cant get dialogue working (1 Viewer)

camibear

Potential Patron
so i keep trying to load custom dialogues from the huge archive and none of them change anything. dialogue is enabled in settings and i see the vanilla dialogue and when i try to load a custom one it just stays the same.

AaRL

Vivacious Visitor
DEFAULT:
all:"CLEAR"
CUSTOM:

^^That must be in the dialogue^^ The CLEAR command "unloads' the previous in game dialogue for the one you just loaded. The CUSTOM command means you are using a dialogue other than the Kona built in default ones. Though I have some ?s... What dialogue are you trying to use in game? What is this huge archive or dialogues you speak of?

f93

Casual Client
AaRL said:
What is this huge archive or dialogues you speak of?
I assume he meant the Archive, which would mean audio dialogues. Those are all SWFs, so they need to be loaded as SWF mods instead of dialogues. Trying to load them as dialogues wouldn't change the default dialogue at all, so that sounds like it could be what's happening.

camibear

Potential Patron
ok so they are all txt files and where do i type the clear command exactly? it wont let me type at all under custom dialogue. sorry im kind of new to all this

f93

Casual Client
So if they are definitely text files, which ones are they? The only ones in the archive are SWFs, so I'm wondering if you're trying to load the character codes from the archive via the custom dialogue box (which will do absolutely nothing because they'd be the wrong format).

Anyway, if you've got dialogues from the Dialogue subforum it should just be a matter of clicking Load under Custom Dialogue, navigating to the file you downloaded and selecting it.

AaRL

Vivacious Visitor
camibear said:
ok so they are all txt files and where do i type the clear command exactly? it wont let me type at all under custom dialogue. sorry im kind of new to all this

You can open the dialogue outside of SDT in Notepad. Make sure what typed in the 2nd post in this thread is located in that dialogue you are trying to use, some where. Also, from Notepad, you can see what is in the entire dialogue. There could also be a number of things wrong with the dialogue that wont allow it to play properly. I wont get into that yet...

Like f93 said... and I... It would help GREATLY if we knew the exact dialogue you are trying to use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.