Can she talk as the game starts? (1 Viewer)

MalCharacter

Potential Patron
Hi, I'm new to the forum, and trying to write my first dialogue. So far, really fun, but I have a question:

Can I make the girl say something as soon as the game starts? I tried with the "intro" type, but it doesn't work. You have to wait some time for it to activate, so it loses the effect I'm going for.

Thanks!

tmb

Casual Client
You are right, INTRO lines take some time to trigger and can also be triggered more than once.

Maybe Pim_gd's DialogueAction (Pim_gd's Mods - DialogueActions v4.01 (7 Aug 2015) | Undertow) can help you: it has a START trigger that is activated only once at the beginning of the game. It is another mod that you will have to load with your character and your dialogue.
Keep in mind that it still takes a few seconds to trigger but is much faster than INTRO.

Also, if I remember correctly, that START line has to be unique and cannot have much conditions, so the following won't work:
Code:
start:"This is a test, starting held"{"held":"true"}
start:"This is a test, starting non held"{"held":"false"}

while the following should:
Code:
start:"[customstart]"
customstart:"This is a test, starting held"{"held":"true"}
customstart:"This is a test, starting non held"{"held":"false"}

Since you are new, I recommend using Pim_gd's DialogueChecker (DialogueChecker (Latest version: V3.02, 8 August 2015) | Undertow) to check your dialogue for potential problems; it has an online and an offline version, and also taking a peek at the various dialogue guides if you haven't done already (for example Pim_gd's Advanced Dialogue Guide (v1.01 - updated 10 December 2013) | Undertow or The Comprehensive Dialogue Guide | Undertow).

Last edited by a moderator:

MalCharacter

Potential Patron
Thanks!

I was using EO's guide, as I hadn't seen the other one. I'll check it out now, too.

DialogActions seems like a step up, so I guess I'll work with the basic commands for a while. But thanks for all the links!

aztlan

Casual Client
DialogueActions is really handy when writing dialogues as it gives you lots more options. Well worth your time investigating.

MalCharacter

Potential Patron
Yes, I know! I'm already screwing around with it.

It took me a while to get it working, that's why I said it's a "step up". I'm not very tech savvy, so I'm kinda slow with this stuff.

AngellisaTitans

Potential Patron
Is there not a thread that provides the download to dialogue action because everytime I use that url it takes me to the homepage at this site

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.