[Ariel Little Mermaid] Revise this hair png to dynamic? (1 Viewer)

PyramidHead

Potential Patron
This is the best Ariel hair I've found here. Unfortunately it's static, and for such huge hair that's a death knell because it doesn't look good.

I'm surprised she's not a more popular character and this hasn't already been thought of and done (Rusty's Imports nails everything else about Ariel down pat).
2051-ariel_zpsf29f51cc.png

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
You should read Dynamic Hair Positioning by SClover.

According to what Konashion says in his tutorial, to make dynamic hair, it must be as straight and vertical as possible, and Ariel's hair does not seem appropriate to do this.
Also if the actual hair is modified to make it straight, I don't think it will look like Ariel anymore...

Actually I just read the turorial but I never tried to make some dynamic hairs, someone more experienced than I am may be capable to do something.

PyramidHead

Potential Patron
I don't know Flash but I am an artist (ink n' paper). After reading that tutorial post, and looking at Ariel's hair with an eye for shadow puppet design... I think it shouldn't be too difficult.

A few major tufts of hair would be their own things, with their own "origin points". The big tuft of forelock hair would be 1... that strand that curves down right over her ear would be 1... They would move independently from the main body of the hair.

As for the major body of the hair... It looks like a big S but it's so thick you can draw a straight line through it. The only difficulty is that dark area down the middle. That either needs to be erased, or the body of the hair should be divided into 2 separate vertical pieces that wave independently of each other.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.