Black Desert Online- Armor/Outfits File Names. Please don't ask about armor swapping in this thread. (2 Viewers)

BlackFireBR

Content Creator
Its probably somewhere in the forums, but what program do i use to do this?
Okay, here we go.

I use photoshop for that, so I'm going to say how to install the plugin to open the textures.
First, download and install the NVIDIA Texture Tools for Adobe Photoshop, this will allow you to open files .dds, which is the format of the textures.

I suggest if you want to start modding your textures, download any texture from this forum (PrincessNicky topic has a lot of those) and try to open them using Photoshop.

After you open the texture, click on the "channels" tab, next to "layers", it's around the bottom right region of the screen (where your tool bars are). Now all you have to do, is to paint it black the region that you want to remove, and paste the black region into the Alpha channel.

When saving, save as .dds, and when asked about the compression, select DXT1 | 1 bit alpha

If you have more questions, let me know

Kirihito

Potential Patron
adobe photoshop is out for me coz of reasons. I managed to open the files in GIMP but its really confusing. I dont know if 1 armor is split into multiple .DDS files and which part of texture is where. Is there anyway to view the texure in 3D?

Edit: I see blanks a lot of times, idk if they have any significance?

BlackFireBR

Content Creator
adobe photoshop is out for me coz of reasons. I managed to open the files in GIMP but its really confusing. I dont know if 1 armor is split into multiple .DDS files and which part of texture is where. Is there anyway to view the texure in 3D?

Edit: I see blanks a lot of times, idk if they have any significance?
I am being able to open and view the .PAC models with the 3D Object Converter
ca9CCaE.jpg

Although you have to have all the files of the armor you want to work with, extracted. The .pac, the .pab and all the textures for the armor.
The cool thing is that you can actually know what texture the file needs, because if you don't put in the same folder, it gives you an error with the name of the texture he expected:
3d03.jpg

About the blanks, it's simply texture with the alpha channel full of black. Once you save, I don't know why, but you can't see the texture anymore, even if it's just the alpha that is black.

PrincessNicky

Content Creator
I've changed my code to this:

<Conditional Code="U">
<Model Index="-">1_Pc/7_PVW/Armor/9_Upperbody/PVW_00_UB_0001.pac</Model>
<Model Index="U">1_Pc/7_PVW/Armor/9_Upperbody/PVW_00_UB_0038.pac</Model>
</Conditional>

That is supposed to change my valkyrie Agerian chest armor to this nice red outfit, but nothing is happening:
Txb6WQQ.jpg

Any ideas what I've done wrong?
I've swapped out Agerian armors for Sorceress and Witch successfully, so I'm confused.

BlackFireBR

Content Creator
I've changed my code to this:

<Conditional Code="U">
<Model Index="-">1_Pc/7_PVW/Armor/9_Upperbody/PVW_00_UB_0001.pac</Model>
<Model Index="U">1_Pc/7_PVW/Armor/9_Upperbody/PVW_00_UB_0038.pac</Model>
</Conditional>

That is supposed to change my valkyrie Agerian chest armor to this nice red outfit, but nothing is happening:

Any ideas what I've done wrong?
I've swapped out Agerian armors for Sorceress and Witch successfully, so I'm confused.
Agerian Armor for Valkyrie is PVW_02_UB_0002

Apperently bdo-fashion.com made a mistake with the images and made me make a mistake as well.I'm going to update the 1st page, thanks for pointing that out.

Can you answer the question I made about the Resorep please?

PrincessNicky

Content Creator
Agerian Armor for Valkyrie is PVW_02_UB_0002

Apperently bdo-fashion.com made a mistake with the images and made me make a mistake as well.I'm going to update the 1st page, thanks for pointing that out.

Can you answer the question I made about the Resorep please?

Yep sure, the instructions are right here at the start of the topic:
[Tool] Resorep - DirectX 11 texture replacer | Undertow
I quote:
For modders
  1. Download and install Windows x64 version of Java Runtime Environment from Java SE Runtime Environment 8 - Downloads
  2. Launch resorep.jar - double click it in Windows Explorer.
  3. It will prompt for the DirectX 11 64-bit dll location. Set it. It is usually C:\Windows\System32\d3d11.dll.
  4. Make sure that your Windows user has write rights for game folder!
  5. Click the "+" button in the "Applications to hook" section.
  6. Choose the game executable. Not the game launcher but game itself.
  7. [Optional] Change "Save original textures to" path if you wish.
  8. Launch the game.
  9. To reduce amount of captured textures, wait for the moment when the texture you are going to mod is about to be displayed for the first time.
  10. Enable the "Save original textures" checkbox when the texture you are going to mod is about to be displayed for the first time.
  11. Disable the "Save original textures" checkbox when the texture you are going to mod was displayed in-game.
  12. Open folder specified in "Save original textures to".
  13. Find the texture you are going to mod in one of the subfolders. There are different subfolders for different texture compression algorithms.
  14. Mod the texture (I use GIMP 2 for that). You may change the texture resolution as you wish as long as you keep original aspect ratio.
  15. Save the texture to other folder using the same compression algorithm and with mipmaps setting set to "Generate mipmaps". You may add arbitrary text to file name by placing ~ after number in file name and placing text after ~. E.g. "123456789~Example text.dds"
  16. Do not delete the original unmodded dds! It may be required later to autoupdate your modded textures in case of Resorep hashing algorithm change.
  17. Now when you have the modded texture use steps from the "For mod users" section.

BlackFireBR

Content Creator
Is there any difference between DXT1/5 and uncompressed?
If you save your texture in the wrong format, it won't work. DXT 5 has more bits for alpha channel. Uncompressed must be different as well.
Make sure you save it with the right compression.

tet666

Potential Patron
This is absolutely fantastic now i can make my char look however i want, any idea on how to mod weapons as well? i only found some entry's for "dagger" in the multiplemodeldesc.xml but nothing for any other weapon type.

Kirihito

Potential Patron
Jesus, I can use costumes not even available to the game yet. Playing BDO has given me another purpose. Dat pony tail on the Mai costume...Hnng.
Do you know which files are contained in the DXT1/5 uncompressed foldes?

Edit: Those people complaining about cash shop costumes prices are so laughable.

PrincessNicky

Content Creator
Jesus, I can use costumes not even available to the game yet. Playing BDO has given me another purpose. Dat pony tail on the Mai costume...Hnng.
Do you know which files are contained in the DXT1/5 uncompressed foldes?

Edit: Those people complaining about cash shop costumes prices are so laughable.

There is no set pattern to how many or which type of texture files are linked to each armor or costume.
I have just been modding the chest piece of one costume that has one DXT1 texture and three DXT5 textures just for that one chest piece.
More often the relevant files will be DXT1, but never assume you'll find everything you need in there.
The more you mod, the more you'll get used to spotting the files you want, but I still get surprises.
So far nothing useful has been in the uncompressed folders.

Happy hunting :cool:

nevermindjr

Potential Patron
Swapping with the Kibelius outfit also triggers its exclusive idle pose in game. Can someone check with a friend to see if it is server side and other people can see it or not? I don't want questions asked to me by people about how I am able to do that glorious pose in my potato sack cloths.

BlackFireBR

Content Creator
I'm pretty sure it's client-side only, the model probably only loads a specific animation file in your machine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.