1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aion Slider Tweak - Beyond the Limits

Discussion in 'Game Mods' started by JustGuy, Oct 6, 2014.

1. JustGuy

JustGuy Vivacious Visitor

Thanks to the wonders of modding it is now possible to go beyond the slider limits in Aion Online.
    For what purpose? Well...

1361671y6.png
    1-6712-0691.png

Besides breast size you can also do this for many other body parts, such as arms, head, legs...anything for which there are sliders in the game really. This 'tweak' also doesn't access the game's memory or injects anything, making it 100% safe to use.

How does it work?
    Aion's slider values/settings are stored in a file named bodytypes.xml, found inside the custompreset.pak file you see in your Aion\data\custompreset folder. By default this file is in binary xml, making it impossible to access or edit, but Chunky99999 has been as kind as to 'translate' this file to normal xml and post it on previous GVZ forum. Thanks to his efforts we can now easily work with it and go beyond the game's normal slider limits with relative ease.

Download & Installing
    Before anything else you'll need to download a 'translated' custompreset.pak file so that you can edit bodytypes.xml (if desired). The custompreset files available for download below do just that, and also give all characters a notable increase in bust size already while still looking ok on most costumes. So use that for starters, and if you want to learn how to change these values yourself continue reading below, under "Editing values (optional)"

1. Download one of the following files:
    * For Aion 5.0 or higher clients: download custompreset_Aion50.zip from >>[here]<<
    * For pre-Aion 5.0 (4.9 or lower) clients: download custompreset.zip at the bottom of this post (attachments).

2. Installing
    Simply copypaste/drag-drop the new custompresent.pak in its entirety to the following folder: ...\Aion\data\custompreset. Overwrite when asked.

To restore the original values/file simply let your client patch, hit 'repair', or delete the new custompreset.pak file and launch the client afterwards.

IMPORTANT:
    ** Do not unpack the contents of custompresent.pak itself. We will be editing the bodytypes.xml file while it is still inside the .zip archive, and have the archive update with the changes.
    **Some clients (Gameforge/EU) reportedly check for any modified files and 'repair' them every time you launch the game. In this case simply drag-drop the new custompresent.pak into the folder mentioned above -after- the client is done with the file check (but before the game is fully loaded).

3. Editing Values (optional)
    ** You can only edit custompreset.pak while you are not running the game.
    ** A file archiver tool (like 7zip) and a text editor (WordPad preferred) are required to edit these values.
    1. Open the new custompresent.pak you downloaded above through your file archiver and locate bodytypes.xml. It should be right atop of the list.
    2. Open bodytypes.xml with your text editor. You will see all kind of lines, like this:
      140991190985.png
    3. Scroll down or use search to locate the line containing the name of the element you want to modify. This is 'bust' for breasts, 'head' for head, and so on.
    4. Before proceeding I will help you understand the above screenshot:
    5. Once you are done editing simply 'exit' the file (via the big red [X] at the top right). Answer 'yes' to all questions and notifications thrown your way. Now custompreset.pak will archive update with the changes. Launch Aion and enjoy.

Notes
    * Changes are only visible to you, though other characters that appear on your screen may also be affected.
    * Different values look great or horrible depending on the costume you are using.
    * Too high values (>7.0) may make your client unstable and cause crashes.

Tips
    * If you want to use different sizes make backups of different modified custompreset.pak files. There is no such thing as a live updater/physics adjuster for Aion, so you'll need to replace the file inside your \data\custompreset folder every time you wish to use a different size.
    - Patches will download the 'normal' custompreset.pak. Replace it with the tweaked one again afterwards.
    - A tool like FRAPS gives higher quality screenshots than the in-game screenshot function.

If this worked for you consider sharing your character below or drop a "like" for support :wink: Cheers!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 8, 2016
  2. RoqueDemon

RoqueDemon Avid Affiliate Content Creator

Done

3. aquasilva

aquasilva Potential Patron

Can you tell me what values are needed to get something like the first image? that one looks very balanced

4. JustGuy

<Scale bone="L_Bust" x="1" y="1.1" z="1.1" />
    <Scale bone="R_Bust" x="1" y="1.1" z="1.1" />

Something around this range. I am not 100% sure.
    You can always start there and work your way up in 0.1-0.2 increments.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2015
  5. aquasilva

I need a little help here, when I try to modify the file in wordpad after saving, my 7zip says cannot modify [FONT=Lato, serif]bodytypes.xml and later it says cannot update the file.[/FONT]

6. JustGuy

You can only edit the file while not running the game in any way. Check if there are no aion processes running in the task manager.
    You also need to modify the bodytypes.xml file while it is in the .pak archive (don't extract the contents -- repacking it is a pain)
    Hope this helps somehow.
    If it doesn't tell me I'll upload a custompreset.pak with the 1/1.1/1.1 values later.

7. aquasilva

Well I did what you told me, but when I try to save 7zip says the file cannot be modified T-T the values I got in there from the start are:

<Scale bone="L_Bust" x="1.9" y="2.0" z="1.8" />
    <Scale bone="R_Bust" x="1.9" y="2.0" z="1.8" />

If this is more than the normal preset in Aion then also the bat file isn't working cause I see them normal xD

8. JustGuy

/edit: This was caused by a corrupted file, new version below.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2015
  9. aquasilva

Oh that did work! Thanks a lot, maybe the other one was corrupt or something, this one did work ^^ now I only need to find something that takes off those shorts they implemented (they look horrible) xD

10. fleet

fleet Club Regular Staff Member Moderator

What did you want the new title to be? :rolleyes:
    Very rspectfully,
    fleet (moderator)

11. JustGuy

Aion - Increased Slider Limits (Fully customizable body)

Thanks in advance.

12. fleet

I changed the thread title per your request.
    Very respectfully,
    fleet (moderator)

13. JustGuy

edited this on my spare time so it's good to go with the new undertow format. I also consider it complete now.

Never could figure out if this belonged in game mods or adult mods or somewhere else. Maybe a mod can move it to the category he deems fitting?

14. fleet

It appears this is something you're going to continue to support, and it does not contain nudity: I've moved it to Game Mods.
    Very respectfully,
    fleet (moderator)

15. foxcapture

foxcapture Potential Patron

How about custompreset for 5.0 cast.JPG pak2zip here
    you can change it ?

Attached Files:

16. foxcapture

I made these changes for version 5.0 of Aion , aion ru pts 5.0

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 16, 2016
    JustGuy and maximusa like this.
  17. foxcapture

These values also change form

Attached Files:

18. maximusa

maximusa Vivacious Visitor

Works ;o! nice and ty Aion0027.jpg Aion0028.jpg Aion0029.jpg Aion0032.jpg

19. JustGuy

Small update for 5.0 patch.
    new file for this version added to first post.

Zunga likes this.
  20. Qanphix

Qanphix Potential Patron

I installed the game thrue the forge, edited the file in notepad as in just increased max bust size to try it out, replaced the file with the one that is suppose to work after 5.0 version... but once i start the game it repairs that file with the old one, how can i get around this!?