Assassin's Creed Series (1 Viewer)

Which is your favorite ryona in the AC Series?

• AC: Brotherhood

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • AC: Revelations

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • AC III

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • AC IV: Black Flag

Votes: 8 22.9%
  • AC Syndicate

Votes: 8 22.9%
  • AC Origins

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • AC Odyssey

Votes: 13 37.1%
  • AC Valhalla

Votes: 2 5.7%

• Total voters

Ryona Unite

Casual Client
About:
Assassin's Creed is an action-adventure stealth video game franchise created by Patrice Désilets, Jade Raymond and Corey May, developed mainly by Ubisoft Montreal using the game engine Anvil and its more advanced derivatives. It depicts a centuries-old struggle, now and then, between the Assassins, who fight for peace with free will, and the Templars, who desire peace through control. The series features historical fiction, science fiction and characters, intertwined with real-world historical events and figures. For the majority of time players control an Assassin in the past history, while they also play as Desmond Miles or an Assassin Initiate in the present day, who hunt down their Templar targets. A new story and time period are introduced in each entry, and gameplay elements evolve from the previous one. There are three story arcs in the series. For the first five main games, the framing story is set in 2012 and features series protagonist Desmond Miles who uses a machine called the Animus and relives the memories of his ancestors to find a way to avert the 2012 apocalypse. In games up until and including Assassin's Creed Syndicate, Abstergo employees and Assassin initiates recorded genetic memories using the Helix software, helping the Templars and Assassins find new Pieces of Eden in the modern world. The latest two games, Assassin's Creed Origins and Assassin's Creed Odyssey follow ex-Abstergo employee Layla Hassan as she is recruited into the Assassin Order.

List of Games (excluding handheld and mobile titles):
Assassin's Creed
Assassin's Creed II
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
Assassin's Creed: Revelations
Assassin's Creed III
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
Assassin's Creed Rogue
Assassin's Creed Unity
Assassin's Creed Syndicate
Assassin's Creed Origins
Assassin's Creed Odyssey
Assassin's Creed Valhalla

How is the ryona for this franchise?
Starting from Assassin's Creed Brotherhood to IV, Ubisoft introduced multiplayer components where you can play as a female characters. There is a number of good execution with the inclusion of ragdoll make it great. However from AC: Unity onward, Ubisoft strip off the multiplayer parts in order to focus more on single-player components which can be devastated but it good at the same time. AC: Unity onward also introduced a takedown death animation from enemies and continue to improve further more with Origins. The death camera has been terrible from AC1 to Syndicate since it continuously pan away from your character but AC: Origins fix it and now the camera is now up-close to the character deaths.

Ryona Unite

Casual Client
Assassin's Creed III: Liberation

Assassin's Creed Syndicate

Assassin's Creed Origins

Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Assassin's Creed Unity

Last edited:

Rag40

Swell Supporter
Sheesh, this website is a ghost town nowadays, huh? That is unfortunate...

Anyway, I used to enjoy the AC Multiplayer modes. Some of the female character designs were nice looking and some of the executions were pretty sweet. I also used to love the amount of ryona sounds that you could extract from the game's files. Each language would come with it's own specific ryona sounds and some of them were pretty damn good. I always like collecting various damage and death sounds for modding other games.

Regarding singleplayer ryona, I really liked the look of Evie, but the goddamn death screen was terrible. You could have Lucy Thorne start some beatdown animations on Evie, but the damn game would immediately go into that stupid "Desynchronized" death screen.

More recently, with Odyssey, we have a much less intrusive death screen. Like you said, they actually keep the camera focused on your character while they are dying. However, I do have two issues with Odyssey's ryona, one minor and one major.

Minor issue: I simply would like more kill animations. I kind of wish the enemies could use the same kill animations as the player. We get tons of different ones to use for every weapon type, but enemies only have one specific kill for each weapon.

Major issue: Audio! Where the fuck is the audio for the main character when they are dying? Audio is integral for my enjoyment of ryona and Kassandra is completely silent during all the death animations. It freaking blows. They better fix this shit in Valhalla. Between this and the For Honor executions, Ubisoft has completely dropped the ball on the audio aspect of their kill animations.

