Black Desert Online- Armor/Outfits File Names. Please don't ask about armor swapping in this thread. (3 Viewers)

suzu ( 鈴

Content Creator
3D Artist
Modder
There is a zbrush on it.
I think that it was probably also in the MAD box. To say something, it is a function to create a normal map. There is also in Maya. How to make, This is a method of preparing low polygons and high polygons for one object and projecting high polygons on low polygons. Z Brush can be done with only low polygons. I think that MAD is the same, but ... Increase the level of geometry by sub division of low polygon to make it a virtual high polygon.
It is a mechanism to project it.

Kitty Ears

Swell Supporter
Well, you might see if the normal map is less quality than the regular horse.
The normal map is what gives the illusion of 3D to 2D texture.
If you are wanting more detail on the hair.
(it might be a combination of getting a better normal map and double the size of the texture file to add more detail).
I can say the muscle tone will likely be the normal map.
(as doing it with polycount would actually be way harder and more PC intensive).

As for the seams, I'm not sure how to handle that.

You are correct. Sorry for any confusion, but I was talking about how I already fixed this on the black horse (muscle/detail ect) I did it by swapping the normal map of the black horse with the red/brown horse. The red/brown horse has, not only more muscular, but more detailed normal map.

Of952Hz.jpg

wODCJLc.jpg

After swapping the normal map I then swapped the body texture and changed it from red to black. That is how I got this result.

HGMPnX2.png

And i really like how it turned out, but I want to go further with this and add more details and custom paint some textures.
This will be much easier if I know how to access/find the the horse PAC file. :(

EDIT: Woops did not see Suzu's reply.

There are two ways to paint.

One has expanded uv from the horse's mesh (it should already exist) Separate the layers on top of the base of the horses' texture on the photoshop (make it transparent and translucent.

The other way is to paint directly on objects in MUD BOX, Maya, etc.
It is one of study. Please try it.

Yes I do this with the female body textures, I paint directly on the model with Photoshop CC.
The problem with the horse is I do not know if it is possible to get the 3D model with our current tools. Much less how to find its PAC file name.

suzu ( 鈴

Content Creator
3D Artist
Modder
You are correct. Sorry for any confusion, but I was talking about how I already fixed this on the black horse (muscle/detail ect) I did it by swapping the normal map of the black horse with the red/brown horse. The red/brown horse has, not only more muscular, but more detailed normal map.

Of952Hz.jpg

wODCJLc.jpg

After swapping the normal map I then swapped the body texture and changed it from red to black. That is how I got this result.

HGMPnX2.png

And i really like how it turned out, but I want to go further with this and add more details and custom paint some textures.
This will be much easier if I know how to access/find the the horse PAC file. :(

Yes I do this with the female body textures, I paint directly on the model with Photoshop CC.
The problem with the horse is I do not know if it is possible to get the 3D model with our current tools. Much less how to find its PAC file name.
I can not tell you because I already sleep. lol
The file name is also on occasion:rolleyes:

Le_Flemard

Potential Patron

Of952Hz.jpg

wODCJLc.jpg

HGMPnX2.png

*Sigh* Too bad that female and male horse share the same mesh file, or using mods would let you have an advantage while catching wild horses...

suzu ( 鈴

Content Creator
3D Artist
Modder

Of952Hz.jpg

wODCJLc.jpg

HGMPnX2.png

9WIoqOh.png
1gVp1br.png

bodys

OgQo4Gl.png
TdJzsRj.png

tails
Horse textures
Play with NieR Automata now
I forgot about the horse
I'm sorry

Last edited:

Kitty Ears

Swell Supporter
bodys
tails
Horse textures
Play with NieR Automata now
I forgot about the horse
I'm sorry

Yes, I have the textures (though i had not noticed the unicorn ones were in now! <3) Although that is not all the horse textures I have seen in game. I guess some of them are under a different code hmmm.

While we are on the topic though, any idea what all those red and green textures do? I noticed them for clothing and body models too, no idea what they are for. I was trying to figure it out in this post long time ago Black Desert Online Resorepless Nude Mod

I want the 3D model of the horse. sadly, I do not think we can extract anything other then human models at the moment.

