1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AION - Slider Mod

Discussion in 'Game Mods' started by JustGuy, Oct 6, 2014.

1. JustGuy

JustGuy Vivacious Visitor

Thanks to the wonders of modding it is now possible to go beyond the slider limits in Aion Online.
    For what purpose? Well...

1361671y6.png
    1-6712-0691.png

But besides breast size you can also do this for many other body parts, like arms, head, legs...anything for which there are sliders in the game really.

How does it work?
    Inside your Aion\Data folder is another folder named "custompreset", which has just one file in it: custompreset.pak

If you don't know, a *.pak really is a kind of .zip file...so inside this archive is a file named bodytypes.xml, which has the slider data.
    By default this file written in binary xml, so you can't really edit it. But on the previous GVZ forum a user "Chunky99999" found a way to 'translate' this file from binary xml to normal xml and posted it. I did some fiddling around myself and learned how to easily modify AION's slider values, which is what I'm posting here.

Download & Install
    Here is how to install and use the AION slider mod.

1. Download a 'translated' custompreset.pak file below.
    It is very important to download the file that matches your game version!

With a 'translated' file you can edit the sliders in bodytypes.xml yourself (if desired).
    By default both versions already come with a boost for female character bust size.

2. Install
    To install copy-paste/drag-drop the new custompresent.pak in its entirety to the following folder:
    Code:
    (...)\Aion\data\custompreset. 
    Overwrite when asked.
    !! DO NOT EXTRACT OR UNPACK the contents of the new custompresent.pak itself !!
    Slider changes are done by editing bodytypes.xml while it still is inside the archive, and then having the archive update the changes.

Some clients (like Gameforge/EU) check for modified files and 'repair' them every time you launch the game. If you have a client like that simply drag-drop the new custompresent.pak into its folder -after- the file check but -before- the game is fully loaded.

3. How to slider mod (optional)
    Before I explain how to mod AION's slider values yourself you need to know two things:
    - You can only edit custompreset.pak while you are not running the game.
    - You need a file archiver tool (like 7zip) and a text editor (WordPad preferred) to edit these values.
    1. Open the 'translated'/new custompresent.pak you downloaded above with 7zip and locate bodytypes.xml in it. It should be right atop of the list.
    2. Open bodytypes.xml with your text editor. You will see all kind of lines, like this:
      140991190985.png
    3. Scroll down or use search function to locate the lines containing the element you want to modify. Example: 'bust' for breasts, 'head' for head, and so on.
    4. Before proceeding I will help you to understand the above screenshot:
    Legend
    - The "Max" and "Min" values in a BodyScale display line (red underline in the screenshot) are the slider limits used in the character creation. Putting a higher 'max' (e.g. 5.0) will up that limit, so you can go beyond the normal sliders next time you make a character.
    - Within a BodyScale, there are two fields: Scale bone (red square in the screenshot) and Trans bone (under scale bone). These values affect all your current characters.
    - Scale bone affects that body part on your character the most, and is the main value to edit. Trans bone also affects that body part, but to a lesser extent and in different ways.

So, you can simply put higher values in scale bone and/or trans bone to make things bigger. Here is what higher values in each field do for breast size. For other body parts its similar.
    - Scale bone [x] -> Increases the breast depth/how far they stretch forward (when viewed from the side)
    - Scale bone [y] -> Determines breast tallness/height. This is not the location of the breast on the torso, but how far it stretches top and bottom.
    - Scale bone [z] -> Affects breast width (how wide they appear from frontal view)
    - Trans bone [x] -> Maybe was intended to affect the position of breast on the torso. Doesn't seem to do anything.
    - Trans bone [y] -> Higher values give literal torpedo tits (force forward)
    - Trans bone [z] -> Forces breasts to face outwards/be more apart at higher values

Increments of 0.2 are usually already notable so don't go overboard.

5. Once you are done with editing simply 'exit' the archive (big red [X] at top right). Answer 'yes' to all questions and notifications thrown your way.
    Now the custompreset.pak will update itself the changes.
    Launch Aion and enjoy.

