1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bayonetta Costume and Hair

Discussion in 'Invalid Requests' started by Xiobe, Sep 15, 2013.

1. Xiobe

Xiobe Potential Patron

I'm surprised this hasn't been done yet.

References: http://gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=list&tags=bayonetta_%28character%29

She has this hair style and this costume in the original game:
    http://gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=1981694

She now has shorter hair and this costume in the second game:
    http://gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=1907089

Personally it doesn't matter to me which one is made, I just love this character. If someone made her costume and hair, I'd probably make a dialog just for her character in my free time.

2. sdtgreattgame

sdtgreattgame Potential Patron

Second. She does look really cute with the short hair.

3. bananabradley

bananabradley Potential Patron

4. SyntaxTerror

SyntaxTerror Swell Supporter Content Creator

It would be very difficult to draw an hair mod with your references: the postionning of the first one is good, but its style makes its quite difficult to reproduce (blurred outside lines, very fine strands of hair near her forehead and neck, strange blue/red lightning).
    Try to find anime style references, with 2-3 colours (base, shade, light reflection). Read carefully the Reference Shot Guide to get a better idea of the kind of references needed.
    Gelbooru has 1894 images of this girl, I'm quite sure you can find good references showing her from the side there (try to post many good references and do not restrain your search to this imageboard, there are many other places to look).

5. bananabradley

what about this version: http://67.media.tumblr.com/48348814b9d7d9c3b30ad94b0193c450/tumblr_nxit4djOHd1u6rxu8o1_1280.png
    its just the drawing lines

6. SyntaxTerror

SyntaxTerror Swell Supporter Content Creator

I said before...
    If someone uses this kind of reference, he must redraw all the hair and colour it...
    Here, most of the time, the "artists" do no create hair mods, they just copy what have been made by a real artist. It is eventually possible to adapt a reference, or make one hair mod out of two or more references, but this already takes lots of extra work.
    Stuntcock explained it well in the Requesting Rules PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING A REQUEST (that you should also read attentively!):
    So do not be lazy, read carefully the Requesting Rules, read carefully the Reference shot guide, and look carefully for the best references possible.
    If you cannot find good references — whether they exist or not — your request will certainly not be fullfilled. You can check the hundreds of unfulfilled requests if you do not believe me.

7. bananabradley

i found a hair thats similar to bayo's hair in bayonetta 2 im gonna try and draw over it

Attached Files:

8. PseudoRussian

PseudoRussian Vivacious Visitor

There's been some progress towards varying elements of this request. It's not exactly cohesive or comprehensive, but it's better than nothing.
    • Bayonetta's base costume is being worked on in this thread. Most of the work is being done by stuntcock and Faceless. The different shoe guns are included, and there seems to be a white version of the suit, but I can't seem to find it (I'm probably just fuckin' blind).
      EDIT: So, I made a bit of an obvious blunder (but to be fair, I'm not used to using Settings files, so fugg u) in that at the actual download page for the costume, here, there's a settings code. Basically, make a .txt file in the character's folder named Settings, and just copypasta that shit in. If you're using a recent version of the Loader, it'll give you the option of switching between black and white costumes (each with a Wicked Weave version, no less) on that last tab.
    • Bayonetta's cat earrings, as well as a gag with a Bayonetta styling (you'll see what I mean), are on one of Faceless' import pages. The glasses are also available in the second of two swf packs (on the same page).
    • There's a hair file (non-swf, and honestly not all that good) on SyntaxTerror's 721 hairs topic.
    I seem to recall some other Bayonetta-related costumes kicking around this site, but I don't want to scour the deeps for one measly response message.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2016
  9. bananabradley

thanks for the update, kinda just been trying to draw it myself but in trial and error process right now lol

10. PseudoRussian

PseudoRussian Vivacious Visitor

All good, sometimes you just gotta do stuff yourself to get what you want just right. You might wanna consult some of the posts some artists on here have made for tips if you end up hitting some kind of block.