Thanks Suzu! You rock!

suzu ( 鈴

Content Creator
3D Artist
Modder
Yes, I have the textures (though i had not noticed the unicorn ones were in now! <3) Although that is not all the horse textures I have seen in game. I guess some of them are under a different code hmmm.

While we are on the topic though, any idea what all those red and green textures do? I noticed them for clothing and body models too, no idea what they are for. I was trying to figure it out in this post long time ago Black Desert Online Resorepless Nude Mod

I want the 3D model of the horse. sadly, I do not think we can extract anything other then human models at the moment.

Thanks Suzu! You rock!
_m is the pattern when using stain. Changing this pattern allows you to color-code your favorite parts.
_sp is a specular. Change the diffuse light of the surface of the skin to give gloss.
_d is a diffuse.

Last edited:

suzu ( 鈴

Content Creator
3D Artist
Modder

Thanks Suzu! You rock!
It is a horse's PAC file.

The folder path is "character \ model \ 4 _riding".

Attachments

4_riding.zip
48.9 MB · Views: 173

Kitty Ears

Swell Supporter
_m is the pattern when using stain. Changing this pattern allows you to color-code your favorite parts.
_sp is a specular. Change the diffuse light of the surface of the skin to give gloss.
_d is a diffuse.

Thank you for the explanation!

It is a horse's PAC file.

The folder path is "character \ model \ 4 _riding".

Awesome! Could you explain how you got the pac file? I would like to learn how to do this myself and not trouble anyone. Is it the same model for all the horses?

Your the best <3

suzu ( 鈴

Content Creator
3D Artist
Modder
Thank you for the explanation!

Awesome! Could you explain how you got the pac file? I would like to learn how to do this myself and not trouble anyone. Is it the same model for all the horses?

Your the best <3
You can extract pac with the option of file extractor.
By the way I have pulled out everything. In slow mode it will take more than 20 hours ...

Kitty Ears

Swell Supporter
You can extract pac with the option of file extractor.
By the way I have pulled out everything. In slow mode it will take more than 20 hours ...

Well I feel silly. I totally missed this! I thought only paz browser could extract pac files.
I will have to set it to extract over the weekend.

suzu ( 鈴

Content Creator
3D Artist
Modder
Would anyone know where I might find the PAC files for the new Ahon Kirus armor, specifically for the witch?
p○w_50_ub_0007_e.pac
p○w_50_lb_0007.pac
p○w_50_sho_0007.pac
p○w_50_cloak_0007_p.pac

:p○w:→pbw,pdw,pew,phw,pkww,pnw,pvw,pww

A0qGBWc.png

Last edited:

BlackFireBR

Content Creator
suzu -- thanks for all your information always, so helpful.

Is there anyway for me to use the _m texture to actually stain an outfit to a different color from the default in gimp or photoshop? How would I go about doing it?

I'm looking at the rocaba armor for Dark Knight, and the default is brown, but I wanted a black-blue and gold version. Not sure if it's possible to use the _m texture in this case but thought I would ask. Thanks!
You can achieve that by editing the normal texture itself. In Photoshop, select the part you want to change the color with any select tool you want and press CTRL+U to enter the hue/saturation controls. Mess with the sliders to achieve the color you want, save the files and inject it using Meta Injector.

HiryuX

Potential Patron
You can achieve that by editing the normal texture itself. In Photoshop, select the part you want to change the color with any select tool you want and press CTRL+U to enter the hue/saturation controls. Mess with the sliders to achieve the color you want, save the files and inject it using Meta Injector.
Nice, thanks BlackFire! Will try that.

HiryuX

Potential Patron
Hey guys,

I tried extracting the Berserker Eckett files (pgm_02_*_0005) and some of the diffuse dds give me an error when I try to load them in either 3d converter or gimp, is there a way to fix that (extract the dds for that set correctly)? Not sure if I'm doing something wrong here. Some of the dds work but in particular the helmet and foot dds can't be opened.

Also, with certain meshes for certain armors (like this one with the foot armor), when I extract the dae to obj and import into 3ds max, it is very blocky and no matter how I smooth it, it still looks that way -- whereas with other parts (like the ub) it imports without the blockiness, any advice on that?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.