Blade & Soul Slider Mod/Tool (Working again) (1 Viewer)

JustGuy

Casual Client
Update: Xigncode3 was removed in NA/EU, the tool works again. -May 2019

Important
The slider tool uses a .dll injection to alter the game's memory. At this point in time (May 2019) no one has been banned for using it in nearly 3 years of BnS history, but it technically remains an illegal tool. I recommend weighing the pros and cons of using the tool vs. manual editing for yourself below.

Ever been bothered by the character sliders in Blade&Soul reaching their max too fast for your liking? Or ever caught yourself thinking that even a minimum value is too big? Then this is for you.

This a simple tool that lets you go beyond the regular slider limits in Blade & Soul, allowing you to truly fully customize your character. Supports all character sliders in the game.

Proof below with the breast slider - max limit increased (1.0 (20) -> 2.0 (40))
an.png

Download
With a big thanks to tinker tinker for working my findings into an easy-to-use tool to live modify the game's slider limits with ease, and to @relluick for making a 64-bit version.(source)
  1. Download either "BnS Slider Tool v02.zip" (32-bit) or "BnS_Slider_2.0_x64.zip" (64-bit) below depending on your client version.
    Most opt to run Blade & Soul in 64-bit since 32-bit is highly unstable and causes crashes.
  2. Download BnsBuddy. This is a fanmade custom launcher for the game that comes with many features to increase performance, such as disabling loading screens, multi-core support, addons, and so on. You will need to use this or another alternative launcher for the game, as the default NCSoft launcher will repair modified files.

You can grab BnsBuddy here: BnS Buddy Center. They also have a forum: BnS Buddy
    Important: You'll still need to use the normal launcher once in a while to download the latest patch files.

Installation & Usage:
- Extract the contents of the slider tool anywhere.
- Run the .exe as admin.
- Have the slider tool open along with B&S. If you open B&S first, it should detect the process automatically. If it doesn't or you start the tool first, hit [refresh] to detect it.
- Select race/gender from the dropdown & edit values at will. "min" for smaller sizes, "max" for bigger.
Value 1 (20 in character creation) is the default max. "2" (40) is double the size, and so on.
- Hit [Refresh] or click on another slider's input box & change outfits in-game to show changes.

You can exit the slider tool once you have made the changes and relaunch it later, or keep it running.

Known issues:
- The slider tool won't work with a modified xml.dat file that has the first body record edited.
- May not be supported on some non-B&SWest clients or clients running on a non-English language.
- If it doesn't detect the process while B&S is open, try restarting the game.
- There may be issues using decimals for regions that use comma(,) instead of period(.). Expected behavior is for periods to work as decimals, and commas to be ignored. So 3.5=3.5 while 3,5=35.[/quote]

Pros vs. Cons

Slider Tool:
+ Easy to use.
+ Changes update in real time (upon a costume swap, no need to relaunch the game everytime)
+ Supports the saving & (auto)-loading of different slider profiles.
+ Works with many if not all client versions across regions.
- Uses a .dll injection

Manual editing (xml.dat):
+ Doesn't use a .dll injection, completely legal
+ Changes are permanent (at least until the next major patch)
- You'll need to re-edit & relaunch the game each time for different slider values (no real time updates).
- Doesn't support different profiles/auto-loading in most cases.
Thanks to Ashlay there now is a simple .xml slider editor, so the process isn't as tedious as it once was. You can download his tool here.
The guide for manually editing the game's xml.dat file is still available below, and gives you in insight in how the sliders work:
[Guide] Blade & Soul: Increased Sliders & xml.dat modding | Undertow.

Tips & Notes
  • When using modified sliders do not use the [PrtScrn] button in-game to take screenshots - a copy of each screenshot is uploaded NCSoft's database, so they can use that to track modded clients. Use a tool like Fraps or the build-in screenshot function of SweetFX/Reshade instead, those give way better quality screenshots anyway.
  • Do not post screenshots of (obviously) modded content on the official forums or sites, putting it in your F2 profile picture, or mentioning it in places frequented by the NCSoft staff such as reddit.
    The stance of the NCSoft staff towards this tool and modding in general is that they don't care about "harmless hacks", BUT if directly confronted with it they are forced to take action.

• Different values may look great or horrible depending on your race and the costume you are using. Some races/costumes just have a better polygon count than others, that is just the way it is. Usually there are only so many increments you can do on something before it starts to look like crap.
  • Changes are only visible to you (client-side), but may also affect other characters on your screen.

Attachments

BnS Slider Tool v02.zip
18.8 KB · Views: 1,484

BnS_Slider_2.0_x64.zip
19.8 KB · Views: 2,370

Last edited:

mxjzm

Casual Client
I'm playing this game at the moment, just started and i was thinking to do something like this (xTera) for Blade and Soul.
Glad to see you guys made it, definetly going to try it today, congratulations and thank you for sharing.
Regards.

Last edited:

terrytmk

Potential Patron
The link to the .bat file is broken or temporarily out of service...:frown:

Use steam instead if u have it. Use "add non-steam game", found client.exe that run Blade and Soul.

Then add the following to launch option

Code:
/LaunchByLauncher /SessKey:"" /MacAddr:"" /UserNick:"" /CompanyID:"0" /ChannelGroupIndex:"-1" /ServerAddr:" " /StartGameID:"BNS" /RepositorySub:" " /GamePath:"" /LoginMode 2 -lang:English -region:1

-region:1 is EU -region:0 is NA

After you relaunch steam in admin, you can use steam overlay and bypass the launcher.

