Black Desert Online- Armor/Outfits File Names. Please don't ask about armor swapping in this thread. (1 Viewer)

Kitty Ears

Swell Supporter
Looking for the default underwear heels. They for some reason reappeared. Did they change the dds file name for them??

Found it for sorceress, but ranger is bringing up nothing (PEW_02_FOOT_0000.pac)

There are a few files, how do i know what is DXT1 and what is DXT5? I know the difuse dds is DXT1, and the normals are DXT5, but what about all these other files? (_m and _sp)

Last edited:

BlackFireBR

Content Creator
Looking for the default underwear heels. They for some reason reappeared. Did they change the dds file name for them??

Found it for sorceress, but ranger is bringing up nothing (PEW_02_FOOT_0000.pac)

There are a few files, how do i know what is DXT1 and what is DXT5? I know the difuse dds is DXT1, and the normals are DXT5, but what about all these other files? (_m and _sp)
(Some other textures you have to save with the DXT5 format, to figure out if it's DXT1 or 5, follow this rule: If the texture file is less than 1MB, it's probably DXT1, if it's greater than 1MB, it's probably DXT5)

suzu ( 鈴

Content Creator
3D Artist
Modder

DXT1 is non-alpha.
DXT5 is a texture with an alpha channel. (It passes more smoothly than DXT3.)

Kitty Ears

Swell Supporter
Thanks! I was looking everywhere for that post. The search function on this website is not the best. This however is not always the case, the Dark knight diffuse dds file is 2.66mb. I do believe it is a DXT1 though... or am I mistaken?

DXT1 is non-alpha.
DXT5 is a texture with an alpha channel. (It passes more smoothly than DXT3.)
What about the DXT1 with 1 bit Alpha?

suzu ( 鈴

Content Creator
3D Artist
Modder
Thanks! I was looking everywhere for that post. The search function on this website is not the best. This however is not always the case, the Dark knight diffuse dds file is 2.66mb. I do believe it is a DXT1 though... or am I mistaken?

What about the DXT1 with 1 bit Alpha?
I think that it can mainly be used for specular effect with white alpha.

BlackFireBR

Content Creator
You can always do some trial and error. Save the current texture with a different name, and see if the result file has a similar size to the original one.

Kitty Ears

Swell Supporter
I think that it can mainly be used for specular effect with white alpha.
Ohhh i see.

You can always do some trial and error. Save the current texture with a different name, and see if the result file has a similar size to the original one.
Yeah that is what i am ding now. I was just wondering if there was a way to tell for sure, which would make the process much quicker. I can usually guess based on files I have seen before back when I used Resorep, which captured the files into DXT1 and DXT5 separately.

Thanks!

BlackFireBR

Content Creator
Ohhh i see.

Yeah that is what i am ding now. I was just wondering if there was a way to tell for sure, which would make the process much quicker. I can usually guess based on files I have seen before back when I used Resorep, which captured the files into DXT1 and DXT5 separately.

Thanks!
Well, there is an easier way to know that actually. Open any .dds file with a Hex Editor and you will see this in the header:
hex.jpg

Sausage&Eggs

Club Regular
Does anyone have info on how to remove wings from Dark Knight Kibelius? It just came out today I think.
Every once in while, Wing version of Kibelius will be available for classes. They will go away after period. You can still buy no wing version has been available for some time now.

Captain Si

Vivacious Visitor
Hello everyone just a question can any other players see the way that my characters are wearing and does anybody know if there is any other Armor for the following characters from black desert online the three characters are Ranger,Valkyrie,Witch any other armour for those three characters from black desert online

Last edited:

Sausage&Eggs

Club Regular
Hello everyone just a question can any other players see the way that my characters are wearing and does anybody know if there is any other Armor for the following characters from black desert online the three characters are Ranger,Valkyrie,Witch any other armour for those three characters from black desert online
I do not understand your second question about armor for ranger valkyrie and witch. Each class has many armors and many costumes.

All players will see what you wear. How that view depend on if the person has mod game. If I wear mod Grunil for Tamer every Tamer in game wearing Grunil will have same appearance for me. If you too have Tamer Grunil mod then you will see same as I see. If you do not have mod install you will see normal Grunil.
Do not post image in game gallery of modding. Big risk of attracting displeasure of GM.

Captain Si

Vivacious Visitor
Hello everyone just a general question with this Paz files do I put the files from extracted files do I put The files I have extracted where do I put them

Kitty Ears

Swell Supporter
Hello everyone just a general question with this Paz files do I put the files from extracted files do I put The files I have extracted where do I put them

You mean you exacted files, edited them and now want to put them in the game? if I understand correct then you put edited files into "files_to_patch" then run meta injector.

Lokiie1984

Avid Affiliate
Does anyone happen to know the file name for the Kuno cash shop armor Eunyoo?

Edit: For those that might want to know, this armor is in paz explorer but it's listed under the name of Metaphor rather then Eunyoo.

Last edited:

Kitty Ears

Swell Supporter
So i am looking for the file that controls skin color. it seems it is a very ugly overlay that puts pixalated marks on characters faces, especially darker skin tones. I tried making diffuse, specular and normal makes blank colors and the problem is still visible. is there another texture somewhere I am missing in the files that overlays?

This is a nightmare because my high res skin textures I have been working n look pixalated and splotchy with these overlays :(

I made a gif and highlighted the most offensive areas.
skin-tone-marks.gif

suzu ( 鈴

Content Creator
3D Artist
Modder
So i am looking for the file that controls skin color. it seems it is a very ugly overlay that puts pixalated marks on characters faces, especially darker skin tones. I tried making diffuse, specular and normal makes blank colors and the problem is still visible. is there another texture somewhere I am missing in the files that overlays?

This is a nightmare because my high res skin textures I have been working n look pixalated and splotchy with these overlays :(

I made a gif and highlighted the most offensive areas.
View attachment 65857
Please try various nodes with HyperShad

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.