Arachne (soul eater) mod request (1 Viewer)

Pyrothos

Potential Patron
I'm hoping that someone out there can put together a mod for Arachne from Soul Eater. Just the Hair would be cool, though i'd adore it if the dress could be pulled off(with or without the sleeve parts, I remember a Blair mod I saw had her sleeve parts wrapped around the arms as a way to handle the dangling parts).
I've attached a couple reference images( My apologies if they aren't the best for the job, my searching turned up little that fit the forum rules), let me know if you need anything further, I'd be happy to see what i can dig up.

tR6o8VD.jpg

6EQjFlt.jpg

NtzlKkM.png

stuntcock

Content Creator
Hello P Pyrothos . Welcome to the Undertow forum.

I'm hoping that someone out there can put together a mod for Arachne from Soul Eater. Just the Hair would be cool
A faithful reproduction of the original hairstyle (as shown in your images) wouldn't be an ideal fit for the SDT art style. The game is fairly bright and it relies on three-tone shading; Arachne's hair design lacks shading and has no apparent light source. It also lacks internal lines; it's basically just a big black blob. The hair is gathered into a high bun and we would expect to see many lines converging towards that feature ... but we don't. The simplified design makes sense when the creator knows that the character will appear mostly in dimly-lit scenes, but if we're going to bring her into a different game then we may need to adapt the design.

Example: Tifa Lockhart's hair is canonically black, but @Konashion reddened it somewhat for SDT because a true black fill is difficult to distinguish from its outline. For a more recent example, look at D-Oxygen's Ara Haan hairstyle - it preserves the "pale skin + dark hair" aesthetic while including enough detail to be visually engaging.

The Arachne hair doesn't include much detail (in its lines, shading, layering, etc); I could trace it in a few minutes without omitting anything. This is especially significant if you want it to animated, because IMO it simply isn't worth the effort of animating such a simple sprite. One reason why you might want to animate it is to show off the spider earring, which would tend to be hidden by a static hairstyle (it isn't even visible in your reference images).

I'd suggest that you look for additional images. Brightly-lit scenes from the anime (such as the battle scene from your third image) might work. Promotional art might work. Fan-colored manga panels might work.

i'd adore it if the dress could be pulled off(with or without the sleeve parts, I remember a Blair mod I saw had her sleeve parts wrapped around the arms as a way to handle the dangling parts).
When you're asking for a significant change to a design, it's useful to include a rough sketch (or a scribbled-over screenshot, or a photomanipulation, or something similar) to give us an idea of what you mean. Especially since your reference images don't provide a clear sense of how the original sleeves are shaped, how they fit, or how they move.

It also isn't clear how the foot area ought to be handled. Does the character wear shoes? Would her feet be entirely covered by her dress -- even when kneeling? The simplest fix here is to provide a reference -- either an existing SDT mod, or a side-view image of an anime character kneeling/lying while wearing in a long dress (not necessarily Arachne, of course -- it doesn't even need to be a black dress) which we could imitate for this project.

ATTACH ATTACH ATTACH
Please don't attach reference images. There's a "remote upload images" tool at the bottom of the page which allows you to post your files to imgur and then embed them into your posts. You're welcome to use another imagehost if you dislike imgur. Attaching images is a (very minor) waste of storage space on the Undertow server.

Pyrothos

Potential Patron
All right, i will do a bit more searching to come up with the requested stuff and edit the original post as per request. also, thanks for the tip on the remote uploader, i didn't even notice it when I made the post!

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.