Closed - Quick poll about dialogues. Please participate. (1 Viewer)

What is an appropriate number of finishes

• 3-4

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • 5-6

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • 7-8

• 9-10

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • 11-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 13-14

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • 15+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DigitalSmutExports

Content Creator
Hi SDT players,

I'm getting pretty close to finishing part 1 of a dialogue bundle project that has been in the works for a while and would like your input before release.

GmSh9Vv.jpg

jhFLZO7.jpg

The dialogue has a beginning, middle and end and the mechanism to get you towards the end is basically the number of finishes. What's an appropriate number of finishes before the end -?- in a dialogue bundle that:
- Has scripted sequences of a couple of minutes with audio'n'stuff in the beginning and the end.
- Has two possible endings
- Has some "production values" like several customized positions, backgrounds, sound effects etc.

Thanks for participating!
DSE

Last edited:

edgelord 3000

Content Creator
Hard to tell. Sometimes I want to skip everything plot-related and get to the good parts, other times I want to take my time and enjoy/edge. If possible, can you make it customizable?

DigitalSmutExports

Content Creator
Wouldn't really be a problem to add a version where you just skip the prologue. Making it an in-game interactive decision out of it is not going to happen but an alternate version, sure.

Still haven't answered my question ;-)

The Hacker Known As Snow

Admin
Content Creator
Wouldn't really be a problem to add a version where you just skip the prologue. Making it an in-game interactive decision out of it is not going to happen but an alternate version, sure.
If you want it to be re-playable you need to let the user skip the prologue, why not make a DA button?

Since the poll is so split so far I'd say make the number of finishes for each section customizable as easily as possible

DigitalSmutExports

Content Creator
Thanks for the input!

I won't make the length of it customizable per se. It's more code and SDT suffers from enough performance issues as it is (plus I'm so close to the finish line that adding extra code I don't know to the first release is.....unappealing).

Seems that a lot of people like choice though, so I think I'll include three alternative versions - one full length w/o the intro, one short version with the intro but fewer finishes, and one with no intro and fewer finishes. That's easy enough.

As far as replayability there's a plan. Won't be in first release, but I have something in mind.

DigitalSmutExports

Content Creator
Thanks to everyone who participated!

If we count 15+ as 15 the average was 8,3. Might be good to know for any other aspiring dialogue writers.

The dialogue is now on the Resource Manager!

A version w/o intro made the first release. Version with more/less finishes did not.

Thanks again!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.