Animtools won't load (1 Viewer)

Kirbster

Potential Patron
All right, I'm at the end of my rope, here. I followed the tutorial videos provided very carefully and I've searched other peoples' threads on the matter, but nothing seems to be working.

I have a half-dozen mods working fine, but animtoolsV5 just doesn't seem to want to load. I have the swf file in the root folder; the .swf, the settings and even the .fla in the $INIT$ folder; I have all of the poses as well as the settings file in the Settings folder; I have the mods.txt in both the Mods folder and the $INIT$ folder recognize the .swf... but every time I run the Loader, it is the only mod that won't load. I also tried loading it after initialization and even just on its own, but it doesn't seem to want to work. I can open the .swf in "edit mode," that said, but of course that's not what I'm really after.

Any ideas, folks? Any minutae I might have overlooked? Thanks in advance.

sby

Content Creator
Coder
unclear if you have done this, but you need the animtoolsv5.swf in the $init folder as well if you want the loader to be able to load it on startup.

so there are actually 2 copies of the animtoolsv5.swf, one in the root folder to use as an editor, and one elsewhere (either in a character folder or the $init folder) to be loaded by the loader.

although, manually trying to load the mod through the sdt modding tab should have worked if you chose animtoolsv5.swf

Kirbster

Potential Patron
Ah, I'm sorry if I did not make it clear, but I do have animtoolsV5.swf in the $INIT$ folder. (There is also a third copy in the Mods folder, just to be safe.)

I have also tried loading it manually in the Modding Tab after the program started, but it just resets the girl and says "Mod Loading Failed" in the top-right every time. I haven't a clue where I've gone wrong....

sby

Content Creator
Coder
fastest way to solve it through help: upload your sdt folder for me to look at (compress it into a zip)

Kirbster

Potential Patron
All right... that is a very generous offer, ha ha.
I'm sorry for this little nuisance I'm sure you deal with every now and then, but I really appreciate the help. Thanks.

ModGuy

Content Creator
Outdated loader version. 5.19c Didact is not current.

EDIT:
Confirmed. Updating fixes this issue.
Attachment will be removed.

Kirbster

Potential Patron
Ah, that indeed did the trick! I can admit that updating the loader didn't even occur to me.

Well, thanks so much for the help, guys, and for doing so in such a swift manner. I really appreciate it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.