Character Code help (1 Viewer)

regick

Potential Patron
Ok, so im wondering how to create a character code.Ive read a lot of different tutorials and searched everything possible, but cant figure it out. I know I can create my character in the loader, then hit Generate and that gives me a code, but the code isn't accurate to what my character looks like. I saw a topic where someone asked about creating a character and the info goes into the Mods folder and has different files, like hair.png, bg.png, Code.txt, etc. but the guy who started the topic figured it out, but didn't explain how. So if anyone can help me out, id appreciate it. What im really wanting is the Code.txt that has all the data of the character.

Zalord

Content Creator
Have you looked at the Saving Guide in the Guide folder? It lays out what each file in a character folder is for.

Within each folder, we store files to be loaded with a character.
The following files are loaded:

Hair.png Hair File.
BG.png Background.
Code.txt Character Code.
Dialogue.txt Dialogue Script.
Char.swf A SWF mod.
Mod.swf A SWF mod.
Recording.txt Custom mouse movement recording (Generated by Recorder.swf).
Mods.txt A list of swf mods.
Thumb.png The thumbnail to display when hovering over a character.
HueData.txt Stores data for hue shifts on loader mods.
Settings.txt A per-character version of the global Settings.txt

Mods.txt follows this format:

FILE_NAME.SWF
SOME_OTHER_FILE.MOD
A_random_name.lol

Where each line is a new file, SWF or otherwise.

And what do you mean by the character code not being accurate to what your character looks like? Do you mean that some mods aren't being loaded?

Not everything that changes what the character looks like gets put into the generated code. Many mods don't even show up when you generate it. It's good practice to load your Mods using the Mods.txt file.

americanole

Potential Patron
regick said:
Ok, so im wondering how to create a character code.Ive read a lot of different tutorials and searched everything possible, but cant figure it out. I know I can create my character in the loader, then hit Generate and that gives me a code, but the code isn't accurate to what my character looks like. I saw a topic where someone asked about creating a character and the info goes into the Mods folder and has different files, like hair.png, bg.png, Code.txt, etc. but the guy who started the topic figured it out, but didn't explain how. So if anyone can help me out, id appreciate it. What im really wanting is the Code.txt that has all the data of the character.

Well, the code itself is generated by using Generate button in Loader's third tab and copied from there into text file. The reason it might not look same way your character did is because you used some other files not present in your loader, so obviously, they can't be saved in just the text row. What you need to do then is either use moreclothing mod, which lets you put all the things you would usually load manually into menus already present in the game, then code gerenated would surely reflect your character, that code, however, couldn't be shared.

If you're looking to share your character, the other option is to save your character as a folder, to do that, gather all the files you want to use. Save them as follows:
Code.txt - the code you got by pressing generate
Hair.png - the hair you're using (if it's an image)
BG.png - background (if it's an image)
Mods.txt - a textfile of mods such as the one found in initial mods folder, fill it same way with each mod you're using. For example -
DynamicHair.swf
Jacket.swf
AnimatedBG.swf
blablablawings.swf

(Everything is not required, you could make a folder with just Hair.png in it.)

Name the folder anything you like and write that name into CharacterFolders.txt

regick

Potential Patron
I did look at the Saving Guide, I did the generate also. But when I generated the code, and then used it after, the eyes were different color and just basic things were wrong that have nothing to do with mods. I have, however, figured it out. It mustve been an issue with the last Loader, I just updated and it works fine. I got the full code. Still not getting a folder with all the stuff like Hair.png, BG.png, Mods.txt, etc. But I can settle with having just the code.txt for now. Thanks.

Zalord

Content Creator
Generating the code doesn't create a folder for you. You have to create that yourself. Older loader versions came with a tool that helped you create them, but I don't think it works with the current Loader setup.

regick

Potential Patron
Ok. See I thought if you saved it, it was supposed to create a folder with everything in it. Guess I got it wrong. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.