Adventure Time????? Fionna & Ice Queen (1 Viewer)

bluejacketmatt

Potential Patron
I'm totally Shocked no one has done these two :-\ :'( Please can some one make Fionna and The Ice
Queen.
Fionna
342352424523523523.png

lusciousnet_lusciousnet_122388820-2_1638166731.315x0.jpg

lusciousnet_fionna_taking_it_from_b_1068244254.315x0.jpg

Ice Queen
ice_queen_by_thecheeseburger-d7rizfe.png

1389039312_244298654.jpeg

stuntcock

Content Creator
bluejacketmatt said:
I'm totally Shocked no one has done these two :-\ :'( Please can some one make Fionna and The Ice
Queen.

Fionna is a questionable Request -- the character is canonically underage but your references seem to indicate a grown-up version. Anyhow - there are at least two Fionna mods in the archive (and a few Search hits on the live forum) so please check those out first and consider posting a Revision request if one of them just needs a few touch-ups. If they're completely unacceptable then please explain why - just in case someone takes up your Request and then repeats the same mistakes.

The Ice Queen request is technically a duplicate, but the old thread covered several characters so a targeted request might be okay.

Ice Queen would be tricky - the hair is voluminous and needs to be rendered dynamically. Yet it exhibits sinuous body-hugging in some shots (which suggests heavy curls) while forming an inertial trail in action scenes (which would require straighter/lighter hair). You'd need to decide whether you want fidelity in movement or in repose, because you probably can't have both.

The hair is floor-length. A kneeling posture means that the hair will need to pile up against the floor (which may look silly for a hairstyle as thick as this one) or that it falls through the floor (also looks silly) or that the modder pins it up (perhaps into a bun or half-updo). Or we just shorten it substantially.

In terms of layers... you could probably put the main strand on DYNAMIC_HAIR_UNDER (using ActionScript to hide the ear) and allow it to clip through the collarbone. Collision-avoidance would be unreasonably difficult; the strand is too thick. You could then setup a single DYNAMIC_HAIR_OVER strand to wrap around the right shoulder.

The bodice is straightforward, although the puffed shoulders might be somewhat detrimental to gameplay (because they'd block the player's view of the face and neck). The skirt is heavily crinolined -- it could be adapted into a kneeling shape, but players would probably just be confused by it (because they don't know anything about dressmaking). It would be simpler to just forget the custom skirt and merge the Ice Queen bodice with an existing SWF for a structureless ankle-length skirt.

The eyebrows could be setup as secondary hair strands - assuming that you want them to be animated in a "bouncy" or "floppy" style. Probably not worth the effort, though.

The weird mouth design and the eye replacement ... too much work. Especially if you want talking, squinting, blinking, etc...

And can we please stop prefacing Request threads with "I'm surprised that nobody has made <x> yet" ? If true, it adds nothing. If false, it makes you look foolish.

bluejacketmatt

Potential Patron
Clearly I just wanted an Fionna costume not a underage character :o, The games preset clothing would work the only thing missing would be the hat/hair and the back pack. Basically a cosplay costume like this one
tumblr_lsvjoopORd1qfn9qso1_500.jpg

The ice queen doesn't necessarily need hair down to her feet that was just a pic, it could be shortened, I don't care about the mouth or eyebrows the default game ones would work for me. Again basicly just a cosplay costume of her. Here is another style of hair
thumb.png

If someone is able to re-color the shego hair import to white and add a crown that would work too.
I would do this stuff if I knew how, I can make basic hair but I don't know how to make dynamic hair.
Shego Hair
740e3a343491201.jpg

stuntcock

Content Creator
bluejacketmatt said:
Clearly I just wanted an Fionna costume
No. That was not clear. There were three reference images. Only one of them focused on the costume, and it was very low-resolution.

The ice queen doesn't necessarily need hair down to her feet that was just a pic
Both of the reference images that you provided showed the character with very long hair. Why would you include such images if you wanted something different?

Which aspect of the character design are you really interested in? What's the sine qua non? The hair is interesting, but you're willing to replace it with a shoulder-length version. The dress is distinctive, but I've already warned you that we'll need to simplify it for gameplay reasons. Is the crown super important?

add a crown
The first set of reference images showed a very tight jeweled choker and a comically-undersized crown atop the hair. The choker would need to be widened for gameplay reasons -- the throat expands during the "swallowing" animation, and it would clip through the choker as-is. The crown could be placed atop the hair, but then we run into a problem:

"If the hair is dynamically animated, then the crown's resting place will bounce and jiggle around."

There are a few ways to deal with it. We can artificially restrict motion in that sector of the hair (so that the crown stays fairly still). Or we can allow the crown to move with the hair but assign a high rigidity value to it (so that the crown's movement will not disturb its dimensions; it will neither twist nor stretch).

Alternatively: we could forget the idea of a crown precariously balanced atop a pile of hair, and instead use a reasonably-sized tiara or coronet above the forehead -- as shown in your newest reference image.

If someone is able to re-color the shego hair import to white and add a crown that would work too.
I would do this stuff if I knew how, I can make basic hair but I don't know how to make dynamic hair.
Your link is broken, but I think that this is the intended target.

I can't do much with it as-is. The hair is almost entirely black; there are no obvious part-lines or ornaments which would constrain its motion. It seems to ignore the ear entirely. If I tried to divide it into strands (which is a necessary step in the Dynamic Hair process) then I'd just be guessing ... and the result would probably suck.

The only really obvious element is the forelock, but even that one is no fun because it shifts from foreground to background midway through its length. This is do-able, but it requires extra work.

If you want to continue with this Request, then:
  • post some usable costume reference images for Fionna (high-resolution, side view)
  • post some usable costume reference images for Ice Queen (high-resolution, side view)
  • provide some feedback on the Ice Queen dress discussion. Do you want a soft skirt which can fold into a kneeling posture, or a stiff crinolined skirt which would match the original design (but which would force you to use Animtools to make the character squat because kneeling will look stupid).
  • open the Shego hair in MSPaint (or GIMP or whatever) and scribble on it to indicate the boundaries and lines of tension.
    • alternatively: forget the Shego hairstyle (which doesn't really fit this character) and find a new reference image which shows a hair length which is easier to implement in-game (e.g. waist-length or shoulder-length).
  • ensure that your reference images actually show a version of the character that you want to see in-game, and that the image focuses on the appropriate details
    • consider editing your previous posts to remove irrelevant images
  • please post larger reference images. 200px is insufficient.

bluejacketmatt

Potential Patron
This was my attempt For Fionna the human Cosplay costume, The shirt was made by dante. http://www.solidfiles.com/d/3d2183eccc/
I didn't make a skirt because I made I made bottoms instead of socks in flash (I don't know exactly what i'm doing still learning)
a31a9k.jpg

Attachments

• Fionna (2).png
    Fionna (2).png
    120.7 KB · Views: 648
  • adventure_time_desktop_1920x1080_hd-wallpaper-728354.jpg
    adventure_time_desktop_1920x1080_hd-wallpaper-728354.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 406
Gym sock fionna.swf
7.2 KB · Views: 567

Fionna backpack1.swf
42.8 KB · Views: 519

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.