Tips/Notes
    • Changes are only visible to you. Other charas on your screen may also be affected.
    • Different values look great or horrible depending on the costume you are using.
    • Too high values (above 7.0) can make your client unstable and cause crashes.
    • If you want to test/use different sizes make separate backups of different modified custompreset.pak files. There is no such thing as a live updater/physics adjuster for Aion. So you need to replace the custompresent file in your \data\custompreset folder with the version you want to use that time.
    • Patching the game (or deleting the modified custompreset and doing file repair) will download the 'normal' custompreset.pak. You replace it with the modded version after
    • A tool like FRAPS or shadowplay gives higher quality screenshots than the in-game screenshot function.
    If what I wrote here worked for you be sure to show off your creation sometime.
    Good Luck

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 22, 2017 at 10:58 PM
    aliraja likes this.
  2. RoqueDemon

RoqueDemon Content Creator

Done

3. aquasilva

aquasilva Potential Patron

Can you tell me what values are needed to get something like the first image? that one looks very balanced

4. JustGuy

<Scale bone="L_Bust" x="1" y="1.1" z="1.1" />
    <Scale bone="R_Bust" x="1" y="1.1" z="1.1" />

Something around this range. I am not 100% sure.
    You can always start there and work your way up in 0.1-0.2 increments.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2015
  5. aquasilva

I need a little help here, when I try to modify the file in wordpad after saving, my 7zip says cannot modify [FONT=Lato, serif]bodytypes.xml and later it says cannot update the file.[/FONT]

6. JustGuy

You can only edit the file while not running the game in any way. Check if there are no aion processes running in the task manager.
    You also need to modify the bodytypes.xml file while it is in the .pak archive (don't extract the contents -- repacking it is a pain)
    Hope this helps somehow.
    If it doesn't tell me I'll upload a custompreset.pak with the 1/1.1/1.1 values later.

7. aquasilva

Well I did what you told me, but when I try to save 7zip says the file cannot be modified T-T the values I got in there from the start are:

<Scale bone="L_Bust" x="1.9" y="2.0" z="1.8" />
    <Scale bone="R_Bust" x="1.9" y="2.0" z="1.8" />

If this is more than the normal preset in Aion then also the bat file isn't working cause I see them normal xD

8. JustGuy

/edit: This was caused by a corrupted file, new version below.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2015
  9. aquasilva

Oh that did work! Thanks a lot, maybe the other one was corrupt or something, this one did work ^^ now I only need to find something that takes off those shorts they implemented (they look horrible) xD

10. fleet

fleet Staff Member Moderator

What did you want the new title to be? :rolleyes:
    Very rspectfully,
    fleet (moderator)

11. JustGuy

Aion - Increased Slider Limits (Fully customizable body)

Thanks in advance.

12. fleet

I changed the thread title per your request.
    Very respectfully,
    fleet (moderator)

13. fleet

It appears this is something you're going to continue to support, and it does not contain nudity: I've moved it to Game Mods.
    Very respectfully,
    fleet (moderator)

14. foxcapture

foxcapture Potential Patron

How about custompreset for 5.0 cast.JPG pak2zip here
    you can change it ?

Attached Files:

15. foxcapture

I made these changes for version 5.0 of Aion , aion ru pts 5.0

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 16, 2016
    JustGuy and maximusa like this.
  16. foxcapture

These values also change form

Attached Files:

17. maximusa

maximusa Vivacious Visitor

Works ;o! nice and ty Aion0027.jpg Aion0028.jpg Aion0029.jpg Aion0032.jpg

18. JustGuy

Small update for 5.0 patch.
    new file for this version added to first post.

Zunga likes this.
  19. Qanphix

Qanphix Potential Patron

I installed the game thrue the forge, edited the file in notepad as in just increased max bust size to try it out, replaced the file with the one that is suppose to work after 5.0 version... but once i start the game it repairs that file with the old one, how can i get around this!?

20. JustGuy

The file you downloaded from the first post already comes with a changed bust size.

You can drag-drop this new custompreset.pak file into the \Aion\data\custompreset folder -after- your client is done with its file check (but before the game is fully loaded). This bypasses the file repair.

In the past you could launch Aion via a .bat file to bypass the file repair, but they removed this option in a later patch. So, if you use a client like gameforge which tries to repair modified files everytime it is launched, you'll need to drag-drop the modified custompreset.pak into said folder manually every time after the file check is finished.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2016