure if i have seen that setting still around in the latter versions. anyway, check the loader settings.

looking around the forum for thigh offset might also bring you to various related topics

9. stuntcock

stuntcock: there are two chubby mods; which one should we use?
    hammy: the chubby one

stuntcock: please describe how the clothes should fit onto the chubby body
    hammy: they should fit the chubby body

stuntcock: please clarify the project scope so that we don't waste time on redundant work
    hammy: let's just do some simple stuff to start with, and then worry about the rest of it later on

stuntcock: please explain why one bodymod is better, aside from technical compatibility stuff
    hammy: one of the mods has compatibility problems so the other one wins by default

I've repeatedly tried to get your input on this project, but you've repeatedly ignored or rebuffed me. My patience is exhausted. You can find someone else to handle the remaining tasks.

Imagine how you would feel if I said "I don't think I need to provide a download link." Please remember that the rules exist for a reason - they define a simple workflow through which we can communicate and cooperate. When you disregard the rules (such as the Reference Image requirement), things tend to break down.

Mod Files
    SDT-chubby-tShirt.mod (requires Loader 5.42+; resolves a minor bug involving blackout of the breast-costume RGB layers during breast slider manipulation)

SDT-chubby-tShirt.swf (vanilla-compatible; if you encounter the aforementioned blackout bug then just adjust the Top.RGB1 slider - SDT will "refresh" the RGB settings and the breasts will acquire the correct color)

Source File
    SDT-chubby-tShirt.fla (front outline on CHEST layer is missing/incomplete; left shoulder is missing/incomplete; breast-costume gradient fills were redrawn because I failed to extract the originals from SDT.swf)

10. hammy

hammy Vivacious Visitor

Isn't there a thigh patch that fixes it?

11. hammy

hammy Vivacious Visitor

I showed you why Gollum's mod didn't work, and I hinted that I liked the aesthetic value of Rufferto's mod better due to the puffy nipples. You asked me to choose between two mods and I picked one. I'm sorry for not following the rules, I don't really know how to show you what I want the mod to look like without actually just making it myself (which I can't do at the moment). I think you are being a bit impatient, I told you that I liked the way that the shirt fit onto the body already. What kind of reference pictures do you need? Photos of real life people/anime? Or in-game SDT screenshots? Please tell me what it would take for me to give you satisfying instructions.

12. sby

sby Club Regular Content Creator

in the loader settings file, add these 2 settings:
    thighX=0
    thighY=0

or, here is a loader character folder you can dump in your mods folder. make sure to run the modsfolder.jar to update your charcterfolders.txt
    https://app.box.com/s/hnz417ka6pnacihe7sudax8o5zua78x0

it just has the mod with a charcater folder loader 'Settings' with those 2 entries

this works because modguy made a thigh patch for the loader, but he phased out the settings (or they got lost)
    the feature still seems to worth though.

13. hammy

hammy Vivacious Visitor

under which line do i paste those settings? its in the settings.txt file right?

14. hammy

hammy Vivacious Visitor