Another Dead Island Billboard Retex (1 Viewer)

crazipowerz

Potential Patron
Another Dead Island Billboard Retex Mod

This is a textmod file that reskins the Billboards in Dead Island

2015-05-25_00001.jpg 2015-05-25_00002.jpg 2015-05-25_00003.jpg 2015-05-25_00004.jpg 2015-05-25_00005.jpg 2015-05-25_00006.jpg 2015-05-25_00007.jpg 2015-05-25_00008.jpg 2015-05-25_00009.jpg 2015-05-25_00010.jpg 2015-05-25_00011.jpg 2015-05-25_00012.jpg 2015-05-25_00013.jpg 2015-05-25_00014.jpg

Some in game samples. Generally they will be large breasted girls, and hopefully themed properly to where they pop up.

Huge thanks to Xellos49698 for making the original and helping me figure this all out. You are awesome.

Other wise hope you like it. Let me know if something doesn't work. I may try to redo it and theme them better. Thanks. Have fun.

Booboards for DI

New Link

Last edited by a moderator:

crazipowerz

Potential Patron
Nice will make the play through fun again. thanks for the hard work.

You are very welcome I hope it all works out for you and you like the pics. The hard work was really pioneered by Xellos, I just used the idea and re-themed and packed it. With his permission of course. Happy that it's worth a play through for you. Enjoy the girls and the game :cool:

xellos49698

Content Creator
Nice job, Crazipowerz , I still like the original better, but I'm happy that you were able to make your own billboard mod.

crazipowerz

Potential Patron
Happy that you approve. Thanks for all the help Xellos. As I stated your is awesome, it's the original. I only wanted to change it to my personal tastes. Then figured why not share if maybe there are a few others who like the same. Either way your awesome for helping me out.

M

MODSRBEST

I cannot get the link to work to get the file. Only get the ability to upload from the Filedropper website

Last edited by a moderator:

crazipowerz

Potential Patron
Ok added another link on mediafire, hope that one works for you. Thanks for letting me know that there was a problem. Hopefully Fixed.

cls31219

Potential Patron
I can't seem to get the mod working. I bought the Dead Island games from steam. I'm using the mod and Texmod on the Definitive Edition version 1.1.2.0. I've also tried Texmod and my mod on the regular version of Dead Island. I'm thinking my Texmod is being blocked by steam. I have my Texmod and my mod in my Dead Island Definitive Edition folder. Every time I try to load my mod using Texmod the game wont start. Can you tell me what's wrong and how do I get Texmod working on steam?

Last edited:

xellos49698

Content Creator
Steam was changed to make it hard to use Texmod. It can still work though.

You need to go into your Steam folder with Dead Island and rename DeadIsland.exe to DDeadIsland.exe and Texmod to DeadIsland.exe.

Use Steam to run Dead Island, this should launch Tex mod. Now you need to go back and rename Dead Island.exe back to Tex mod and DDeadIsland.exe back to DeadIsland.exe.

Then select the DeadIsland.exe file as your target application and run Dead Island Billboard Retex. Kind of a pain, but it is what is.

xellos49698

Content Creator
Just test my mod and it works fine. I left DeadIslandGame.exe as tex mod and selected zDeadIslandGame.exe which was the original exe file for the game, which is the old simpler method. Opened the folder in tex mod, select the mod, and it ran. Test out this version too, no change.
1.png
2.jpg

Maybe it's a setting issue.... I know sometimes you may have to change your graphic cards setting to run in Directx9 for certain games. I can't remember if this is one of them, but it the only thing I can think of.

cls31219

Potential Patron
Where do I find my Graphic Card settings? I have HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC AMD A6-6310 APU AMD Radeon R4 Graphics 64 bit operating system with Windows 10 Home Edition.

xellos49698

Content Creator
For AMD you should have the Catalyst Control Center.
ATI, AMD Radeon Catalyst Control Center.png

I can't tell you exactly where to go, but it should have specific game settings just like Nvidia Control Panel does.

cls31219

Potential Patron
I don't have AMD Catalyst Control Center or if I do I don't know where to find it, but I just downloaded AMD Radeon Settings. What do I do now?

xellos49698

Content Creator
Try to match the same settings I posted in the 2 screen shots. Hopefully, that does it for you, if not I'm not sure what else you can do.

cls31219

Potential Patron
Are these settings for the Dead Island Definitive Edition game or Texmod? Only options I don't have is Anti-Aliasing Samples and Filter in Anti-Aliasing settings and Anisotropic Filtering Level in Texture Filtering. But everything else matches the way that you've done it for AMD.

xellos49698

Content Creator
Dead Island... I really hope that the mod is now working for you. If it's not, I have no other ideas why your experiencing a problem running this mod.

cls31219

Potential Patron
after Texmod appears when launching game through steam and you change DeadIslandGame.exe back to Texmod.exe and DDeadIslandGame.exe to DeadIslandGame.exe. Is the DeadIslandGame.exe supposed have the Texmod icon beside the executable because that's what keeps happening when I change executable back to normal when using Texmod.

Last edited:

cls31219

Potential Patron
I figured out what the problem was the steam updates were blocking Texmod from working. I just uninstalled and reinstalled the game with updates disabled and launched game through Texmod. Works great now but I wish I could've been able to use the mod in the Definitive Edition because I tried the mod on Definitive Edition and it doesn't work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.