Adding mods w/ Mod loader issue. (1 Viewer)

happygofucky

Potential Patron
So I've got mod loader and a few mods I want to try out but I'm having trouble getting the actual mods themselves to show up in the mod loader window. I'm basically wondering if anyone could give me like a step by step guide (or link to a pre-existing one since I can't seem to find anything beyond http://superdeepthroat.undertow.club/index.php?topic=1047.0 , which, even though I'm following it step by step is not working) showing me how to get mods to show up in my loader. It should be noted that I'm using a Mac.

Basically even though I've relocated the mods to the proper folders and added the .txt files and such, nothing appears in the mods section aside from the few example and thigh sets that are automatically included with the current loader download.

I'm running an SDT file labeled "SDT_1_18_2b.swf" (whatever is linked to off konashion's main blog), and the modloader is labeled as v. 5.16.

ModGuy

Content Creator
happygofucky said:
Basically even though I've relocated the mods to the proper folders and added the .txt files and such, nothing appears in the mods section aside from the few example and thigh sets that are automatically included with the current loader download.

Well it can't be the proper folder then can it.
Ah, never mind.

In the loader folder you have something like:

Code:
Mods/
	SomeModFolder/
	SomeOtherCrap/
	YouGetTheIdea/
	Mods.txt

Now that first Mods.txt must be modified to contain the name of the folder and the ingame name.
Format is Name:Name, I forgot the order. Each has a new line.

Once it shows up, just follow the example formats and the saving guide for what file names are accepted by the loader.

sby

Content Creator
Coder
i believe modguy includes his awesome "Mods Folder.exe" script to update that text file for you. if you want to be lazy, run that and it will update the file.

happygofucky

Potential Patron
ModGuy said:
Well it can't be the proper folder then can it.
Ah, never mind.

In the loader folder you have something like:

Code:
Mods/
	SomeModFolder/
	SomeOtherCrap/
	YouGetTheIdea/
	Mods.txt

Now that first Mods.txt must be modified to contain the name of the folder and the ingame name.
Format is Name:Name, I forgot the order. Each has a new line.

Once it shows up, just follow the example formats and the saving guide for what file names are accepted by the loader.

I (believe) I did exactly that...added the mods in their own folders within the Mods Folder and then added them to the Mods.txt file. I actually followed what (i believe) was a post you yourself had made to a T but still couldn't get anything to pop up within the mods list.

I can get most .swf files to work fine in the loader (the ones that require it, I mean) but without any of the mods they often times require, they're essentially useless. I'm trying to start with the simplest possible one (which I assumed was the thickerassnlegs mod) just to get a feel for how to do it....but the fact that I can't get them to show up means I'm obviously doing something wrong and / or it's a different process entirely for a mac (although I can't imagine why it would be).

1. Download mod
2. open loader file
3. Open mod folder
4. Edit mod.txt file to add "Thickass:Thickass"
5. Add new folder: Thickass
6.drag "thickerassnlegs.swf" into the Thickass folder
7. create mod.txt file and type in "thickerassnlegs.swf"
8. save and close mods.txt file
9. open loader
10. No mod in mod list.

I also just now readjusted the mod.txt file so "Thickass:Thickass" was at the top of the list and it now shows up, however the mod itself does not implement whenever I select said mod in the pull down. When I DO select the mod, however, her hair briefly reacts weirdly and the back part of her hair flips around to cover her face for a split second.

Another thing I've tried since getting the mods to show in the list is adding the mods i want to pre-existing mods in the loader and the same hair effect happens / none of the rest of the mod loads. I'm starting to simply think that the very few mods I've attempted are either obsolete or non compatible with the current loader...If anyone could give me a CURRENT, heavily used mod that is known to work with the up to date version of the loader so that I may try it out with that, I'd be appreciative. I'm starting to think my problem from the get go has just been that I've been attempting to use mods that were considered to be "popular" like a year ago

ModGuy

Content Creator
Here's what to do:

Attempt to set up a few unique folders for whatever you want.
Archive and upload the loader folder including these mod folders.
Link it here and either myself or someone else will have a look.

