Blade and Soul Cheat Engine Mods. (1 Viewer)

aakamrua

Potential Patron
So for reference you can call me Savage Zu or aakamrua as my account shows.

Im making this thread as after several hours and a couple people points a few things out ive manage to figure out how to modify addresses in BnS. Specifically the Breast slider. I figured out how to find the addresses in game but i have no way of updating them. As some of you may know the addresses change anytime anything happens in BnS. Go through a zone portal? Boom changed. Change clothes? Boom changed. Hop to a different Channel? Boom changed. so each time anything happens the addresses change to a new address which makes any modification of the sliders in game rather useless as you have to find then change them literally every freaking time.

Method to finding sliders in game.

You need to find what code modifies the sliders. Specificly the breast slider. (this method will work for finding any slider though)

1: Have Cheat Engine running in the background while Bns is open. Blah blah blah. Basic stuff for looking around in a game with CE.

2: Isolate the addresses of a slider in the char creation. (make sure its a slider that you can easily tell the difference of.) Im not sure but each of the sliders may use a different minimum and max value. I know that the breasts use a -1 min and a 1 max value.

2.1: To isolate you need to max the slider and do an exact search of "1" this will give you a decent list to start with.

2.2: after scan finishes go in game and lower number to anything below max. Tab out to CE and search again this time search for items that the value as decreased.

2.3: repeat this process a couple times varying between raising and lowering the slider and changing the scan options accordingly.

2.4 After doing step 2.2 and 2.3 a few times do a scan multiple times that only shows unchanged numbers. this will remove randomizing numbers and you should find 2 addresses close to the bottom that are relavent to your slider position with value amount. (10/20 is .5 15/20 is .75 etc.)

After finding these float addresses you can test if they are the ones you want by changing their value with CE then tabbing into the game and editing a random slider. If this worked the intended slider should update along side the random slider.

3: after finding the addresses you need to right click on one and click on "find out what writes to this address"

3.1: From here go in game and edit the slider you are trying to mod. after editing it it will update the box that opened after clicking the option in step 3.0

3.2: there should be a single line that will look along the lines of this >
Address: bsengine_Shipping.dll+662881 Name: Code :fstp dword [ecx+eax*4] (this is the one that i got via using the breast slider.)

3.3: click ^ that and there should be an option to add code to advanced options.

4: This will open a new window of which will have you code that you just added to it. Right click the code and click the option "Find out what addresses this code reads from"

5: This will open yet another window. (this one will be your best friend.) This window will show any updates that code does.

6: modify your slider in game and it should update in the newest box as a pair of addresses with the exact same values.

This is how you find and edit the values in game (out of CC) as you are able to set the drop down to float and double click any addresses that pop up to put them down in you CE modification box.

Keepin mind that to do this in world you will need to be in a solo instance as anywhere else it will spam the newest box and you will be unable to find you float addresses that you need.

Here is where the problems start though.

1: I have no clue how to update the game to use the new values without the addresses changing.
2: The addresses change to [insert any random code here] any time you go through a door, change clothes, or anything else that requires you model to load.

So here is what we need.

1: A program at the basest level that is able to slip past the anti-hack any day of the week.
2: a program capable of monitoring or hooking the slider addresses so either it updates them as they update then applies them in time so you see them in world, Or something that simply stops them from randomizing without throwing up any red flags in the anti-hack but still applies them in game so you are able to see you modified character.

So if you have multiple VPNs, arent worried about losing access to the game via anti-hack ban, the know how to build a program like this? Then i and multiple other people would love you forever lol. There is a major fan base for this kind of thing. (if you dont believe me check out the Tera Physics Adjuster here in game vixens)

To be able to get the game and play it easily you can go to PlayBNS ? free Blade & Soul server This is the simplest way to get into the game. Create an account download the game (VIA THE LAUNCHER NOT THE UTORRENT LINK). (Also the launcher has a english and de-censor option in the launcher)

All of my findings and work was done on the russian version/server. to replicate down to an exact T you may need to do the same. (dont qoute me on that)

Need me for anything just toss me a message. Also please leave comments on any ideas or tips that you guys could share!

-Savage Zu

aakamrua

Potential Patron
Good News. Looking into a method of modifying the xml.dat file of the game which would allow for the sliders to be changed. This means its a permanent method of modifying the shape of you model without having to refresh every time you update them.

When i find out more ill post it here for all to use.

slice

Avid Affiliate
does it mean you can fully edit the models and textures, and users can use your mod without using third party softwares such as Umod?

aakamrua

Potential Patron
For the body i know you will be able to edit the shapes. I unfortunately do not have a tool that can edit the Russian version of the xml.dat file that i need to work with but if someone can supply me or if i can find one then yes you should be able to toss someone your xml.dat file and they can just pop it in.

Umod deals with textures though doesn't it? This method is for meshes only so im not too sure how well it will pan out with Umod.

I will be honest though i have not a clue about this xml.dat file.

I know its a feasible way of having a permanent shape mod but i have no clue the tool i need nor how to modify it. If you are or know one of those people that modifies the bodies like crazy on the Russian servers then please! Share you wisdom with us!

(Reason im asking Russian is because there is already a system for the KR and CH versions i believe. Russia packs theirs a lil differently though and it screws with the program used for the KR and CH ones.)

