Black Desert Online- Armor/Outfits File Names. Please don't ask about armor swapping in this thread. (1 Viewer)

suzu ( 鈴

Content Creator
3D Artist
Modder
I am sorry.... but I do not understand your answer :(
Build and create materials using the Hypershade | Maya | Autodesk Knowledge Network
8FioKHX.png

Last edited:

andreyka909

Potential Patron
Can someone explain me please how to make some parts of armor half transparent?

And also, is it still possible to dye the armor? how to? I didnt succeed in changing partdyeslotdesc/xml

Last edited by a moderator:

Kitty Ears

Swell Supporter
Can someone explain me please how to make some parts of armor half transparent?

And also, is it still possible to dye the armor? how to? I didnt succeed in changing partdyeslotdesc/xml

You can make part transparent by painting gray tones in the alpha channel. Black is invisible, white is visible, gray tones are in between.
You can edit the textures using Photoshop CC, PAINT.net(just erase directly on texture for the program), or other DDS friendly editing software.

As far as dying the armor I do not know, Black Fire had an explanation on how its done, but I have never tried it. I prefer painting the textures directly. The only drawback to that is everyone is wearing same color as you if they have default undyed armor.

andreyka909

Potential Patron
You can make part transparent by painting gray tones in the alpha channel. Black is invisible, white is visible, gray tones are in between.
You can edit the textures using Photoshop CC, PAINT.net(just erase directly on texture for the program), or other DDS friendly editing software.

As far as dying the armor I do not know, Black Fire had an explanation on how its done, but I have never tried it. I prefer painting the textures directly. The only drawback to that is everyone is wearing same color as you if they have default undyed armor.

How do you save it btw? I mean the Nvidia dds format. Do you use DXT5 - interpolated alpha or something else?
And I tried, Idk maybe its specific to some textures but this didnt help me

Kitty Ears

Swell Supporter
How do you save it btw? I mean the Nvidia dds format. Do you use DXT5 - interpolated alpha or something else?
And I tried, Idk maybe its specific to some textures but this didnt help me

Genteelly if it has an alpha channel it is DXT5, if not it is DXT1. However if you want to turn a texture transparent that orignally is DXT1 with no alpha you can add the alpha channel then save as DXT1 1bit Alpha.

I use Hex Edit to be sure what format each file is.

What did you try? What program did you use? if you can send me the file I can take a look at it.

Terix3

Swell Supporter
Anybody have the new queen costume files, or can tell me how to find them?
pdw_10_ub_0027.dds <- main texture file, use paz_browser to extract. Pac files with _03 at the end are for white version. There are no white costume textures, game auto dyes the black version + ignores stockings.

Kitty Ears

Swell Supporter
pdw_10_ub_0027.dds <- main texture file, use paz_browser to extract. Pac files with _03 at the end are for white version. There are no white costume textures, game auto dyes the black version + ignores stockings.
Thanks so much! May i ask how you located it? I tried the other day, but the file names just seem like random numbers to me. This way i can find new stuff on my own next time :)

Terix3

Swell Supporter
Well by checking all the files that paz_browser doesn't recognize (you can select to show names for known outfits). I checked it before event began as i was curious and we already had the costume files.
Also all newer outfits appear to use the xxx_10_xx form.

Kitty Ears

Swell Supporter
Well by checking all the files that paz_browser doesn't recognize (you can select to show names for known outfits). I checked it before event began as i was curious and we already had the costume files.
Also all newer outfits appear to use the xxx_10_xx form.
Cool thanks!

Kitty Ears

Swell Supporter
Can you guy tell me how to swap armor in first step I don't understand anything :frown:
thank XD

It can not be done and is not supported by this group. We already almost lost the ability to mod altogether because of trying to armor swap.
Since we have stopped trying to do this there has not been any attempts to stop mods and they have pretty much left us alone.

Please understand that they would see that as a potential profit loss because people could just swap in game armor for cash armor. It puts a big red bullseye on the modding community and we don't want that!

We don't want to try and do anything to bring attention to ourselves, or encourage the devs to feel they need to try and patch or punish mod usage. Thanks for understanding!

Vallil

Swell Supporter
It can not be done and is not supported by this group. We already almost lost the ability to mod altogether because of trying to armor swap.
Since we have stopped trying to do this there has not been any attempts to stop mods and they have pretty much left us alone.

Please understand that they would see that as a potential profit loss because people could just swap in game armor for cash armor. It puts a big red bullseye on the modding community and we don't want that!

We don't want to try and do anything to bring attention to ourselves, or encourage the devs to feel they need to try and patch or punish mod usage. Thanks for understanding!
This should get pinned somewhere, some still don't know about this(specially new folks around here) which should be pretty much known by every person using mods on BDO

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.