After that sanity check we can see if it's a Mac thing or if there's an error with your configuration.

happygofucky

Potential Patron
Ok I'm assuming it's fine for me to just attach it here? I've basically just thrown together a few different folders of mods you yourself created by request that sounded interesting (Sloppy mod...drip out). I thought the sloppy one might be working but didn't notice anything different w/ Drip Out...I've also noticed I can ONLY add whatever is at the top of my mod.txt file (the main one) to the mod list for some reason so perhaps if / when we do figure out wtf I'm doing wrong, I can start packaging mods together a little better if I have to.

Attachments

Loader.zip
2.7 MB · Views: 120

Kyro

Potential Patron
Drip:DripSloppy:SloppyMiranda:MirandaAss:AssExample:Example

What the? It has to be on their own new line. Also the ''Mod'' txt documents has to be ''Mods'' like the main one.

This just looks like a lack of paying attention to details. As for the folder called ''__MACOSX'' it has a lot of ''._'' in the names of stuff and the ''Mods'' txt documents are gibberish. So I don't know what that is or why you included that. >.>

happygofucky

Potential Patron
Kyro said:
Drip:DripSloppy:SloppyMiranda:MirandaAss:AssExample:Example

What the? It has to be on their own new line. Also the ''Mod'' txt documents has to be ''Mods'' like the main one.

This just looks like a lack of paying attention to details. As for the folder called ''__MACOSX'' it has a lot of ''._'' in the names of stuff and the ''Mods'' txt documents are gibberish. So I don't know what that is or why you included that. >.>

LOL see this is exactly what I was talking about. In my version they are all on their own lines. Are you saying that when you d/l it and brought up the Mods.txt file that they were all consecutively listed in a single line together? The mod / mods thing is definitely my own fault so that I'll take credit for, but the MACOSx thing I honestly have no idea what you're referring to...I didn't (and don't) have a folder named _MACOSX. Did you find that hidden away somewhere or was it just sitting in the main loader file?

Synonymous

Content Creator
Kyro said:
''__MACOSX'' it has a lot of ''._'' in the names of stuff and the ''Mods'' txt documents are gibberish
happygofucky said:
the MACOSx thing I honestly have no idea what you're referring to...I didn't (and don't) have a folder named _MACOSX
Which one of you uses a mac?
I see this a lot when I move files to a flash drive and open it on windows.
No idea why.

happygofucky

Potential Patron
Synonymous said:
Kyro said:
''__MACOSX'' it has a lot of ''._'' in the names of stuff and the ''Mods'' txt documents are gibberish
happygofucky said:
the MACOSx thing I honestly have no idea what you're referring to...I didn't (and don't) have a folder named _MACOSX
Which one of you uses a mac?
I see this a lot when I move files to a flash drive and open it on windows.
No idea why.

I'm the one who has a Mac...I'm also the one having the issues. The folder he's referring to and pretty much all the issues save the mod / mods.txt mislabeling are all things that aren't appearing in my version of the folder and seem to be occuring during the translation from mac to windows.

Kyro

Potential Patron
Untitled-11.png

It appears as soon as I open it to extract it. Might just be the fact that your using a Mac and I'm not what causes that though. >.>

But yeah it should be working if everything is set up right as you say. It's probables just your Macs fault. But yeah the ''__MACOSX'' folder is the same as the ''Loader'' folder except it has more gibberish stuff.

happygofucky

Potential Patron
I'm pretty convinced it's a mac issue as well...I mean I guess I'm not losing any sleep over it (lies...all lies) seeing as I can get practically every .swf file and dialogue mods and all that jazz to work, it just requires a bunch of tinkering.

ModGuy

Content Creator
That's really weird... I was just thinking that it would be an issue with text editing on Mac.
Try a different editor? Either that or I develop something for Mac users to set stuff up.
If that happens I'll need someone with a Mac on hand for testing.

happygofucky

Potential Patron
ModGuy said:
That's really weird... I was just thinking that it would be an issue with text editing on Mac.
Try a different editor? Either that or I develop something for Mac users to set stuff up.
If that happens I'll need someone with a Mac on hand for testing.

I could definitely be available to help test out stuff if you're willing to mess around with it. It's interesting you brought up the text editor however because I was actually going to mention the fact that when I do create text files, initially the files are all .rtf files by default and I have to re-format them to be .txt files.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.