Animtool installation (1 Viewer)

Novasis

Potential Patron
Hi,

I need your help, i want to install animtool but it does not walk, I have no information when I insert the mod. I am a new on the site and I am still sad

Could you help me to install this mod?

Thanks, and sorry for my english

stuntcock

Content Creator
It would be easier for you to install the Sby Loader Pack instead. You can download it here. Assuming that you're still new to SDT, I recommend that you simply delete and replace your entire SDT folder with the contents of sby's pack.

You'll lose any custom characters that you've created, but you're guaranteed to get a working copy of Animtools. You can then re-create your custom characters and proceed to play the game.

We could attempt to fix the specific problem that you've encountered, but it will be difficult due to translation and miscommunication.

S

sylar8998

It would be easier for you to install the Sby Loader Pack instead. You can download it here. Assuming that you're still new to SDT, I recommend that you simply delete and replace your entire SDT folder with the contents of sby's pack.

You'll lose any custom characters that you've created, but you're guaranteed to get a working copy of Animtools. You can then re-create your custom characters and proceed to play the game.

We could attempt to fix the specific problem that you've encountered, but it will be difficult due to translation and miscommunication.
Hey man I loaded the Sby Loader Pack but the loader selection only presents a little of the positions from the folder. Also, the new ones that I've added to the folder doesn't show either. Could it be because I'm searching the positions in the wrong place? I search them in the loader page in the game.

stuntcock

Content Creator
Also, the new ones that I've added to the folder doesn't show either.
You're expecting SDT to discover all of the TXT files in your animtools position folder and then display them in the Loader menu. Flash applications cannot do that. Security rules forbid Flash applications from searching your disk indiscriminately for a particular category of files (such as *.txt or *.swf).

Flash applications must provide a specific filepath in order to access anything on your local disk. This filepath can be provided by the user, or by the programmer, but it can't be a wildcard. The application can prompt the user to choose a particular file, but the user must complete the action. If this rule didn't exist, then Flash applications would be able to easily steal confidential information from your PC.

You have a set of buttons in the Loader menu because they correspond to filenames provided by sby sby . You can see these filenames in the animtoolsV20settings.txt file, in the customloadkey section (customloadkey1, customloadkey2, etc). sby sby has chosen a few of the most popular positions and attached them to buttons so that they'll be easier for everyone to use. If someone experiments with the game (instead of spending hours scrutinizing all of the README files) and clicks on random buttons, then they'll still have a chance to discover the position-changing feature.

If you want to use other position files (which you've downloaded or created) then you have two options:
  • press F2 during gameplay.
    • You'll be prompted to choose a TXT file. Select the one which you want, and it will be loaded immediately.
    • You'll need to repeat this process each time that you want to load the file, which can be somewhat cumbersome (especially if your folder contains dozens of different files).
  • open up your animtoolsV20settings.txt file using a text editor.
    • Add additional lines in the customloadkey section, following the numbering scheme which is already present there.
    • Each line should identify one position file, but you can omit the file extension. Just imitate the pattern which sby has laid out.
    • You'll then need to restart the SDT Loader, at which point you should see additional buttons corresponding to your newly-added lines.
    • If one of the new buttons doesn't work then please double-check your spelling. Flash doesn't understand a "near miss" and it can't autocorrect your errors. The game is relying on you to transcribe filenames perfectly (or you can just copy-paste them).

stuntcock

Content Creator
how install .7z for SDT ?
You cannot install *.7z files. Instead, please download the 7zip application and use it to extract the *.7z file onto your local disk. You can then look for applicable files (such as *.swf or *.mod) and try to load them into your SDT game.

But the two most relevant files (sby Loader Pack and animtools) are distributed in *.zip format. If you've found a *.7z file then it's possible that you're looking at an outdated download link, or that you've accidentally acquired an unnecessary file. I would encourage you to visit sby's thread and download the sby Loader Pack.

Manually installing SDT mod files can be difficult, especially because most of the documentation is exclusively in English (and because the documentation includes some confusing technical jargon). You're more likely to achieve success if you use one of the prepared packages.

sby

Content Creator
Coder
if i uploaded something in .7z, it was by accident. i always used .zip format due to built in support in windows.
or you know, i didn't upload it xD

The Hacker Known As Snow

Admin
Content Creator
¡¡How to install AnimtoolsV23?!! help me :u

To install Animtools you will need the Loader. Once you have that installed:
  1. Copy animtoolsV23.swf to your /Loader/ folder.
    1.1 Runs this file to create positions.
  2. Copy of animtoolsV23.swf again to you /Loader/Mods/$INIT$ folder.
  3. Edit the Mods.txt in the same folder and add "animtoolsV23.swf" to a new line and save.
  4. Copy animtoolsV23settings.txt to your /Loader/Settings Folder.
  5. Run the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.