Black Desert Online- Armor/Outfits File Names. Please don't ask about armor swapping in this thread. (1 Viewer)

BlackFireBR

Content Creator
Am I missing something here? I went to get the texture file for the Sorceress Karlstein Robe (PHW_EW_UB_0033.PAC) through the resorepless nude mod, and then instead of extracting .dds files it tells me:

The string "PEW_00_UB_0033.dds" could not be found int the reference_files.txt file.

- Failed to extract textures

Why is it looking for the ranger version of the texture? Everything worked fine up until that point (it found and extracted the .pac file)

Also I'm a noob at modding so I have no idea what half this stuff is
This armor was originally design for Ranger, since the model is the same, there no reason why they should make a copy of the same texture with a different name, for each class, so even though is a Sorceress armor, it uses the texture from the Ranger armor, which is why it loads the ranger version of the texture.

The error message you are getting unfortunately there is no workaround. Even if you were able to extract the texture, you wouldn't be able to make the game look for it outside the .PAZ files.This message means that file is part of the 8000 files (<2% of the total files) which hashes are not present in the pad00000.meta file and can't be patched using any of my tools

assda

Potential Patron
This armor was originally design for Ranger, since the model is the same, there no reason why they should make a copy of the same texture with a different name, for each class, so even though is a Sorceress armor, it uses the texture from the Ranger armor, which is why it loads the ranger version of the texture.

The error message you are getting unfortunately there is no workaround. Even if you were able to extract the texture, you wouldn't be able to make the game look for it outside the .PAZ files.This message means that file is part of the 8000 files (<2% of the total files) which hashes are not present in the pad00000.meta file and can't be patched using any of my tools

Aww that sucks. Well thanks for the quick response and the detailed explanation! Is it possible that any future patches might make the hash available? or is it time to give up.
The regular nude mod works fine, I'd like to thank you for all the work you do on it

BlackFireBR

Content Creator
Aww that sucks. Well thanks for the quick response and the detailed explanation! Is it possible that any future patches might make the hash available? or is it time to give up.
The regular nude mod works fine, I'd like to thank you for all the work you do on it
You see this image?

You see those 256k bytes in the middle? I'm pretty sure that's where the hashes are, but they don't make any sense to me, it's just random negative numbers. I thought they were encrypted, but if it is, it doesn't use the same encryption as the rest of the file.
So in other words: No, I don't think a future patch will make this part readable again, if not, it's more likely they make all the rest that is readable, not readable anymore.

K

konpupaku

Hi

i trying to use Armor Swapping Essentials with file1 of Batch-Test Costumes to see how this it works.
but when i launch the game after apply patch, the game crash with this error :

^ 2016-10-16 13:29:33 15072-00-3 eErrNoErrorHappen (3749371554) Erreur !=>[h:/black desert online/Character/MultipleModelDesc.xml]? ???? ????

i try with metaInjectorReloaded too and i have the same error

someone knows how to fix that ?

thank you for response =)

edit:
found response: seems not enable anymore with last game update =(

Last edited by a moderator:

alcaster4242

Swell Supporter
Where's the Treant Camouflage?
Been trying to find it unless I wasn't able to extract it.

Tried looking for it under *_10_TREEDUMMER_0004_E.PAC.

yjygogogo

Potential Patron
thanks a lot. by the way. is broken armor have another code name? i made charlerne armor but when it's broke, i can see its original color.

alcaster4242

Swell Supporter
Trying to edit the Treant costume to look like abropo's original work.
c5bcfdeb9d.png
I found the spot to cut out in the partscut.xml, but I cannot find the texture to remove the wood.
Does someone know the file?

BlackFireBR

Content Creator
Hey guys, I just released a new tool, it's a paz browser.
I decided to make life easier for people that just want to find out the file name for a armor, but doesn't know to open the game files with a 3D Viewer or doesn't have the patience to have to extract the whole game only to do that.

The tool gives you a list of all the pac files related to all pieces of armor from all classes. The list is automatically updated each time a new update is released so you will be able to find out their file name in no time.

Once you selected the file you want to preview, the tool only extracts that .pac file and the textures necessary for that file. Every file you preview is extracted, both .pac file and texture files under "Black Desert Online\Paz\patcher_resources\extracted_files\".

The tool uses quickbms to extract the files and 3D Object Coverter (both already included) to open them. I know it would be nicer if I used a graphical interface like .Net and opened the 3D model in the same window using OpenGL, but I don't know how to program for those languages, but figured that I could do something similar using only C and using 3D Object Coverter, so I did this. I'm sorry if it's not ideal.

It took me a lot of work to code this, believe it or not, if you want to take a look, the source code is available here:
src-paz_browser_v1.0.zip
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PAZ Files Browser
browser_preview1-jpg.58052

Download: Black Desert Online - Paz Files Browser

Instructions:
- Extract ALL files to your "PAZ" folder
- Run "paz_browser.exe"
- Use the arrow keys and the ENTER key to navigate thought the menu

paz_browser_preview_resized-gif.58060

Important: To visualize the model with textures, click on this icon:
texture-on-icon-jpg.58056

Known issues:
- Not all files can be opened by this program, sometimes you will encounter this message:
error-jpg.58058

I don't know why this happens.

