Alice: Madness Returns (1 Viewer)

d£t

nu
Ryonani Teamster
Sequel to American McGee's: Alice from 2000.

Was just cruisin' around Gamespot when I came across this. I only played the demo of the first one a looong time ago. I don't remember much about it, but thought it would be of interest.

Alice: Madness Returns for PC - GameSpot

Announcement showcase:

Teaser:

Screenshots/concept slideshow:

Last edited:

Black Lion

Ryonani Teamster
I remember seeing gameplay from the prequel once. I noticed that Alice's voice was kinda hot when she got hit, but it's been a while since I've seen it. My preferences have changed.

Someone92

Vivacious Visitor
Read about this game just yesterday, seems interesting; I'm a fan of surreal horror games, and if the protagonist is an innocent little girl it's even better.
Dunno if the game will be good for ryona purposes, though.

Last edited by a moderator:

d£t

nu
Ryonani Teamster
This game was scheduled to be released yesterday in the US. Anybody get a chance to play it? Would love to hear your thoughts.

----------------

Avid Affiliate
Yeah, i bought it. It's said in reviews that it's kinda the same thing over and over. but i'm actually having a lot of fun with it haha. the settings and designs are phenomenal. if you're a fan of alice, i say try it out.

however, if you're looking for ryona potential, there isnt much..

PS anyone remember psychonauts? well i guess this is what became of that company. there is a razputin skeleton in the red queen level, if you look for it. pretty rad.

noice1

Potential Patron
Had my eye on this one. Goes straight in the "mind fuck" category of games I just can't play. I can't quite put my finger on it, but there is a certain level of artistic insanity that some games have which I feel like I'm living out a twisted reality I'm trying to escape from. Almost reminds me of Earthworm Jim. Fun and all, but, shit, bend my mind into a pretzel and wonder what the hell I just played.

Soundtrack can be heard here (Youtube)

VoreQ

Ryonani Teamster
i'm playing through it at the moment, i've got several clips already of different enemy attacks and i'll put em all together on youtube when i'm done :D
theres some good enemy grabs so far, like little bugs that will latch on and bite you, the cardmen are now zombies and swing you around by your head while biting you, some enemies freeze you in ice from the waist down, and theres a huge tar monster who picks you up, waves you around and slams you down.
also to regain health you get eaten by flowers for some reason XD

theres also quite afew costumes to choose from, some of them have negative effects like lowering your max health.

the downside about the game is there is no death animation, you simply go *poof!* when you loose all health.
i'll post a link up here when i've finished the video ^^

noice1

Potential Patron
Nice work, Q! That definitely looks like a really bizarre playthrough. The grabs were pretty nice and diverse, though, always a plus.

anotherguttersnipe

Ryonani Teamster
Game was brilliant! Story, artwork and all. Great to see a genuine platformer in this day and age when everyone is like 'Call of Duty of GTFO!!!!'

Yahtzee grilled it though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.