1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Changing dialogue font results in text being clipped

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Spinner, May 29, 2015.

1. Spinner

Spinner Potential Patron

NB: I previously posted this issue in help (on the chance the issue had a solution). No replies there, so am posting as a bug for others to be aware of.

If you change the dialogue font (using font:"fontame") all text beyond the first line is clipped (i.e. not displayed).
    The text does not auto-wrap and inserting %0A results in everything after the %0A being clipped.... :'(

Notes on my testing:
    • This is not an issue with the dialog. I ran a cut-down test with and without the font: line.
      dialogue_name:"Test"
      font:"Arial"
      cum_on_face:"aaaaa %0A aaaaa "{"style":"Him"}
    • The problem only occurs when the font: line is used.
    • It is also not an issue with my system fonts... the font is indeed changing to the specified font.
    • The problem happens in both SDT vanilla (SDT_1_21_1b.swf) and in the Loader (5.45).
    • I am running Flash player stand-alone (flashplayer_11_sa.exe)
    • I tried various fonts (Arial, Comic San PS, et al). All have the same issue.
    I spent some time searching the subject here... and have not found the issue discussed. (Which seems a little surprising). ???

I thought I saw something related to "supported fonts" when I first looked into dialogues on this site (but cannot find it now and suspect it is just my bad memory)... :-\

2. Macnagum

Macnagum Vivacious Visitor

I also have a bug if I changes the font, but different : the text is not displayed from the %0A, but other lines dialogs that do not contain %0A are read without problems. By against the game will display the characters as cyrillic ББББББББ that served to a waiting time with the default font, and that even by loading another dialogue. You need to empty your browser cache / flash drive to return to normal.

What is strange is the carriage return - %OA - works with the font by default of the game, and other hexa value of ASCII character are well read even changing of font. Perhaps there are bug prevention script have been added to the normal reading of the texts, but are no longer present when the default font is changed.