- Remember those 8000 files I told you that my tool doesn't work with? They are not present in the list of this tool as well, since it uses the same source as the other tools.

Enjoy!

tenkashixd

Potential Patron
Hey guys, I just released a new tool, it's a paz browser.
I decided to make life easier for people that just want to find out the file name for a armor, but doesn't know to open the game files with a 3D Viewer or doesn't have the patience to have to extract the whole game only to do that.

The tool gives you a list of all the pac files related to all pieces of armor from all classes. The list is automatically updated each time a new update is released so you will be able to find out their file name in no time.

Once you selected the file you want to preview, the tool only extracts that .pac file and the textures necessary for that file. Every file you preview is extracted, both .pac file and texture files under "Black Desert Online\Paz\patcher_resources\extracted_files\".

The tool uses quickbms to extract the files and 3D Object Coverter (both already included) to open them. I know it would be nicer if I used a graphical interface like .Net and opened the 3D model in the same window using OpenGL, but I don't know how to program for those languages, but figured that I could do something similar using only C and using 3D Object Coverter, so I did this. I'm sorry if it's not ideal.

It took me a lot of work to code this, believe it or not, if you want to take a look, the source code is available here:
src-paz_browser_v1.0.zip
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PAZ Files Browser
browser_preview1-jpg.58052

Download: Black Desert Online - Paz Files Browser

Instructions:
- Extract ALL files to your "PAZ" folder
- Run "paz_browser.exe"
- Use the arrow keys and the ENTER key to navigate thought the menu

paz_browser_preview_resized-gif.58060

Important: To visualize the model with textures, click on this icon:
texture-on-icon-jpg.58056

Known issues:
- Not all files can be opened by this program, sometimes you will encounter this message:
error-jpg.58058

I don't know why this happens.

- Remember those 8000 files I told you that my tool doesn't work with? They are not present in the list of this tool as well, since it uses the same source as the other tools.

Enjoy!
Amazing work dude. Thanks for being here

Terix3

Swell Supporter
Would it be possible to add ability to extract files based on partial name?
For example all texture files for sorc PHW_*.dds
or textures for new outfit : *_0020.dds ?

I wasn't able to find PAC files for the new armors using visualisation (they wouldn't open) however within extracted files i noticed that pew_10_UB_0020.dds is bra of the fox costume and PHW_10_UB_0020.dds is body for Ram horn.

Ended up extracting all textures and:
PEW_10_XX_0009.dds - UB/LB/Hel/foot - Bloody costume textures
PWW_10_XX_0020.dds - UB/Hel - Ghost bride
PHW_10_XX_0020.dds - UB/LB/Hel/Foot/cloak - Ram Horn costume
PEW_10_XX_0020.dds - UB/LB/Hand/Foot/Hel - Fox costume

ezmontie

Potential Patron
Very thorough tutorial! I appreciate your awesome work!

I am new to modding and this forum.

Here are some questions from me.

Is it the right way to do armor swap?
I tried to swap the armor from ranger's grunil upperbody (which my character currently equips) PEW_02_UB_0005.PAC to Dobart upperbody PEW_02_UB_0003.PAC by simply changing _0003 to _0005.

How about swap armor to Treant Camouflage, PEW_10_UB_0004.PAC? Do you just have to _0004 to _0005 in this case?
Treant Camo just replace the whole body if you have it equipped in the game. Will other 3 armor parts still show up?
Do I have to apply special mod files to make other 3 armor pieces invisible?

And,

I am confused about XML files for dye application. I can't find any XML generated under character folder.
If I have to create it myself, could you please provide me some instruction?

Thanks in advance. Please bear with me as I am just a newbie to this.

ezmontie

Potential Patron
BlackFireBR BlackFireBR

Yeah, I smell it. I will be careful!

I feel the gif image you left is useful as well, so I know which ones are being patched into. XD

I will find more useful stuff from replies, here and there.

yjygogogo

Potential Patron
hi when i convert color of gotha rensha, resorepless can't extract side skirt and shoes parts.
i put in PEW_00_LB_0053.pac, but only LB_0053_dm.dds , LB_0053_dec, LB_0053_dm_dec came out(not LB_0053.pac)
and foot also

how can i solve this problems?

Attachments

• upload_2016-11-4_15-41-18.png
    upload_2016-11-4_15-41-18.png
    3.6 MB · Views: 633

Coney

Potential Patron
Hi guys, Valkyrie Awakening just released and I've been messing with the armor. For some reason I can't modify pvw_00_lb_0058_hair.dds, the yellow glowing parts of the upper armor (around the torso). I figure it's a DXT5, however even as saving as a DXT5 there are still no changes. I'm trying to make it completely invisible, how can I solve this?

Here are the original textures. Edit: Removed download because of missing textures, refer to my next post.

Last edited:

shadowkat

Vivacious Visitor
Try copying one of the trans/micro textures and renaming it. Should do the job. If not i'll amend this post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.