Speaking of Valhalla, there are supposedly a lot more enemy types now. We will see how true that is. Lets hope they keep the less intrusive death screen and add some actual audio for when the main character dies.

giugo

Swell Supporter
I remember beating the hell out of poor female civilians around Monteriggioni in Assassin's Creed 2. I played 2, Brotherhood, Revelations, 4, Rogue and Syndicate. Rogue and Syndicate are definitely my favourite. Both have female enemies and great kill animations, I've killed so many female enemies in Syndicate with both Evie and Jacob....here are a couple videos from my channel with those poor, poor ladies taking the beating of their life!

Edit: why you guys are only talking about our character's Ryona? We have lots of civilians and female enemies to beat up and kill in these games!

Rag40

Swell Supporter
Well, you should know me by now, lol. I am not really a fan of weaklings getting destroyed. I like to see badass girls who are "supposed" to win get humiliated and defeated by the female baddies.

Now, that is not to say that I can't find any enjoyment out of random baddies getting beaten. As long as their sounds and animations fit my tastes then I can enjoy it. But it won't ever be as good for me as seeing a main character on the losing end.

Just a random example, but I don't want to watch Buffy killing random female vamps. I would rather see a random female vamp kill Buffy. It's just infinitely more intriguing to me. But I can only speak for myself. Everyone else has their own quirks and things that they look for.

giugo

Swell Supporter
I definitely know your tastes Rag, I was mainly talking to OP!
But both are classified as Ryona, and these games luckily have both female protagonists in trouble AND civilians/female bos that you can beat up for good! Hope Valhalla will have good Ryona content.

Rag40

Swell Supporter
Actually, that is another good change with Odyssey. Killing random civilians no longer causes you to become desynchronized, lol. Problem is that you can't actually perform your assassination or finishing move animations on civilians in Odyssey so it's worthless.

Hoping for some decent hand to hand brawling animations from Valhalla. Actually, just hoping for some decent animations in general. I feel like Origins and Odyssey have taken large steps backwards in the quality of their animations. I think it was an effort to make the combat more "responsive", but that doesn't mean that the actual finishing move animations need to look like shit, lol.

AC Unity's kill animations look way more fluid than Origins and Odyssey and the ragdolls actually seem to have weight to them. For Honor proves that Ubisoft can still make some quality looking mo-capped kill animations, but for whatever reason the AC games have gone backwards in this regard.

giugo

Swell Supporter
Definitely, just check Rogue and Syndicate kills animations and compare to Odyssey executions. Those are so bad, and it's a shame cause some enemies are quite hot and the graphics are good.

Ryona Unite

Casual Client
Sheesh, this website is a ghost town nowadays, huh? That is unfortunate...

Anyway, I used to enjoy the AC Multiplayer modes. Some of the female character designs were nice looking and some of the executions were pretty sweet. I also used to love the amount of ryona sounds that you could extract from the game's files. Each language would come with it's own specific ryona sounds and some of them were pretty damn good. I always like collecting various damage and death sounds for modding other games.

Regarding singleplayer ryona, I really liked the look of Evie, but the goddamn death screen was terrible. You could have Lucy Thorne start some beatdown animations on Evie, but the damn game would immediately go into that stupid "Desynchronized" death screen.

More recently, with Odyssey, we have a much less intrusive death screen. Like you said, they actually keep the camera focused on your character while they are dying. However, I do have two issues with Odyssey's ryona, one minor and one major.

Minor issue: I simply would like more kill animations. I kind of wish the enemies could use the same kill animations as the player. We get tons of different ones to use for every weapon type, but enemies only have one specific kill for each weapon.

Major issue: Audio! Where the fuck is the audio for the main character when they are dying? Audio is integral for my enjoyment of ryona and Kassandra is completely silent during all the death animations. It freaking blows. They better fix this shit in Valhalla. Between this and the For Honor executions, Ubisoft has completely dropped the ball on the audio aspect of their kill animations.

Speaking of Valhalla, there are supposedly a lot more enemy types now. We will see how true that is. Lets hope they keep the less intrusive death screen and add some actual audio for when the main character dies.
Agree. Starting from Origins, there no audio for main character when they died lol. Hopefully Valhalla fix it and still retain the attractive character design. I like Kassandra but I wish she is not that buff like a man xD Elise is still by far the most beautiful female character in Assassins Creed franchise but too bad she is not playable. Ubisoft already put playable female character in Unity during the development phase but was remove halfway. What a shame.

