Anyone else enjoy wrestling images/comics? (1 Viewer)

perfectslam

Potential Patron
Have been slowly getting back into doing work with Poser. I generally prefer to do mixed but open to quite a bit. Anything people would like to see more of?

I used to have some REALLY nice textures done (including an awesome suit for a Japanese wrestler at one time) but I lost a lot of my work with an HDD crash. Been slowly rebuilding my bump, displacement and texture maps.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheCrimsonRisk

Ryonani Teamster
Wow, those are some really nice outfits. I like the poses on the ladies too, not too exaggerated but still expressive. Can't wait to see you put up some wrestling holds.

perfectslam

Potential Patron
Those are all pretty cheap, except for the masked guy. But the way I set up the textures in Photoshop, I can make gear textures for the guys very very quickly now. I did this one below in a couple of minutes; it's a bit dark but I wasn't paying attention to lighting. I need to make/get more skin textures for the guys because the face texture went missing so I had to resort to a mask.

Have sort of been doing it for the ladies as well though they're a LOT harder to do. For instance, I've was going to try and recreate that awesome suit for V4 but ended up doing a Rainbow Mika. Took about 5 hours of work to get this far.

I'd have to do something to make the frills; I spent about 45 min looking for some online but couldn't really find any. The Mika on the right has some post work done in Photoshop. If I ever decided to, the next step would be to add bump and displacement maps to bring out even more detail, especially on the boots which have no texturing whatsoever.

Other fun ways of using V4 Bodysuit:
**was deleted by ImageShack**

Same figure, same "clothing", just different textures and transparency maps.

Last edited by a moderator:

anotherguttersnipe

Ryonani Teamster
I have a deviantart channel with the sort of stuff you're doing. I'm waiting to upgrade my laptop before I really get into it though. Running daz off of 3GB of Ram is not fun.

perfectslam

Potential Patron
All I can say is backup frequently. I didn't and I used to have tons of really good poser gear/textures.

I'm running PoserPro 2010 on an iMac Quad Core 3.4GHz with 4GB RAM and it's not so bad. Sometimes it can be.

anotherguttersnipe

Ryonani Teamster
Oh, I know what you mean. I'd be working for hours on a set of poses, and then Daz crashes, and I'd be like FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU........................

My next laptop will run at least 8GB ram. I wanna run complex setups smoothly and efficiently.

perfectslam

Potential Patron
There are ways you can get "around" having huge files. One trick is to render layers. Render the background, then the ring, then the "action", then things like the ref. Then merge the exported png/jpg files in Photoshop into a final image. You have to watch lighting, esp. shadows. That's why I stick with ambient occlusion and 0% shadows for all lights, and the lights are all "balanced" over the scene.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.