1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Barclay Heels

Discussion in 'Invalid Requests' started by Vladymir, Nov 18, 2016.

1. Vladymir

Vladymir Content Creator

I have a normal request, its a platform heel mod called Barclay heels that ive been looking for for around a week. Particularly in the color black but if you can make it rgb adjustable that would be alright too. Here are some reference examples - https://www.google.com/search?q=bar...2K7QAhWn6IMKHSJ1Db4Q_AUICSgC&biw=1280&bih=694
    I also have a pic here, cant tell you how much i want a heel mod like these tbh
    [​IMG]

2. PseudoRussian

PseudoRussian Vivacious Visitor

Hi there. Your post has been moved to the "Invalid Requests" branch of the SDT Forum for a couple of pretty obvious reasons (at least, obvious to me; I've been here a while).

First, it's important to know if you've actually looked for your request. It's rather silly, but one reason so many requests end up being labeled as "invalid" is because they've genuinely already been filled. Plus, if yours really has been filled and you just didn't look hard enough, it makes you seem like you don't care about the mods wasting their time.

Second, your reference shots. Hoo boy. Alright, so:
    • I don't know if this was an accident or not, but the actual image you posted is small as hell, and can't be enlarged and doesn't link to a larger version of it. That's a big no-no, which is unfortunate because that one in the middle on the left is actually quite good.
    • do not-I repeat, do not-link google image searches. Ever. It's lazy, and more than that it's pointless; there are so many different versions of the one thing you want that any "good" reference shots are lost in the bad ones. How are the artists supposed to know what you want and what you don't want if you don't include accurate reference shots and a concise description? Plus, the point of linking reference shots in the first place is so that artists don't need to hunt for what you want. There's an important balance between the artist and the requester in that you supply the request in as much clear and concise detail as possible, along with any and all reference shots that abide by the rules for "quality" reference shots that you can find, and the artist fills your request on their own time.
    Lastly, though it's my own personal pet peeve, try to use proper grammar. It's hard to convey exactly what you want when you don't do it appropriately, if not eloquently.

Hope this helped.

3. Vladymir

Vladymir Content Creator

Yea I had a feeling that linking google images was a bad idea, But Im pretty new here so I wouldn't know what I should do to make my request more attractive to modders, but you did help though, thanks :D