Can´t load a particular pant through MoreClothing... (1 Viewer)

Max Power

Potential Patron
I know how MoreClothing works, and I´m always able to force the game to load new clothes I download here... but I found here 3 pyjama pants that I just can´t get to load that way for some reason.

I write their file names on the appropiate settings txt file from MoreClothing, paste the swf file itself in the correct folder (inside the mods-INIT-moreclothing folder) and they just can´t be loaded. I can only do it manually inside the game, but it´s a pain in the ass to remove and I can´t quick change through the normal Vanilla menu either.

I have even tried assigning the pants to all the posible kind of mod it can be (as bra, legwear, legwearB, bottom...) What am I missing here? Thank you in advance to whoever helps. Cheers!

aztlan

Casual Client
Some old clothing mods are not compatible with moreclothing. Do you get a red note when moreclothjing initializes with that item in it's .txt file when you first start up the game? (I believe this might also stop other times further down the .txt file from loading too.) If so, the way the mod was made (which templates it uses as I understand it.) is not compatible with moreclothing.

sby (or someone else?) was nice enough to fix one of these for me and make it compatible - the PantiesAroundOneLeg IIRC.

sby

Content Creator
Coder
the loader created clothing that uses faceless's template does not work with moreclothing. that template places clothing in manually.

the easiest way to see if the pajamas can be loaded is by using the un-specified entry style:
pajamas.swf=pajamas

so just in case for some reason it is a body mod, it will get added and you shouldn't see any red text

Max Power

Potential Patron
Thanks for the quick help people! It does indeed show a red text when the game attempts loading it. Will try that entry in the settings file, but I´m afraid I´ll have to use that mod manually. Shame because that MoreClothing thing is awesome! Cheers.

aztlan

Casual Client
If you mention the specific mod (and source) you want and ask nicely, someone might make it compatible with moreclothing.

Max Power

Potential Patron
http://www.sdtmods.com/index.php?topic=5793.0

This is the source, it´s in "bottoms". I tried all 3 types to see if any of them was compatible but no luck :'(

So if someone can do that for these pants, I would really appreciate it! I checked if creator was still active but he´s been offline for couple of months so no much hope really...

aztlan

Casual Client
No issues for me in moreclothingv4. I tried the loose ones:

Pyjama Pants loose.swf=Pyjama Pants loose:CostumeBottoms

Note, that there are some combinations of mods (or load orders) which will cause some clothing to fail to load in moreclohing. My current order is:

Default/FinishesCounter.swf
Default/VigourCounter.swf
Default/PleasureCounter.swf
Default/BreathCounter.swf
Default/HeldBreathCounter.swf
Default/CumInMouthCounter.swf
Default/TemplateExtensionV4_sby.swf
autoclosemouthV3.swf
allalphaslidersV4.swf
deepthroatactionsV3.swf
dialogpatchV1.swf
eyebrowcontrolV1.swf
femalemasterbateV1.swf
ffbehaviorV3.swf
hairlayerpatchV1.swf
autohueregV2.swf
His_Head_-_Light.swf
penisrangeV4.swf
animtoolsV13.swf
throatcumbulgeV2.swf
strandLimitV3.swf
throatResistStretchV1.swf
vanillaarmpatchV2.swf
moreclothingV4.swf
SDTDialogueActionsv3.02.swf

In particular, I noticed there are some clothing that have an issue with DA if it is before more clothing,

Max Power

Potential Patron
Hmmm... Will try to leave MoreClothing as the only mod in Init and then try... amazing how complex this game is sometimes.

PS: Just wrote the mods I have on Init in exactly the same order tan you, and guess what, it all started working! Autoclosemouth loaded on start (which it didn´t do before), and the clothing that failed to load doesn´t fail anymore. Thanks a lot mate, kudos to you.

Sby loader pack had them in a different order... maybe now we know it causes issues he might want to have a look at that to make his compilation EVEN better?

sby

Content Creator
Coder
Max Power said:
Hmmm... Will try to leave MoreClothing as the only mod in Init and then try... amazing how complex this game is sometimes.

PS: Just wrote the mods I have on Init in exactly the same order tan you, and guess what, it all started working! Autoclosemouth loaded on start (which it didn´t do before), and the clothing that failed to load doesn´t fail anymore. Thanks a lot mate, kudos to you.

Sby loader pack had them in a different order... maybe now we know it causes issues he might want to have a look at that to make his compilation EVEN better?
most mods are not that picky about load order.
the order i chose for the pack is based on: load patches first, load simple things, then put moreclothing on the end so the others don't have a chance to interfere.

moreclothing is picky because it loads a bunch of other mods, and its name usage on the menus (and what things it decides to keep around) is based on what it loads. if you have other clothing loading while moreclothing is loading, things are gonna get intermangled. luckily, dialog actions does not seem to load clothing, so it skims by.

i have no clue why DA would prevent the clothing from loading, but i can take a guess:
DA seems to have a couple second 'loading lag' when it starts up. if this loading lag happens during moreclothing loading, moreclothing will think that the mod it attempted to load failed (or the modtypes you specified were never found in the mod). if this is indeed the issue, changing this moreclothing setting may fix it:
+errorwaitingtime=150
other than that, no clue :o

Max Power

Potential Patron
Ah crap, into trouble again with this. I can include most mods just fine but some of them I fail misserably.

So, I got a cottontail.swf mod from Dante, included it the Moreclothing folder, added it in txt file settings as a "body" mod, and the error "cottontail needs body" pops up. Also a White text saying "unused:costume bottoms" pops up. I tried to include it as costume bottoms and it fails too.

Same pattern with other mods, one red error text saying "X mod needs Y costume type" (which I already assigned them as), and a white text saying "unused: Z (different) costume type".

Are these not compatible or am I messing in the settings file?

sby

Content Creator
Coder
this line seems to work for me
Cottontail.swf=cotton tail:CostumeBottoms

also, leaving it blank should've worked as well
Cottontail.swf=cotton tail

you specifiy the modtypes if you wish to leave out certain things of the mod

Max Power

Potential Patron
LOL I´m still getting the error messages but the mods are there on the clothes menus as intended! Don´t really care though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.