1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blades of Kriegmar: Open Recruitment! (CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Roleplay' started by Idoro, Dec 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Idoro

Idoro Fully Functional Staff Member Moderator

Hey all.

As some of you perhaps have known for a very long time now, I had planned to open up recruitment for BoK once the current story had reached its conclusion. Now that we are so close to that point, I had figured that I could coast to the end smoothly with only half the amount of human players that I had originally fielded for.

However, the amount of active players in the campaign has dropped from 3 to 2. Without huge involvement of NPCs (which I know my players hate), completing the campaign at this stage is going to be an arduous process.

Therefore, instead of sticking to my original plan and recruiting new players after the completion of this story arc, I am instead going to open up recruitment now right before the final confrontation for Part 1. So if you've been waiting a while to join in on the RP... now is your chance!

Of course, the old guidelines from before are still in place for those wanting to join:

1. Character must be a female. Non-negotiable!

2. The character can be of any typical fantasy race- human, elf, dwarf, orc, gnome, etc.

3. The character can be any sort of class from fantasy-style games like D&D, Fire Emblem, Shining Force,
    Ragnarok Online, etc. I leave this part open since I like to give people the freedom to choose whatever they want to be, including classes that aren't typically seen often (like swordmage, dark knight, etc.)

4. If you plan to join the RP, you MUST be able to commit some time to it- this means you should be posting within a few days of my posts that prompt a response from you and you should make yourself available with me or other members to discuss strategy or anything else. In the past, I have set a time limit to make posts, but have removed that requirement as it became unnecessary (and I myself had broken it many times). I don't want to have to institute it again- keep in mind that when you take too long to post you're not only making me wait, but the other players as well.

5. BoK is a drama-free zone! If you have concerns or complaints about me or another member, please speak to me in private about it and keep it out of the RP itself.

If you can abide by these rules, we can move on to the fun part!

-Submit your ideas to me either in this thread, through forum PM or in the chat. If I do not respond to you right away in chat, I am most likely away or asleep.
    -I'll need a proper description of your character so I can sketch her for the RP itself.
    -Once all that is said and done, I'll create a character sheet for you and we can choose your talents, perks and class path. Then you're good to go!

HOW WILL SELECTION WORK?
    Choosing the next member of BoK is not a simple process. Many factors are going to go into who I for the RP. This includes but is not limited to, your RP history, RP quality, how well you get along with others, how I think you'd fit into the RP at large, etc.

Is this being judgmental? Absolutely. We've had a few issues arise in the past however with former members, so I feel having a bit more control over who gets chosen is going to work best for the RP going forward. Think of it as a 'screening'.

So if you're someone new I've never met before and think you don't have a chance to become a member, you couldn't be more wrong. I actually enjoy the chance to see what new people are capable of! In fact I'd say that having a clean, clear slate would be more beneficial since you don't have anything against you. So please, don't have any reservations whoever you are and toss your character ideas at me!

I look forward to speaking with a lot of you soon. I'll most likely have recruitment open for a month or so- however long I need to in order to reach my goal of 4 new members.

If a new member is chosen, I will update this thread accordingly. And if you have any questions about BoK, feel free to ask me here or in private. Thanks!

Here is a link to BoK for the record: The Blades of Kriegmar | Undertow

IF YOU ARE PLANNING TO APPLY FOR A SPOT IN THE ROLEPLAY, KNOW THAT THE DEADLINE IS FEBRUARY 1ST, 2016. I WILL NOT BE ACCEPTING ANY MORE APPLICATIONS AFTER THIS DATE!

Last edited: Jan 15, 2016
  2. unknownwatcher

unknownwatcher Avid Affiliate Ryonani Teamster

Name: Zyfa
    Race: Human female
    Starting Class: Archer
    Equipment: a Wooden longbow and her Halberd

Bio:

