About the color scales in SDT (1 Viewer)

Renegade

Potential Patron
Ok, does anyone know how the color scales work for the game. Specifically the lipstick and body color scales. For awhile now I have just been eye-bawlin' the colors of the characters I am trying to create and while I get close, I can't help my OCD about getting the colors right.

Now I have tried using paint to get the color codes I want to use for the game but when I try and use them it gets no were near the color I was trying to create. I think this has something to do with the fact that paint runs on a different scale for the colors as compaired to SDT.

Basically I would like some one to explain what the H S L C stand for and how I might possibly be able to use the paint color scales to get a more identicle color in SDT.

Or if their is a better (free) alternative to capturing color codes for SDT from images please let me know.

Mak

Content Creator
I don't understand how HSL works well enough to explain it, but here's the wiki for it and HSV.

To capture a colour I find paint seems a bit off to me, but GIMP (free,) using the eyedropper gives the numbers for HSV, RGB, and HTML (I believe the HTML is the same as HEX.) There are several programs and ways to convert these numbers into others used by whatever program you want to plug them into, that can be found with a google search. Some can be converted even with the PC calculator as shown in the settings section of Anonymous' loader guide.

I hope this helps.

Renegade

Potential Patron
Mak said:
I don't understand how HSL works well enough to explain it, but here's the wiki for it and HSV.

To capture a colour I find paint seems a bit off to me, but GIMP (free,) using the eyedropper gives the numbers for HSV, RGB, and HTML (I believe the HTML is the same as HEX.) There are several programs and ways to convert these numbers into others used by whatever program you want to plug them into, that can be found with a google search. Some can be converted even with the PC calculator as shown in the settings section of Anonymous' loader guide.

I hope this helps.

Right, I get what your saying I use the dropper in paint and get the same results. My problem is for her skin, how do I use the numbers I collected for the H S L for the sliders in the game because the numbers I get from the dropper don't make the color? I guess I am using it wrong right?

Mak

Content Creator
Ah, I made a bit of a mistake by reading your first post too quickly sorry.

The lipstick uses the basic RGB colouring, but since the colour of her skin changes the colour of her lips it will be a bit off even if the lipstick alpha is turned all the way up it seems.

I believe for her skin the HSLC stands for Hue Saturation Lightness or Luminance and Colour(?), which I've been unable to find a way to figure out so I can just put the values into my code either.

I have found this colour finding tool with a lot of options, but if there's a way to figure out those values with it I'm yet to understand how to do it.

Renegade

Potential Patron
Mak said:
Ah, I made a bit of a mistake by reading your first post too quickly sorry.

The lipstick uses the basic RGB colouring, but since the colour of her skin changes the colour of her lips it will be a bit off even if the lipstick alpha is turned all the way up it seems.

I believe for her skin the HSLC stands for Hue Saturation Lightness or Luminance and Colour(?), which I've been unable to find a way to figure out so I can just put the values into my code either.

I have found this colour finding tool with a lot of options, but if there's a way to figure out those values with it I'm yet to understand how to do it.

thanks for trying.

Maybe Anon or ModGuy could tell me when they see this post.

Mak

Content Creator
I have confirmed H is Hue, but 0 on the in game slider is 180 on a typical hue setting. So 0-180 for normal hue numbers would be converted to the negative. i.e. 1=-179 and 179=-1 on the slider.

anonymous

Avid Affiliate
Hue, Saturation, Color, Luminosity.

This conversation took place a year ago, I don't recall if we ever got it down to a science, but it's pretty good I believe.

http://superdeepthroat.undertow.club/index.php?topic=107.0

ModGuy

Content Creator
76778869552028876179.png

Hmmm....

Renegade

Potential Patron
Thanks for the redirection Anon.

Modguy not sure what your pic is but meh, after reading the other thread I guess I will just have to wait until either you or kona comes out with a better color system that makes it less complicated for a noob like me.

I guess I will just keep eye-bawlin'

Thanks again guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.