Char code - 2 pieces of clothing of the same type (1 Viewer)

unfairhobbit

Potential Patron
I've heard quite a while ago (might of imagined it), that it was possible in the CharCode to have two pieces of clothing(E.g. top), and have them overlap each other, or atop each other depending on the clothing piece. Could someone tell me if this is possible? if so can I have a quick demonstration with a mock up please?
many thanks in advance.

stuntcock

Content Creator
CharCode to have two pieces of clothing(E.g. top), and have them overlap each other
Not by default -- which means that you can't do it in the vanilla game. It can be done in the Loader via a few techniques:
  • moreClothing
    • Install the moreClothing mod (or download sby's Loader Pack)
    • Place the SWF files for your custom shirts into the moreclothingmods folder, and then register them in the moreclothingV6settings.txt file
    • Register each of the shirts again using an alternate category which you rarely use (such as tongue piercing).
    • Write (or generate) a charCode which assigns one shirt in the usual category (Tops:FirstShirt) and another in the alternate category (TonguePiercing:SecondShirt).
    • Loading this charCode will place both shirts onto the girl, overlapping where necessary
  • Character Folder
    • Read the Newbie Guide to learn about Character Folders
    • Setup a new Character Folder
    • Put the SWF files for your two shirts inside the new folder
    • List both filenames in the Mods.txt file inside your Character Folder. Put them in order: the first filename will be underneath, while the second filename will be worn on top.
    • When this character is activated in-game, SDT will attempt to load both shirts in sequence. If the second shirt was flagged with overwrite=true then it will replace the first shirt ... but modders usually don't do that, so hopefully you'll see both shirts.
    • Note: this approach doesn't actually use a charcode, but Character Folders can be activated at any time (in the same way as a Saved character)

moreclothingV6settings.txt
Code:
(regular stuff goes here, but we'll ignore it and skip to the end of the file -- to add a few NEW lines)
; First, we'll register each of our SWF files as a SHIRT
Cleavage_Shirt.swf=Cleavage Shirt:CostumeTop
; Next, we'll register each of our SWF files as SOMETHING ELSE.  I'll use tongue piercing for this example.
Cleavage_Shirt.swf=Cleavage Shirt2:CostumeTop>CostumeTonguePiercing

charCode
Code:
charName:TwoShirtGirl;tops:croppedtank,255,255,255,1,0,0,255,1;tonguePiercing:cleavageshirt2;

Screenshot
W9aIdte.jpg

unfairhobbit

Potential Patron
  • Register each of the shirts again using an alternate category which you rarely use (such as tongue piercing).
  • Write (or generate) a charCode which assigns one shirt in the usual category (Tops:FirstShirt) and another in the alternate category (TonguePiercing:SecondShirt).
  • Loading this charCode will place both shirts onto the girl, overlapping where necessary

Wow, that's an intuitive way of having multiple clothing items. That has answered so many of my problems/issues. Thank you very much!

sby

Content Creator
Coder
tried to reply to this yesterday, but undertow went offline xD

if you want flexibility of mixing and matching with moreclothing, you can put clothing items on the togglable body menus moreclothing creates. or, you can register the 2 mods you want to combine on the same menu entry like:

Cleavage_Shirt.swf=Combo Shirt:CostumeTop
CleavageTopTank.swf=Combo Shirt:CostumeTop

ordering does matter to determine what goes above the other. i believe last loaded is on top.

aztlan

Casual Client
Fascinating. This opens up some really cool options to play around with...

If you have the inclination it might be handy to note this in the documentation to future editions to MoreClothing so it doesn't get lost down the rat hole of time.

unfairhobbit

Potential Patron
Might be worth mentioning:
I started to wonder whether I could use different RGB's for the two pieces of clothing. Before you could have
Code said:
Cleavage_Shirt.swf=Cleavage Shirt:CostumeTop
Cleavage_Shirt.swf=Cleavage Shirt2:CostumeTop>CostumeTonguePiercing
However the Colour of the Cleavage shirt2 will still be a part of the top's colour regardless of where you select the clothing from.
Using moreclothing, I added the reghue option to the end
Code said:
Cleavage_Shirt.swf=Cleavage Shirt2:CostumeTop+reghue>CostumeTonguePiercing
I am now able to change the colour of the Tops independently using the loader. Yay for mods and Mods.

Also if someone can tell me how to do the Code sections of posts that would be quite handy

sby

Content Creator
Coder
Fascinating. This opens up some really cool options to play around with...

If you have the inclination it might be handy to note this in the documentation to future editions to MoreClothing so it doesn't get lost down the rat hole of time.
i do have this note at the top of the moreclothing settings file:
;Mods with the same menu name on the same menu will be placed together (not supported for legwear menu)
although i don't give an example next to it

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.