Zyfa was a daughter of a very talented weapons master. She is the sister of two older brothers, Carlio and Alistar. At the age of 10, she was given a halberd by her father when she kept on insisting on training with him. Reluctantly, he trained her and let her face dozens off opponents in her training sessions. One day, she overheard her father talking to one of her opponents and learned he was paying them to take it easy on her. Angry, Zyfa went behind her father's back and pay the same opponent double the money if he fought for real. they fought in front of her father who soon realized what was taking place. Zyfa defeated her opponent and looked at her father. At first, he was displeased but realized that he couldn't shelter her anymore. Zyfa's father then faced Zyfa and defeated her in a lengthy battle. She was then given two options, give up weapons training or to exile herself from home until she has learned enough to defeat her father. Zyfa choose to leave her home and explore Kriegmar to gain more knowledge and to receive more training taking only her clothes, her long bow and Halberd, and her money. Zyfa is proud of her fighting prowess and would go to places where people needed help. Zyfa hopes to one day return home and earn her father's respect and, maybe one day, earn the title of weapon master.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2015
    Idoro and Baku|Haku like this.
  3. Raden

Raden Club Regular Ryonani Teamster

I'd like to throw my hat in the ring and bring Tylissa back. I see that Madelyn's new class ability will allow her to resurrect the elf, so the mechanics of how are not an issue.

Why Tylissa? There's many benefits to this.

1) I already know the character. You already know the character. She's established.

2) She departed around level 3, so there's only half the amount of catchup work necessary for her.

3) me as a player? I already know the mechanics of how to play. I might be a little rusty but I would integrate back in to the game quickly.

4) I like to think I've got enough RP experience to be decent at this going forward. In the past I've had to be guided a lot, and I would hope that is over and done with. Remember that as of June 2012, I had no RP experience at all of any kind. You kindly let me into Blades of Kriegmar anyway, and I feel like it has done a lot for my experience at RP. I'd like it to continue being that kind of good influence. My posting times had never been an issue, and I never was at odds with the other players either.

Thanks for considering this, and if you do choose to bring on board others instead, I'll understand. :)

Last edited: Dec 28, 2015
    Idoro and unknownwatcher like this.
  4. TheCrimsonRisk

TheCrimsonRisk Club Regular Ryonani Teamster

As the most recently departed player, I first want to wish Idoro and Unrelated the best in their quest to find new party members. If you have the time to commit to this, I highly encourage you to take a chance and join in because the adventure has led to many enjoyable moments. Not to mention the fact that Idoro provides original art for your created characters, so how can you pass up on that?

For anyone unfamiliar with BoK, please feel free to ask me any questions you might have in this thread in regards to what is expected of you, general RP guidelines, how to put together a post, stuff like that. I'm happy to answer your queries in this thread or if you feel more comfortable sending me a PM, then have at it ;)

Good luck and happy hunting!

unknownwatcher likes this.
  5. Raden

Blades of Kriegmar will not be the same without you, @TheCrimsonRisk. Thank you for your efforts in helping to shape the story and plan large, complicated party actions.

6. TheCrimsonRisk

TheCrimsonRisk Club Regular Ryonani Teamster

No problem, Raden, it was really Unrelated who handled most of the strategizing anyway. I just followed along. I am happy to have contributed what I could to the fiction of Kriegmar though. Idoro has provided a good environment for his players to muck about and that is greatly appreciated as well.

7. puca

puca Avid Affiliate

I'm interested in learning more! So from what I gather this is an RPG, led by Idoro as GM, right? So what's the main theme of the RP? We're on a ryona board, but is ryona the point, or a by-product of gameplay? Would we expect to advance character plotlines/main plots, or is it more of a sandbox sort of thing? How often should we expect to check in on the thread? I noticed that individual actions/posts are fairly short, but they're posted in pretty big chunks of back-and-forth. What are the general RP guidelines?

Phew! Apologies for the deluge of questions!

8. Unrelated

Unrelated Club Regular Ryonani Teamster

Yes, Idoro's running the show here.
    Theme is a fairly standard high fantasy plot, with ryona all around. Sometimes we beat up a bunch of zako, sometimes we end up in horrible situations!
    The game has been somewhat story-heavy, though the party hasn't been completely without choices in their path.
    When there was a time limit on posts, it was 4 days after the GM post for the turn-- delay requests were allowed, it was really more of a "hey, don't just leave everyone hanging without communicating what's going on here!" Really, use common sense here. If things are moving quickly then do try to keep up, and even if things aren't going super fast, don't wait around forever and drain energy from the game. After all, if you're excited enough to join...
    If I had to say, I'd put Weiss and TCR's RPs as probably the gold standard of how to make your posts. I don't really have a good answer to this other than to see how it's been written and get a feel for it.

puca and Idoro like this.
  9. puca

puca Avid Affiliate

Alright, awesome! So, I'm definitely interested. To apply, should I post a character idea here?