Rag40

Swell Supporter
Agree. Starting from Origins, there no audio for main character when they died lol. Hopefully Valhalla fix it and still retain the attractive character design. I like Kassandra but I wish she is not that buff like a man xD Elise is still by far the most beautiful female character in Assassins Creed franchise but too bad she is not playable. Ubisoft already put playable female character in Unity during the development phase but was remove halfway. What a shame.
Yeah, the sad part is that I love that whole "musketeer" aesthetic that Unity had and would have loved to see all the different customization options that Elise would have had if she were a playable character. Definitely a missed opportunity there.

RyonaDamsels

Ryonani Teamster
I liked the Ryona in Liberation only because of the Bearhug from Behind on Aveline , I made a video for it many years ago and was posted in this Website's Youtube channel

Also , I want to Thank you Ryona Unite Ryona Unite for all your efforts recently , like R Rag40 said this place most of time became now a Ghost Town regarding Ryona so it is always a pleasure to see people like you with great efforts and I hope u keep up the great work

Last edited:

Ryona Unite

Casual Client
I liked the Ryona in Liberation only because of the Bearhug from Behind on Aveline , I made a video for it many years ago and was posted in this Website's Youtube channel

Also , I want to Thank you Ryona Unite Ryona Unite for all your efforts recently , like R Rag40 said this place most of time became now a Ghost Town regarding Ryona so it is always a pleasure to see people like you with great efforts and I hope u keep up the great work

Yeah, too bad it was tame but it was a start of AC having great ryona elements. I did a video of it before but I removed it because not many people satisfy with it lol. I put your video in the front page instead.

No problem :) I did what I could. I know ryona is a niche things but I wish there is more people growing over here.

giugo

Swell Supporter
Yeah, too bad it was tame but it was a start of AC having great ryona elements.
AC 2 had Ryona elements, beating up civilians IS Ryona, not the type of Ryona you guys enjoy, but it's Ryona nonetheless. Dunno why you guys won't recognize it.

Rag40

Swell Supporter
Actually, it was interesting that you could perform assassination maneuvers on civilians in the old AC games. But then the stupid screen would glitch out with the animus effect and you could only take out 3 civilians until it completely desynced you. Still, it was something.

giugo

Swell Supporter
Not if you beat them up, without killing them. You can beat them up all you want. But I think they changed the animations in the remastered for PS4/Xbox one sadly.

RyonaDamsels

Ryonani Teamster
AC 2 had Ryona elements, beating up civilians IS Ryona, not the type of Ryona you guys enjoy, but it's Ryona nonetheless. Dunno why you guys won't recognize it.
Actually, it was interesting that you could perform assassination maneuvers on civilians in the old AC games. But then the stupid screen would glitch out with the animus effect and you could only take out 3 civilians until it completely desynced you. Still, it was something.

My favorite part of this is at Black Flag , Where I can Stealth knockout Female Civillians from behind and handgagging them and them making a gag sounds , then Carry them Over the shoulder

Rag40

Swell Supporter
Yeah, that is another thing that I enjoyed with the older AC games, the sounds the female characters made were way better than Origins/Odyssey.

Ryona Unite

Casual Client
Just upload Assassin's Creed Origins video. It was surprisingly pretty good and even better than Odyssey. Aya is such a beautiful character and that expression when dying is just a fine nice detail that Odyssey missing.

kubi mage

Club Regular
You actually can perform finishers on civilians in Odyssey, it's just that you won't know which ones until you start a fight near them. If you're lucky they'll grab a weapon and then all you have to do is save them for last. Also if you get used to the story maker you can create a scenario where they replace normal soldiers and then you can assassinate them as well.

Older AC ryona... I remember one very specific part in AC1 that I loved which involved a party that devolves into chaos and in the group were a few belly dancers running around in a circle, giving you a rare easy chance to perform the vs. running assassinations on them. Aside from this part the only fun to be had in that game was carefully leading the women in the base to the outside, where the game no longer protects them from whatever you can do to them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.