JustGuy

Casual Client
first of all very good work, thanks :3
and second i have a question, is it possible to make the breasts even bigger?
Maybe with the specific guide "[Guide] Blade & Soul: Increased Sliders & xml.dat modding | Undertow" ?
or is the size number 3 the maximum?
You can make them as big as you want to, really. It's why I wrote that guide in the first place. Maybe above a certain value it's bound to cause client crashes. Don't know. Tested up to 6.0 myself and never had any issues.

The reason why I went with 3.0 in the download file is because I found it to be the 'upper limit' of what still passes in terms of most costumes looking ok/decent. Beyond that point things go to crap real fast as you will start to see things like costumes not scaling properly, torpedo boobs and/or the boobs looking a bit too over-pixelated. See the pic below as example.

5-1512-9216.png

But then again, this varies depending on the race and costume. Some just scale better than others.

Last edited:
A

Ashigaru

Can this be used to shrink them below the default minimums? I like flat girls and it is a real shame that even the smallest size boobs the game offers are still way too large.

tinker

Casual Client
It definitely should be able to shrink them, although I don't think it'll be perfect. You'll have to mess around with the numbers.

Manning

Potential Patron
Some time ago A aakamrua

Proof below with the breast slider limit (max) increased from 1.0 to 2.0 and 3.0.

View attachment 45403
View attachment 45405

#2: Download & Install new xml.dat
If you'd like to just give your toons a notable bust size increase that looks good on mostly everything and save yourself the hassle of file editing you can download my version of xml.dat [here]. For anything beyond this see the link above.

I had no joy trying to do it the manual way, where I could input the whatever size I wanted, but the part quoted above with the already edited version of the xml.dat download worked fine, but the breasts are too big for my liking, the middle option in the pictures above is about where I'd want them. could anyone please post a pre-edited xml.dat with a different size?

JustGuy

Casual Client
I had no joy trying to do it the manual way, where I could input the whatever size I wanted, but the part quoted above with the already edited version of the xml.dat download worked fine, but the breasts are too big for my liking, the middle option in the pictures above is about where I'd want them. could anyone please post a pre-edited xml.dat with a different size?
Manning Manning
The value I used for the middle screenshots is attached below.
Put the .xml in your xml.dat.files\engine folder (yes to overwrite) and then re-compile using the bnsdat tool.

It comes down to changing just a few lines in a 3kb file so re-upping the entire 44mb file is a bit redundant in my opinion.
I have updated/clarified the editing guide to the best of my abilities so see that if any questions remain.

Attachments

2.0_Slider.zip
2.9 KB · Views: 544

Average Tumblrina

Vivacious Visitor
This tutorial is awesome
Since I increased the build to 2x, i increased breast size to 5x, to "balance" it out.
Some newer costume, like the Halloween costume has a better polygon count at the chest so it is actually not bad, if you are into chubs.

body-custom-max-20="2.00"
body-custom-max-23="5.00"
body-custom-max-24="5.00"
body-custom-max-25="5.00"

I9lS7zL.jpg

fwbFVwj.jpg

v7OcAN4.jpg

kindwick

Avid Affiliate
This tutorial is awesome
Since I increased the build to 2x, i increased breast size to 5x, to "balance" it out.
Some newer costume, like the Halloween costume has a better polygon count at the chest so it is actually not bad, if you are into chubs.

body-custom-max-20="2.00"
body-custom-max-23="5.00"
body-custom-max-24="5.00"
body-custom-max-25="5.00"

I9lS7zL.jpg

fwbFVwj.jpg

v7OcAN4.jpg
Is there any way you would be willing to share your version of the .xml data file via download link? I would love a copy of it and I am too lazy to make one of my own. Thanks!

U

UndefeatedOfTheEast

e726a3f75f.png

Upon trying to recompile. Anyone have an xml.dat with the bust slider at 5.00? I'd upload a bunch of modified .dat files with different sizes, but I've hit a wall with the above problem.

Average Tumblrina

Vivacious Visitor
Is there any way you would be willing to share your version of the .xml data file via download link? I would love a copy of it and I am too lazy to make one of my own. Thanks!

MEGA
I just compiled them real quickly, and there might be problems, including, but not limited to: multiple file having the same ratio.
The tits are fat, use with caution.

Updated to the lastest,27th Jan, 2016 version

Last edited:

JustGuy

Casual Client
Important: With today's patch (27/1) the contents of xml.dat were slightly changed. If you try to run the game with an xml.dat file made before this date you'll see all sorts of dislocated text fragments and other stuff that looks out of place. I have updated the download in first post with a new version which should work.

so if you ever encounter this 'problem' in the future you'll need to the following:
- Backup any modified characterdefvaluedata.xml files from xml.dat versions you made before the patch and wish to save. (Optional)
- Delete the current xml.dat.files folder, as well as any versions of xml.dat you made before the patch.
- Run the NClauncher and let it update/repair to get the latest patch and with it the new xml.dat version.
- Re-extract the new xml.dat and continue your work from there.

You can re-insert a modified characterdefvaluedata.xml file you backed up beforehand into the \engine folder of the (new) xml.dat.files. Recompile & repeat for every 'preset' you wish to carry over.

This solution should hold for any future patches which change the structure of xml.dat.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.