10. SonicMarioHero

SonicMarioHero Vivacious Visitor

You should remember me from the last time I asked for Maya to join! But if not...
    http://i.imgur.com/BFY8pc3.png There you go!

Name:Maya Lazarus
    Race:Human
    Class:Trickster/Dancer

Bio:
    Maya grew up living up a very sheltered life with her family at home until she finally grew of age. Once she hit that point, she took the first opportunity she could and went out into the world. Being a very sheltered girl she didn't understand the world very much but she saw all kinds of things. So much so that she ended up taking some mischievous traits. She started to play tricks on people and even just plain mess with them. She never really hurt anybody but she did get herself into a lot trouble usually involving herself being chased by angry people. She took up art of dancing when she could and just used that to her advantage as well. Her sword is her father's sword that she always to swing around as a little girl. She now travels the world hoping to see all kinds of interesting things due to her not seeing anything as a kid.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2016
    Idoro, Baku|Haku and Raden like this.
  11. Unrelated

Unrelated Club Regular Ryonani Teamster

As the OP says, either post it in here, or PM it to Idoro, or come into the chat and talk about it there.

12. thesteedman

thesteedman Casual Client Ryonani Teamster

[​IMG]

Name: Faith
    Race: Human
    Class: Brawler/Monk

Bio:
    Born into a noble family with ties to royalty, what should have been a life of comfort and luxury was taken from Faith when she was but a child. Her family was butchered by assassins, whilst she was blinded and left to die. Slavers managed to save her life, bringing her back to health before selling her off to a man who owned pit fighters. She was trained and reconditioned, able to use chi energy to sense her surroundings to make up for her loss of sight, before she was trained to use the same energy to fight and defend herself. Faith was forced to become a pit fighter, with desire for revenge against her family's killers feeding her will to fight and prevail.

She spent over a decade as a successful pit fighter, able to earn her own freedom. Through the decade Faith managed to turn her rage into tranquility, finding a calm amongst the chaos. Now a free woman, she uses the skills she has gained as a fighter to help those in need, constantly training to better herself, but mainly searching for clues or a path that will lead her to those who took the lives of her family.

13. Baku|Haku

Baku|Haku Avid Affiliate

[​IMG]

Name: Avita

Race: Atlantian

Job:
    Blue Magician

Powers and Abilities:
    She can use her trident as a weapon to impale and slash enemies, She can move bodies of water to her will even turning them into ice, Breath underwater and give others the ability to breath underwater.

Bio:
    All atlantians are curious of the surface world, all of them dream of falling in love with a handsome human and become the bridge between the two worlds, such was the dream of Avita as she stalked silently the piers in the middle of the night to find out more about humans , however all Atlantians also know that any contact with humans is forbidden and is punished by death.

One day as Avita stalked humans as usual, she saw a couple of them being chased through the docks until they were forced to jump into the water, the first one to jump drowned, the other was rescued by Avita who helped her by kissing her giving her the ability to breath underwater for a bit. Soon after her pursuers were out of sight she took the woman to shore, it was love at first sight. During many nights the two lovers would meet in secret and talk until dawn signaling both to return to their worlds.

It was perfect a dream came true, but one night her lover did not appear.

The next night the woman appeared on the beach bloody and beaten to death, desperate the atlantian tried to call for help but no one was there. She stayed with her until she passed away.
    One last time she young woman went into Atlantis in order to steal one of the sacred tridents to never cime back, now she wanders the surface world to bring justice to her fallen beloved and to help others protect their loved ones as she couln't protect hers.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2016
    Idoro and unknownwatcher like this.
  14. KevinMack

KevinMack Potential Patron

Resubmitting a character I had previously made

Marra grenhill
    Marra

Name Marra Greenhill

Race Halfling

Class Alchamist (Based on the one from pathfinder Alchemist - Pathfinder_OGC)

Equipment Repeater crossbow, Bombs, potions,

Bio

Marra comes from a long family line of alchamists. While most of whom are dedicated to the art of alchemical healing Marra has expanded to include alchemical bombs and regents . Hoping to honour the family name Marra travels the world hoping to invent new potions and regents, help people and if she gets the chance to blow the odd thing up.

