1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Camo trousers please!

Discussion in 'Invalid Requests' started by ozwanze, Feb 23, 2015.

1. ozwanze

ozwanze Potential Patron

Hiya.

could someone make hue-shiftable camo hipster pants (for the girl), please? Many thanks in advance

Attached Files:

2. stuntcock

stuntcock Club Regular Staff Member Moderator

The reference image is too small to trace; drawing camouflage by hand is no fun. If you can't find a high-resolution reference photograph, then you could link an image of your preferred camouflage pattern (Flecktarn or whatever). An artist may be able to clone-stamp it a few times and then add some highlights, pleats, and foreshortening.

If you have any preferences about the actual fitting details then you should spell them out (or post a high-resolution photograph which makes them obvious). Examples:
    • should the camo pattern flow across the visible fabric (for clean visuals)? Or should it be broken up by seamlines (for realism)?
    • number and size of pockets
    • belt loops y/n
    • zip or button fly?
    • waist height and tightness
      • You could link to existing SDT clothing items for context. e.g. "When paired with this shirt a bit of midriff should be exposed" "This shirt should appear to be tucked into the pants." "This thong should be partially visible when the pants are worn without a shirt."

Also - "hue shiftable" in SDT modding terminology usually means that a single HSL transformation is applied to the entire garment (which is very easy to implement). If you actually want the ability to independently adjust the camo components (e.g. red splotches on a green background --> blue splotches on a grey background) then the modder must setup rgbFill elements. This isn't especially challenging but it does require more effort -- so please be clear about your requirements.

3. ozwanze

ozwanze Potential Patron

Hiya,

thanks for coming back, I never knew there was so much to think about!

Ok, here goes

Pattern cut by seamlines (I'm guessing it's a pain already)
    Not really fussed about extra ammo pockets
    I'd be a very happy fella with the standard jeans in SDT regarding pockets, loops, fly and whatnot
    Again, I'm not too fussed about the hue-shiftable bit (it has way too many shades when I look closer)

I'm not really surprised when you mention the details that nobody has asked for this, but gwan you know you want to!

Thanks for giving me the pointers on clothing mods regardless

Attached Files:

4. ozwanze

ozwanze Potential Patron

It's proving to be painful trying to find a profile shot of blue/grey/white camo pants, with a big enough picture.

Would the attached pic be the right size?

Attached Files: