How to load Faceless' s Loader Archive 1? Renamed as problem is not in archive 4 (1 Viewer)

adkfl

Potential Patron
Hi. I was trying to load Faceless's archive 4 loader mod. I managed to get the eye mods working. However when I try to load the arm and breast mods, it gives me an error saying "Mod Loading Failed". Does anyone know how to fix it?.

NOTE: I used the method of loading the mods via Mods.txt but even it doesn't work.

Faceless

Content Creator
Uh, Archive 4 doesn't have any arm or breast mods. Those are all in Archive 1, which is mostly deprecated. Tell me which ones you want specifically, and I'll update them for the current loader build. And don't say all or even most, because the reason they haven't been updated to begin with is that I'm too lazy to do all of them.

adkfl

Potential Patron
Whoops! I messed up the title. I meant Archive 1. I cannot load the breast and arm graffiti files. They keep giving me the "Mod failed loading "error.
Sorry.

stuntcock

Content Creator
However when I try to load the arm and breast mods, it gives me an error saying "Mod Loading Failed".
That particular error message usually refers to imports rather than Loader mods. It often arises when you're tinkering with new imports and Saving new characters. Under such circumstances, it can indicate that the game is attempting to load an external SWF file but has failed to do so (i.e. because the file has been moved or deleted).

It's possible for the error to appear due to coding errors in a particular mod's scripts, but Faceless' work has been available for a long time. If there were any fatal errors lurking in the code, then someone would probably have noticed them before now.
  • clarification: are you putting the files in a specific Character Folder (e.g. Mods\Cute Blonde Girl\), or one of the special folders (e.g. Mods\$INIT$\) ?
    • most mods should be usable from either location, but the special folders tend to contain more "heavyweight" mods (such as MoreClothing) and are therefore at greater risk of load-order conflicts
    • knowing more about how you're trying to use the mods may help us to understand why they're failing to load
  • please try to comment-out Faceless' mods from your Mods.txt file and then restart the game.
    • if the error still appears, then we'll know that these mods aren't causing the problem. Or at least - that they're not causing it directly
    • either way, please copy-paste the contents of your Mods.txt file here so that we can check for any obvious omissions or conflicts
  • please download the Flash Player Projector Content Debugger and then use it to run Loader.swf
    • play the game normally until the error message appears. If any exceptions arise, copy-paste (or screenshot) them here and we'll review the details
    • if no exceptions occur, then try to load the graffiti mods manually (via the Swf Mod button) in the hope of provoking an error

adkfl

Potential Patron
I have put each body part in separate folders eg. The Arm Graffiti in Mods\Arm\ etc. Am I supposed to be putting them in one specific folder for a character? I also tried loading the mods via the SWF button. That loaded it but the textures don't show up on the specific body part. So the issue still persists. Anyway my load order is:
////
$INIT$:$INIT$
$OVER$:$OVER$
$RESET$:$RESET$
Dark Mods:Dark Mods
ARM:ARM
BRT:BRT
EYE:EYE
////

stuntcock

Content Creator
I also tried loading the mods via the SWF button. That loaded it but the textures don't show up on the specific body part.
If the "textures" didn't appear correctly, then how do you know that the mod was loaded successfully? Do you mean that the graffiti is appearing, but in a corrupted form? Or is it floating in empty space near the character?

So the issue still persists. Anyway my load order is:
That isn't your load order. That's your CharacterFolders.txt file.

Please copy-paste the contents of your $INIT$\Mods.txt file, and at least one of your special ones (ARM\Mods.txt, BRT\Mods.txt, or EYE\Mods.txt).

Please try to run the game via the debugger tool and report any errors that occur.

adkfl

Potential Patron
Proper load order here:
////
Default/TemplateExtensionV5_sby.swf
Default/FinishesCounter.swf
Default/VigourCounter.swf
Default/PleasureCounter.swf
Default/BreathCounter.swf
Default/HeldBreathCounter.swf
Default/CumInMouthCounter.swf
BGLoader.swf
StopSWFCode_Global.swf
allalphaslidersV5.swf
clearAllShortcut.swf
hairlayerpatchV1.swf
dialogpatchV2.swf
autoclosemouthV3.swf
vanillaarmpatchV2.swf
penisrangeV5.swf
moreclothingV5_1.swf
animtoolsV14.swf
X-Ray_2.0.swf
Eye.swf
Nipple1.swf
Nipple2.swf
Arm.swf
///

Finally, what I mean by textures not appearing is that when I used the manual SWF method, the properly loaded without any pauses, however the arm and breast mods would freeze the game and then it would return to normal. Since this happens with many of my hair mods, I assumed it had successfully loaded it.

stuntcock

Content Creator
moreclothingV5_1.swf
animtoolsV14.swf
You're using outdated versions of sby's mods. This probably isn't the source of your current difficulty, but you might as well update your files.

Eye.swf
Nipple1.swf
Nipple2.swf
Arm.swf
These aren't necessary. You can load Faceless' graffiti MOD files directly without worrying about the bundled SWF files. The SWFs merely load the "standard" shape for the associated limb - in case you've replaced it with something weird (such as a monstergirl or whatever). If you're using the standard body shape then the SWFs can be skipped.

the arm and breast mods would freeze the game and then it would return to normal
Please try to run the game via the debugger tool and report any errors that occur.

Please post before-and-after screenshots. I just want to ensure that we aren't facing something incredibly simple, such as "the graffiti is being loaded, but it isn't visible because the girl is wearing long sleeves."

Faceless

Content Creator
Actually, those mods (Arm.swf, Nipple.swf, etc.) are just sprites that contain no code whatsoever. What you used to do was stick them into a character folder, and the loader would automatically detect them and load the sprites into locations determined by the filename. They have long since been deprecated in favor of mods that use actual code to define where they go, which I denote with the MOD extension.

adkfl

Potential Patron
Ok. Now that I actually gained a couple of IQ points, I figured you can just IMPORT the mod files. Sorry for the trouble. I am not a smart man

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.