Last edited by a moderator:

JustGuy

Casual Client
For the body i know you will be able to edit the shapes. I unfortunately do not have a tool that can edit the Russian version of the xml.dat file that i need to work with but if someone can supply me or if i can find one then yes you should be able to toss someone your xml.dat file and they can just pop it in.

(...)

I know its a feasible way of having a permanent shape mod but i have no clue the tool i need nor how to modify it. If you are or know one of those people that modifies the bodies like crazy on the Russian servers then please! Share you wisdom with us!
Bumping with some progress.

There is a (de-) compression tool available nowadays for the xml.dat and database.bin files:
[Release] Bnsdat - Xml.dat (De-)Compression Tool - Blade & Soul Dojo. Currently testing it out on the western client.

For those that don't know, xml.dat is where much if not all of the game's modifiable data is stored. You'd have to think in terms of mouse sensitivity decimals, camera height decimals, and probably the sliders as well. Slider limits are usually stored in .xml files (see aion, another NCSoft game), and in BS those are (almost) all collected in xml.dat.

I have reason to suspect that people have been able to modify their toons beyond the regular slider limits without the need for CE, and thus am fairly confident that the solution to what aakamrua started can be reached through that program. In other words, it -should- be possible to obtain permanently increased sizes beyond the slider limits through editing one or multiple of the files within xml.dat.

Unfortunately, that suspicion is all we have to go by so far. xml.dat contains over 1.5k files, which contain a lot of gibberish and take ages to go through. This is where the puzzling begins.

My initial guess was that the slider limits are related to a file within the /engine subset of xml.dat named characterdefvaluedata.xml. I have attached the relevant file below. There's a myriad of lines that begin with "body-custom-count" in the lower half of said file, and much of the character customization stuff seems to have ties to it. I have tried editing virtually everything of it, but nothing seems to have changed.

From here on out we'll need your help and guesses.

Attachments

characterdefvaluedata.zip
3.1 KB · Views: 413

Last edited:

tinker

Casual Client
Hey, so I've been messing with both CheatEngine and the .dat files.
I can confirm that modifying min/max in characterdefvaluedata.xml does change in-game appearance. If you were editing it and nothing changed, make sure you're replacing the file after B&S finishes validating your files, otherwise it will overwrite your xml.dat. An example with breast body-custom-min/max set to -10/10 is attached.

I haven't tested all the body-custom values, but the breast values are 23-25. 26 seems to be head width. 20-22 are head size, height, build in some order.

As far as CE goes, I believe I've found consistent pointers to body addresses, but changing them does not change appearance in game, and they reset to default on changing equipment. I'd like to be able to do self-only or specific character modding, so I'm going to keep working at this.
f03gp1k.jpg

JustGuy

Casual Client
Hey, so I've been messing with both CheatEngine and the .dat files.
I can confirm that modifying min/max in characterdefvaluedata.xml does change in-game appearance. If you were editing it and nothing changed, make sure you're replacing the file after B&S finishes validating your files, otherwise it will overwrite your xml.dat. An example with breast body-custom-min/max set to -10/10 is attached.

I haven't tested all the body-custom values, but the breast values are 23-25. 26 seems to be head width. 20-22 are head size, height, build in some order.
Tested and confirmed working. Very nice work. Treat yourself to a coffee, you definitely deserved it.

PS. I have converted the results of our joint 'study' here into two guides so that anyone can modify values to their own liking with ease. Credits are given where due. Hope that's ok with you.

[Blade & Soul] Breast Size Mod - (Permanently) Increased Slider Limits | Undertow
[Guide] Blade & Soul: Increased Sliders & xml.dat modding | Undertow

Last edited:

tinker

Casual Client
Quick update, since I've been messing around with CE and I think I've made some progress.

The addresses for the min/max values from characterdefvaluedata.xml seem to be grouped together, so if you have the address of one race/sex combination I think you can find the rest. They appear to be in the same order as in the xml file. These values change any character of the corresponding race/sex, and you have to change equipment or reload a character to see any changes made.

My next goal is to find offsets for your character only. I've found offsets for playing as a Yun female, but unfortunately each race/sex seems to be different. Changing these values changes your character instantly, no need to switch equipment. However, switching equipment/reloading character move/reset the addresses. In addition, values for your equipment are intermingled with the body values, so mapping this out might be a pain.

If anyone else is working on this let me know, I'd like to get someone else to check these offsets to make sure they work.

S

SecretBear

After some quick messing about, I feel I should share some specifics, 20 is build(weight), 21 is height, and 22 appears to be head size.

tinker

Casual Client
I believe the order is:
1 Pelvis Width
2 Pelvis Thickness
3 Waist Thickness
4 Waist Length
5 Thigh Width
6 Calf Width
7 Thigh Length
8 Calf Length
9 Torso Size
10 Neck Thickness
11 Neck Length
12 Shoulder Height
13 Shoulder Width
14 Shoulder Size
15 Arm Thickness
16 Arm Length
17 Hand Size
18 Hand Length
19 Foot Size
20 Build
21 Height
22 Head Size
23 Chest Height
24 Chest Width
25 Chest Size
26 Head Width

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.