All my email adresses banned by admin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getter

Potential Patron
I am trying to register but all my email adresses have been banned by the admin. What can I do?

fleet

Staff member
Where (what country) do you live?
Try creating a new e-mail address using hotmail or gmail, and use it to register from someplace different than your home (such as a library or coffee shop). If that does not work, reply to this e-mail and inlcude your username and e-mail. I will alert the site admin.

Getter

Potential Patron
Where (what country) do you live?
Try creating a new e-mail address using hotmail or gmail, and use it to register from someplace different than your home (such as a library or coffee shop). If that does not work, reply to this e-mail and inlcude your username and e-mail. I will alert the site admin.
I am sitting in Germany. My username is "Getter". I am not sure I want to disclose my private mail adress here. I would rather like to mail this to a PM adress.

fleet

Staff member
See if you can send me a PM.
Very respectfully,
fleet (global moderator)

fleet

Staff member
Additional information:
Why was my registration blocked?

We're trying to use the least annoying captchas and instead employ multiple spammer databases to combat registration of bots and the like.

It is entirely possible your e-mail is on one of these databases if you've ever had your e-mail account compromised by a trojan or malware. We don't manage these lists and if your IP, e-mail, or username are on them it's your responsibility to have them removed from them once you feel your e-mail is no longer compromised. We automatically block registrations based on them and in the interest of minimizing time spent managing spam and false registration, we will not change our policy on this. We suggest using an alternate e-mail address if possible.

Alternatively, you're free to register using an anonymous e-mail service like Mailinator or something similar, however be aware that e-mail services such as watched threads and PM notices will not be readily available to your account.

Getter

Potential Patron
A PM is going to be difficult without having an adress. I am too old for this ...

Getter

Potential Patron
Ok, here is my email adress

EDIT: Deleted his e-mail to prevent spamming

Last edited by a moderator:

fleet

Staff member
I'm sorry you are having difficulty.
I'm erasing your e-mail so others don't spam you. I'll send a private message to the site admin and ask that he manually activate your account.
Please be advised that the site admin isn't here every day, so it might be two days before you get activated.

fleet

Staff member
Getter,
The site admin activated your account. Welcome to Undertow.
Very respectfully,
fleet

detritus

angry angry
Staff member
Administrator
Ryonani Teamster
Anyone else referencing this thread using German / .de e-mail providers, I disabled registration with them because for some reason the majority of them blackhole our registration e-mails without error. There are simply too many e-mail providers for me to try to work that out with them one-on-one. Please use a temporary / throw away e-mail instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom