1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Change in registration policies 09/15/2016

Discussion in 'Club Announcements' started by detritus, Sep 16, 2016.

1. detritus

detritus angry angry Staff Member Administrator

Nov 23, 2009
    I'm disabling the e-mail verification check for registration as of today. E-mail verification has been a staple in spam prevention for many, many years, but with the number of disposable e-mail services available these days and the constant issues with message routing between service providers, I think it's time to find a different solution.

I will be implementing more aggressive, behind-the-scene checks against spammer databases during registration for the time being. If spam and bot registration becomes a noticeable problem in the following week, I may roll this change back.

I will also be making changes to the e-mail server during this time. Notification e-mails for private messages and subscriptions may not be sent out. If you notice this behavior for more than 24 hours, please reply to this thread and let me know.
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2016
    Idoro likes this.
  2. fleet

fleet Club Regular Staff Member Moderator

Apr 16, 2012
    I ask our current members to use the Report function to report any spammers or bots.
    Please do NOT post any responses to the spam or bot posts.
    Very respectfully,
    fleet (global moderator)
    Idoro likes this.