Idoro likes this.
  15. Big-ronso

Big-ronso Vivacious Visitor

Hello everyone, I state that and a life that I follow BK eo always wanted to participate.
    My written English is not good (speech I think is worse XD) but I understand very well what we wrote, and with the translator can make understandable what I mean.

If this is not a problem I would like to propose a character to participate! * W *

http://www.deviantart.com/art/Kha-ri-578195934

Name: Riful

Race: Beastman (woman actually XD)

Class: Bounty Hunter

BG: Riful not know their parents and always been in an orphanage in a border town, he has never been never discriminated for his appearance but the appearance inisieme animalistic feral character made it impossible to adopt it. Riful in fact always considered his house and the orphanage nuns who ran his family, in addition to the only people who would listen. Riful continues for a long time to live in the orphanage in a carefree, satisfying for most of his instincts hunting in particular more than once the nuns had to apologize for the disappearance of a few chickens. Unfortunately over time the orphanage encounters serious economic difficulty setting. it was then that she decided to put her instinct for hunting work to catch criminals and thus earn money to save his home. Unfortunately the time to learn the craft seriously and take the amount you need not enough for his mission. In fact, when he returns to his home town he discovers that his house is not there more disappointed by his fault on leaving the city beginning to travel thus giving vent to his instincts, chasing monsters and criminals alike. Riful now counts with his services to anyone who will offer a challenge worthy of the name

Idoro likes this.
  16. Taveren

Taveren Vivacious Visitor

Name: Kara

Race: Human

Class: Paladin (Sentinal/Fighter)

Bio: Kara grew up in a remote mountain village. The environment is wild and cruel. Sometimes it seems like the land itself threatens to destroy the village. The grand stories and legends carried by peddlars and travelling bards keep a warm fire burning in a young girl's heart. Dreams of heroes and adventure sustain her through the chilling winter nights. One particularly harsh winter brings raiders into the village. A travelling warrior arrives to drive them off as a young Kara watches with wide eyes. When the dust and snow finally settles, her parents beg that the warrior take their daughter with them. The warrior is initially reluctant but eventually resigns and takes Kara under his wing.

Through the years Kara travels and trains with the aging warrior. One day the warrior tells her its time for her to step out from his shadow. Armed with the warrior's teachings and driven by tales of heroes, Kara seeks to write her own legend.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 7, 2016
    Marcomax, Big-ronso and Idoro like this.
  17. Idoro

Thanks to everyone who has applied so far! I've updated the first page and the thread title itself with the deadline for applications. If you're on the fence about it, I would strongly consider applying before time runs out!

SonicMarioHero likes this.
  18. Marcomax

Marcomax Vivacious Visitor

I'm a long time fan of Blades of Kriegmar and it's the series that got me interested in Roleplaying. If there isn't any problem I would like to submit a character.

Name Emilia McDonald

Appearance: White, shoulder length hair, Green Eyes, Dark Brown Skin.
    Outfit: Emilia's Outfit Minus the eyepatch and flower. Similar hair.

Personality: Quiet but observant, Emilia is carries herself as a professional. As such she treasures loyalty above all else. She tends to be a very emotionally guarded person, rarely sharing her thoughts. When not fighting, she can be seen either cleaning her musket or sewing & kniting. A hobby she picked up while staying with Marco.

Race Human

Class: Gunslinger

Equipment: Musket, Musket balls, Gunpowder

Bio : Abandoned as a child, Emilia grew up on the streets as a common thief. During those times, her main concern was just surviving. That all changed when she ran into an elderly man named Marco. Marco was a soldier from the 2nd Imperial Rifleman Corps and the first to show him any real affection. In exchange for food and shelter, Marco offered Emilia the chance to became his apprentice. She accepted without hesitation. In the beginning, she would handle his equipment as she learn how to properly use a Musket. Once she came of age, she was inducted as a member of the Rifleman Corps.

One day, a senator requested that there team investigate a village he said was planning to attack the capital. In truth, the senator left out key details about the size of the enemy force and just how well armed they were. There detachment was decimated and the operation a failure. Only Emilia was able to survive as Marco sacrificed his life to hold off the enemy, giving her a chance to escape.

When she returned to report the end results of the mission, the senator denied ever giving the order for the 2nd Imperial Rifleman Corps' deployment. Whether he had a grudge against Marco or was secretly working for the enemy, Emilia never found out. Having be engaged in an unsanctioned military operation that weakened the country's status, Emilia was dishonorably discharged. Most of Marco's possessions including their home was seized by the state. With no place to stay and her only skills being those with a musket, she became a wondering mercenary. Though she's returned to the world she left as a child, Emilia's time as a soldier with Marco has changed her for the better.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2016
    Big-ronso and Idoro like this.
  19. Idoro

I know it's a bit late, but to encourage class diversity, I'm going to allow everyone to submit more than one character. I'm going to go ahead and say now that I intend to allow players to switch in different characters at will during the course of the roleplay, I'm just not certain on when I'll implement this.

I'm loving the character ideas I'm seeing so far though, everyone. Keep'em coming!

20. Raden

Amalia T'perrin

Amalia is a skilled elven hunter/tinkerer. She likes to delve into the realm of clockworks and mechanics. As such, she is able to quickly set up sentries that are able to spray enemies with high-speed razor-sharp flechette rounds. She can also fashion crude bombs or grenades that explode in an eruption of debris, usually shards of scrap metal or pebbles. Watch your eyes!

While you're shielding your eyes from her flechettes, she might just put one out with her marksmanship crossbow skills anyway. Hunting for food and defending her forest city has given her the ability to aim without even seeing what she is firing at. Aside from her arsenal of regular bolts, she's been known to use serrated bolts to jam joints and tear into hard muscle, blunt bolts for concussive and non-lethal force to take down a target, and flaming bolts for when you just have a burning desire to light up something's now-extremely-short life. The flaming bolts are ignited upon release, so while there is no risk of incinerating her bow, they look quite marvelous streaking through the sky.... before they embed themselves in someone's eye socket.

Rathana Fireheart

She's big, ferocious, intimidating, and mean looking. At 6'3 of jacked muscle she will put the fear of whatever deity you talk to into you. She wears the scar across her face from eye to jaw as a symbol of pride. It was her first serious battle injury that felled her, and she almost did not recover from it... but she came back, even more fierce than ever.

Dressed in crimson like the blood she spills, wearing the furs of some of her greater hunts, with deep like-coloured hair, she looks every part the ferocious, fearsome warlord she set out to be. But she cares for those under her as well: Befriending her earns you a powerful ally who will consider you one of her unit... and she does everything she can for her unit.

As if Rathana were not fearsome enough on her own, the weapon she uses is equally terrifying. Her most prized possession is her custom-crafted greatsword, Death's Talon. Every bit as lethal as its wielder, this long blade is razor-sharp on one side to the point of rivaling a samurai's blade. The other side is jagged and serrated, with teeth like a saw that rip and shred enemies. If it does not kill them, it will leave them highly disfigured from the wound. Rounding out the metal mayhem is the crossguard, which has also been weaponized, sharpened to a spike-like point on both ends for shorter-range jabbing and stabbing. Finally, the pommel of the sword has been given a flattened end, to allow for the rare times Rathana needs to be non-lethal and simply incapacitate a target. She keeps her sword in immaculate condition, cleaning the blood off it regularly and repairing even the smallest ding in it so that it does not fall into disrepair and become unusable.

Nasheentu Neprali

Nasheentu is a visionary, you might say. Earning her way in the world by fortune telling, her crystal ball is more than meets the eyes. When not reading palms and telling futures, she can conjure up illusions and distractions, like phantasms or distracting sounds. If she has to resort to fighting, she has a couple basic combat spells that she can power up with her own life force. There's no limit to this ability other than taking care not to overexert herself. Blood Knife is a knife made out of blood that flies straight and true at an enemy, embedding itself in them and giving a small boost to her vitality. She can conjure defensive walls, out of magical force or of physical substance like bone or wood. She can spread these walls far apart, but doing so weakens each section, making it easier to take down piece by piece. On the contrast, concentrating a wall into a small area makes it very difficult to hew through.

When she feels drained, she can pass this feeling on to others. If she gets within melee range of an enemy, she can stab at them physically with her enchanted, jewel-hilted dagger. Doing so damages her enemy and heals her at the same time.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2016
    unknownwatcher likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.